Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 10:43 AM

27,558 posts, read 28,652,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The probability of life existing outside of our universe has already been addressed in the bible; it does exist! It exist by the power of the God who created our lives and our universe. Theist have already discovered that question, Atheist simply do not believe in life outside of our universe - unless its a form of life that science can discover and explain; in this manner the bible is far more advanced than the capability of science.
So you're saying that the Bible is far more advanced than science because the people who wrote the Bible invented all kinds of wild, imaginary things which don't exist?

Old 04-21-2012, 11:58 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
the bible never mentioned anything outside the universe only the religious mention life outside the universe. and of course you don't have any evidence of anything outside the universe. the universe is defined as everything that exists.

You need to study the bible more, John 1st chapter begins outside of the universe. As does many verses to those who are aware of them. And I have enough evidence to satisfy me.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:05 PM

1,973 posts, read 1,938,423 times
Quote:
You need to study the bible more, John 1st chapter begins outside of the universe. As does many verses to those who are aware of them. And I have enough evidence to satisfy me.

I am familiar with the bible there is nothing in it that mentioned anything outside the universe. The universe is defined is that total of everything that exists the bible MENTIONS NOTHING about the universe and anything outside it seems like you are not familiar with your own bible and no you have not presented any evidence using the bible as evidence is circular logic

Old 04-21-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So you're saying that the Bible is far more advanced than science because the people who wrote the Bible invented all kinds of wild, imaginary things which don't exist?

The bible is more advanced than science in these areas; morality, spiritual knowledge, future technology- future knowledge - all things future tense noi matter what subject you name.

The bible has lasted and will outlast science; and you will see this with your own eyes.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
The bible is more advanced than science in these areas; morality, spiritual knowledge, future technology- future knowledge - all things future tense noi matter what subject you name.

The bible has lasted and will outlast science; and you will see this with your own eyes.

morality

The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

[SIZE=4]Laws of Rape[/SIZE] (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

[SIZE=4]5) Death to the Rape Victim[/SIZE] (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

[SIZE=4]Rape of Female Captives[/SIZE] (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

This is psychopathy not morality

examples of science according to the bible:

1. The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. In Genesis, the earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. The order of events known from science is just the opposite. 1:1-2:3
  2. God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them? 1:3-5
Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

God makes two lights: "the greater light [the sun] to rule the day, and the lesser light [the moon] to rule the night." But the moon is not a light, but only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky? 1:16

1. Leviticus
  2. The bible says that hares and coneys are unclean because they "chew the cud" but do not part the hoof. But hares and coneys are not ruminants and they do not "chew the cud." 11:5-6
  3. Bats are birds to the biblical God. 11:13, 19
  4. Four-legged fowls are abominations. 11:20
  5. Be sure to watch out for those "other flying creeping things which have four feet." (I wish God wouldn't get so technical!) I guess he must mean four-legged insects. You'd think that since God made the insects, and so many of them (at least several million species), that he would know how many legs they have! 11:23
  6. God's law for lepers: Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly off. Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe. Repeat. Finally kill a couple doves and offer one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. 14:2-52
This is Bronze age superstitions not science

Old 04-21-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung;[I
"[/i]

This is psychopathy not morality

This is Bronze age superstitions not science

Allow me to let you in on a little secret; I prefer the psychopathy of the bible to the sanity of humanity.

In my view, the insanity in the bible is destined to take over the rule of this world from Theist. A new age of the Theist will ensue.

And the bible will be the lead book in this new era.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Allow me to let you in on a little secret; I prefer the psychopathy of the bible to the sanity of humanity.

In my view, the insanity in the bible is destined to take over the rule of this world from Theist. A new age of the Theist will ensue.

ding ding ding ding ding ding congratulations you are an admitted psychopath who have no problem with the bible that

forces rape victim to marry thier attackers

advocate the owning of other human beings as property

the killing of non-believers

mass genocide and abducting of virgins to be used as sex slaves

etc

Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 PM

27,558 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:

The Bible is a book of mythology, Mickiel. Exactly like Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Hindu, Norse, Teutonic, Aztec, etc., mythology.

Just that in the Bible's case it's Judeo-Christian mythology.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
ding ding ding ding ding ding congratulations you are an admitted psychopath who have no problem with the bible that

forces rape victim to marry thier attackers

advocate the owning of other human beings as property

the killing of non-believers

mass genocide and abducting of virgins to be used as sex slaves

etc

And from all that and more, our destiny is made secure in the book; and I believe it. We all were destined to experience all those, its Anthropic and could be done in no other manner; and more of the above is destined to come. The bible is a goldmine of events that cannot be altered, stopped or changed.

Such is the power in the book.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The Bible is a book of mythology, Mickiel. Exactly like Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Hindu, Norse, Teutonic, Aztec, etc., mythology.

Just that in the Bible's case it's Judeo-Christian mythology.

Nowhere even near " Exactly", the myths in the bible are far different than other myths;

Because God started these myths, and hes using each one of them in his incredible evolutionary Anthropic power!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality