Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Correct...and it SPECIFIC that that biological descendant MUST come through SOLOMON. Go read the prophecy dude. It is quite clear....no ambiguity whatsoever. Read it well and you will find that your own Bible tells you that although David had many sons, your god chose Solomon. Got that pal....not Nathan....Solomon.

"The Messiah must be a male, patrilineal descendant of King David, through King Solomon. If you look at 2 Samuel 7:8-16, King David is promised that Solomon and his descendants will be the royal line of the Jewish people forever. Keep in mind that this is a family lineage. Biblical family lineage only proceeds through the father, hence the Messiah must have a patrilineal lineage to David through Solomon."

"The prophecy that the Messiah will come from the line of David, through Solomon, comes up in numerous Jewish prayers."
Is Jesus The Messiah?

Go speak to a Rabbi about it. It's their prophecy and they know the requirements for their own Messiah. He must come from David via Solomon and continue in that line...and that excludes your Jesus.

QED.

I don't need to talk to anyone, I can read. 2Sam. 7:8-16 does not even mention Solomon, your creating a new prophecy to match your gripe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,140,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
According to Matthew 1:20, concerning Jesus physical conception; " For that which has been conceived in her ( Mary's womb), is of the Holy Spirit." This means that Jesus physical body was not the result of male spamodazoa being fertilized by Marys womb, it was the result of what God placed inside of her and used her womb to carry him for 9 months. And that is significant and implys many , many things that people don't readily consider.

One, he is the ONLY human ever conceived as such! So he was human, but he was also " More than human!" He was the firstborn human conceived by the Holy Spirit of God! And that has some serious implications that go along with it. No human male genes were imparted into him by male spamodazoa, yet he was born male.

And the reasons for that are very interesting!
Ya, that all sounds real feasible...

Old 04-11-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
Ya, that all sounds real feasible...

In my view its factual.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:10 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
In my view its factual.
It doesn't pass the criteria for independent attestation though and thus cannot be considered likely as happening. I fail to understand why jesus being born a man inspired somehow demotes him in the eyes of some believers.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:49 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
the only human concieved by such? ever heard of comparative religion?

Dionysus, Heracles, Attis, Horus, Osiris, Mithra, Krishna, Buddha, Perseus, etc are all born in the same manner. Like Jesus they are mythical characters
Buddha was not

Also According to different parts of the Bible, Jesus was the son of Joseph depending on which gospel you choose

OH not to sound too much like a dweeb, but if Virgin Birth DID occur, really, then the offspring would have to be female, because the Y chromosome to determine masculine gender can can only be introduced by a male.
And no, as Meesterr-Chung already pointed out, that argument about Divine Conception has already been applied to the above list, with the exception of the aforementioned Buddha who was not divinely conceived.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
It doesn't pass the criteria for independent attestation though and thus cannot be considered likely as happening. I fail to understand why jesus being born a man inspired somehow demotes him in the eyes of some believers.

It passes my conscious criteria, and Jesus is not demoted in my view of him; he in fact is highly exalted above any man or woman.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
It passes my conscious criteria, and Jesus is not demoted in my view of him; he in fact is highly exalted above any man or woman.
Your criteria does not matter as it did not happen that way lol. A simple look into history determines the birth narratives are complete fiction.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Your criteria does not matter as it did not happen that way lol. A simple look into history determines the birth narratives are complete fiction.

My criteria matters to me and the majority of humans in history and this present world; your criteria is the minority. The story of Christ has superseeded normal narratives and has superseeded history; thats why the story has survived. History has already determined that Jesus was the greatest man who ever lived bar none!

And that is fact! His life was a fact, and these historians have contributed to his existence in one manner or another;

Tertullian
Josephus
Suetonius
Thallus
Lucian
Celsus
Plingy the Younger
Sextus Julius Africanus
Tacitus
Origen
Dionysius the Areopagite
Hegesippus
Conon
Porphyry of Tyre
Polycarp
Eusebius
Irenaeus
Ignatius
Justin Martyr
Phlegon
Mara Bar-Serapion

Just to name a few.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
My criteria matters to me and the majority of humans in history and this present world; your criteria is the minority. The story of Christ has superseeded normal narratives and has superseeded history; thats why the story has survived. History has already determined that Jesus was the greatest man who ever lived bar none!

And that is fact! His life was a fact, and these historians have contributed to his existence in one manner or another;

Tertullian
Josephus
Suetonius
Thallus
Lucian
Celsus
Plingy the Younger
Sextus Julius Africanus
Tacitus
Origen
Dionysius the Areopagite
Hegesippus
Conon
Porphyry of Tyre
Polycarp
Eusebius
Irenaeus
Ignatius
Justin Martyr
Phlegon
Mara Bar-Serapion

Just to name a few.
Eh you are missing the point, none of those men confirm the birth narrative. ANd believe me worldwide very few christians believe the birth narrative is realistic.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Eh you are missing the point, none of those men confirm the birth narrative. ANd believe me worldwide very few christians believe the birth narrative is realistic.

I neither agree with you or believe you. In my view, and I am not Christian, most Christians believe the birth narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality