Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 01:55 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieE View Post
If we were made suitable for water why do 2 people drown every minute? I would say that shows that we were made unsuitable for water, otherwise we wouldn't drown in it, don't you think?

No, I disagree with you. Humans have mastered this earth, and were made to rule over it.

For now; and thats another proof of God.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:56 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieE View Post
.....don't you think?
Not often!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 PM

Failure is an underground proof of God. Often I debate with other and they tell me I have " failed to prove anything." You can grow up wanting to please your parents and prove yourself to them, and when you don't, you can often feel as if you have failed them. That is personal, but its a very real dynamic that exist between some parents and their children. And it certainly exist between God and some believers; the believer is investing their all in pleasing God, and at times they simply fail to do that; its an intense, very real feeling; hard to explain to someone who has not experienced belief, and trying to please your maker. A maker with very high standards.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:10 PM

267 posts, read 216,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Failure is an underground proof of God. Often I debate with other and they tell me I have " failed to prove anything." You can grow up wanting to please your parents and prove yourself to them, and when you don't, you can often feel as if you have failed them. That is personal, but its a very real dynamic that exist between some parents and their children. And it certainly exist between God and some believers; the believer is investing their all in pleasing God, and at times they simply fail to do that; its an intense, very real feeling; hard to explain to someone who has not experienced belief, and trying to please your maker. A maker with very high standards.
Another one who KNOWS what his creators standards are. Just what EXACTLY are the standards of an infinite omnipotent entity?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
Another one who KNOWS what his creators standards are. Just what EXACTLY are the standards of an infinite omnipotent entity?

Don't take my word for it, read the bible for yourself. Its a good read.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:44 PM

267 posts, read 216,478 times
Quote:
Don't take my word for it, read the bible for yourself. Its a good read.
Wait, are you claiming that the EXACT standards of an infinite omnipotent entity are contained in an ancient book?

Old 06-20-2012, 04:13 AM

258 posts, read 207,473 times
Quote:
In other words, a believer is a person who never grew up but spends his whole life trying to please his parent(s)?

Old 06-20-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
Wait, are you claiming that the EXACT standards of an infinite omnipotent entity are contained in an ancient book?

Well not all of his standards, but enough of them; and I believe the bible is that book; I don't think we realize how fortunate we are to have the bible, in spite of its mistranslations and the awful interpretations of it that men have published.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:08 PM

Men couldn't even know the laws of existence until God gave Adam consciousness; mans awareness of them began then. Primordial men neither knew them, or even why they existed.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:16 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Quote:
Quote:
I think we have done quite well without gills. Show me where not having gills has limited man.
Actually, Mickiel, we did have gills at one point. Obviously. without them, we'd not have made it to being a land-based mammal, so we/you would not be here at all! This is now so easily shown with modern DNA genome mapping that you have obviously and conspicuously avoided learning ANYTHING about. That's all far too sad, and too stubbornly intransigent.

Else, fact is, we'd not be here in the transitional forms we now temporarily inhabit (see: Cro-Magnon, Neanderthals, chimp offspring and other predecessors, which, so sorry old chap, even you, the Great Pretender, cannot deny existed in far more primitive stages (well, yeah, you can and will deny it, but you also have no basis in fact, and tend to grossly ignore established and documented facts... ho hum...).

Also, it's an established fact that this earth did, in fact, exist in primoridal times as, variously, a near-molten ball with very hot and uninhabitable volcanic activity, then a largely oceanic planet with an entirely different distribution of water and land, then as a far warmer, and later, a far colder, planet (early high-oxygen-and CO2 content atmosphere where jungle[type environs and dinosaurs happily existed, and later, several ice ages. You want to fight those facts? Tell me how, and where you get your astoundingly un-informed information from. As we like to say: Links please!)

But also, explain how penguins exist down in the very cold Antarctic (far more than just a few degrees different than the global averages), with no special clothes, and how so many new multi-celled organisms have been discovered in the last 2 years in the frigid waters of both the Antarctic and Arctic? If, as you assure us, life on this planet would die off if any of those supposed magic and absolute constants were altered by just a bit? You mean, of course, the human animal, don't you?

Well, there yah go, being super-arrogant about the purpose of life on this planet. As if it's all about US. Now if things had been significantly different, some other more adapted life form would dominate!

So, yup; perhaps we'd not have evolved to be here as we are now, but then again, we are HARDLY the end-all and be-all here, now are we? (Except to über-arrogant Christians, who place us above all "the lesser animals" How utterly chauvinistic of you all!) We're just one more transient species, so sorry to inform little old insignificant you!

Man is, in fact, nothing but a destructive and arrogant but poorly educated parasite here on the planet, whose only success to date is in ruining the eco-system at an alarmingly increasing rate.

The idea that your faker wooden God icon designed and created a planet just for us is so easily disproved!! It's only been in the past several millennia that we could even hope to have survived in our natural (naked) state. Otherwise, our native evolved intelligence has allowed us, even in the short time since you were born, to adapt. (See: Gore-Tex, metal alloys, space travel, electronics, lasers, weapons of war, synthetic goose down, styrofoam insulation, solar panels and convection heating systems, and so on. No help from God required not necessary to allow us to make ut here!)

As well, when we do migrate out to the moon and on to Mars and eventually to other habitable planets, we'll do it by creating suitable "false" ecologies, again absent your fantasy God.

Get real Mickiel! There is absolutely NO such thing as a "perfect planet design" here, only the highly transient one we've evolved to fit. For now. That's how it works, and is rather easily demonstrated to be exactly so by that very evolutionary process! Other fantasies are just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality