Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times

Advertisements

The cat chases the rat for two reasons; instinct and lust for meat; from this we can know that even animals can be driven. Often in my observation of Theist and Atheist going after each other, I go deep into myself and ask why?

I just as often come to the same conclusion; they go after each other because of instinct and lust.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The cat chases the rat for two reasons; instinct and lust for meat; from this we can know that even animals can be driven. Often in my observation of Theist and Atheist going after each other, I go deep into myself and ask why?

I just as often come to the same conclusion; they go after each other because of instinct and lust.
Bifurcation/False dilemma n. (logical) Also known as the Black and White Fallacy. Insisting that there are only two solutions to a question when three or more solutions do or can exist.

My words, if you look it up your mileage may vary.

The cat may be bored, he may perceive the rat as a threat to young kittens, he may have watched too many cartoons, etc.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:31 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,230 times
Quote:
T

Lust? Good Goat Grief. No.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
Bifurcation/False dilemma n. (logical) Also known as the Black and White Fallacy. Insisting that there are only two solutions to a question when three or more solutions do or can exist.

My words, if you look it up your mileage may vary.

The cat may be bored, he may perceive the rat as a threat to young kittens, he may have watched too many cartoons, etc.

Well I am not trying to limit the observations here, because I agree, there are many; yet the fact remains at its root> some Atheist and Theist go after each other with reckless abandon and faithful committment, with no end in sight. One of the hallmarks of lust, is that its persistant: as well as dedicated. In one sense, Atheist and Theist lust after each other; of course I am not referring to sexual lust, but predator after prey lust. We are targeting each other for sure, and often discussion boards can be the killing feilds.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:19 PM

Theist and Atheist lust after each other so much, its like listening to a married couple arguing and fighting. Obviously needing each other, they play the game of " Falling out of love;" all the while exibiting just how much they cannot do without each other.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:29 PM

Atheist obsession with religion borderlines a religion itself; and Theist damnation of Atheism simply is another type of Atheism.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Atheist obsession with religion borderlines a religion itself; and Theist damnation of Atheism simply is another type of Atheism.
Micki, is there ANY observation or subject that you can't get totally bollixed up?

Old 10-19-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Micki, is there ANY observation or subject that you can't get totally bollixed up?

Atheist obsession with religion has the same oxygen and nutrition that a religion has, the same motivating mechanisms that move men to dedication and committment.

Religion requires the same things Atheism does in many areas, and Atheism requires religion to even exist.

And Theist damnation of Atheist is simply another form of Atheism, because God does not damn anyone, so damnation in any form is simply a denial of Gods ways and means.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:33 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
You see it as perfectly normal to wash your hands to prevent the spread of germs.
You see it as perfectly normal to practice safe food handling in preparing your meals.
You see it as perfectly normal to protect yourself from disease by vaccines.
You see it as perfectly normal to wear a seat-belt when driving, and drive defensively in an effort to keep yourself and family safe.
You see it as perfectly normal to install and maintain smoke and CO detectors in your home to warn you of danger.

As an atheist, we also practice the above in an effort to remain healthy and whole.

We also recognize that religion is the greatest threat to society, and our personal freedoms, and since there is not a vaccine against this threat, we at least try to bring it to peoples attention.

I care less about any religion that doesn't represent a threat to me or society, but all the mainstream are clearly a threat, a proven clear and present danger, through the fear and ignorance they teach and promote.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You see it as perfectly normal to wash your hands to prevent the spread of germs.
You see it as perfectly normal to practice safe food handling in preparing your meals.
You see it as perfectly normal to protect yourself from disease by vaccines.
You see it as perfectly normal to wear a seat-belt when driving, and drive defensively in an effort to keep yourself and family safe.
You see it as perfectly normal to install and maintain smoke and CO detectors in your home to warn you of danger.

As an atheist, we also practice the above in an effort to remain healthy and whole.

We also recognize that religion is the greatest threat to society, and our personal freedoms, and since there is not a vaccine against this threat, we at least try to bring it to peoples attention.

I care less about any religion that doesn't represent a threat to me or society, but all the mainstream are clearly a threat, a proven clear and present danger, through the fear and ignorance they teach and promote.

Sounds just like a religious agenda to me, for sure.

Bringing it to peoples attention; equals evangelization.

Going against the mainstream; equals group dedication.

Reconization of global threats; equals most prophecy.

A " Practcing Atheist", equals a practicing Theist, both are a committed motivation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality