Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Is it a sin of unjustifiable cooperation in evil to go on City-Data Forums?

The reason I ask is because there is blasphemy in the Religion and Politics & Other Controversies forums, lewd talk in the Relationships Forum, and perhaps other sinful content that the moderators do not filter as a matter of policy.

Do we participate in the sins of the posters and administrators by merely being on here and encouraging the forums' existence?
Well if it is a sin, I am a really big sinner, as I am on C-D at least a couple hours everyday. If it is a sin, God forgive me, I can't help myself...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM

40 posts, read 36,694 times
Quote:

The reason I ask is because there is blasphemy in the Religion and Politics & Other Controversies forums, lewd talk in the Relationships Forum, and perhaps other sinful content that the moderators do not filter as a matter of policy.

Do we participate in the sins of the posters and administrators by merely being on here and encouraging the forums' existence?
Are you joking or just that brainwashed? If this is the case lock yourself in the your room and toss away the key because according to you religious folks there is sin everywhere.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:02 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:

Yes it is a terrible sin....You had better log off as soon as possible!

Old 04-14-2012, 01:02 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
I have a strict policy regarding CD. I never discuss anything here that I wouldn't discuss with my kids.

Then again, i'm very open and honest with my kids, their friends too.

It takes a village ya know!

Old 04-14-2012, 01:07 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,099,533 times
OP, are you an adult? I ask because adults usually don't use the term "sin."

Old 04-14-2012, 01:31 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,091 times
S=sunshine
I=is
N=nice

Old 04-14-2012, 01:32 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times
Quote:

You must understand that while calling God insulting names and making cynical sarcastic remarks about him or Jesus, is a sin in your mind and consciousness, certain hardcore unbelievers do not have that consciousness which you have. There are things that you willnot dare to do, but to them its not even a dare, its nothing! And you must understand that God understands this, is even using this in his unstoppable will.

Nothing; no human behavior is being unused; all things are in the active radar of Gods ongoing purpose; both belief and unbelief are " Needed now";

and absolutely nothing can stop this incredible display of light and darkness intermingling. It is not a sin to post here at CD. To him who knows not to blaspheme- to him ONLY is it a sin to do it. To him who knows to do good, and does not do it, to him only is it a sin.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:55 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:

Didn't think of it like that. I don't think so.

The reason being most people in today's culture get their information from browsing the internet. While their is much junk on the internet, it is also a channel for preaching the Word, reaching the Lost, connecting with others, etc.

If Christians weren't on the boards defending the faith there would be nonChrisitians on the Christian, Religious, and Politic Forums leading people away from the truth.

People looking for answers can see both sides of the story and come to a conclusion for themselves.

I do think turning of the propaganda TV outlet is a huge step forward however. If the people stopped playing the game as they've been spoon fed to think in a particular paradigm, the whole nation would take a million steps forward. But that most likely isn't going to happen.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:00 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
... The mods are doing a good job of keeping things in the middle for the most part...
Hey! You're discussing moderator's actions! That's a sin!!!

Old 04-14-2012, 03:33 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Hey! You're discussing moderator's actions! That's a sin!!!
Hopefully, they will forgive my transgression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality