Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:48 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,664,043 times

Advertisements

We are all atheists...some of us just believe in ONE LESS god than the rest of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 09:13 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,404,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
I couldn't see how that could be possible! we will never understand how Jesus (GOD) came into existents! Until we "mankind" ALL! stand before him!
(Flesh gives birth to Flesh! And Spirit gives birth to spirit!)

And you are right! GOD doesn't send anyone to hell, to my knowledge there isn't any recording in the "word" that he created a place of punishment and torture! " Few "
Jesus supposedly came into existance when his mum and dad got busy one night. Nine months later, his mum birthed him. Supposedly, there is a certain lack of credible evidence for a historical Jesus after all.

As for your god creating hell...

Mathew 5:22-29-20 10:28 18:9 28:15-33
Mark 9:43-45-47
Luke 12:5 16:23
James 3:6
2 Peter 2:4

All mentions your hell.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,418,388 times
There are 3 choices.

1) Zero gods. This is my gut instinct

2) How many people have ever lived? That is also an acceptable answer if you include imaginary friends.

3) 42. No particular reason, that is just always an acceptable answer...

Old 07-28-2009, 10:34 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,404,259 times
Moderator cut:

Orphaned

Since the bible is proven wrong too many times to offer as self suporting evidence, show us some NON-BIBLICAL proof of a historical Jesus Christ.

And before you go wizzing off to google...

Mentions in Josepheus' writtings are a fraud added much later. The grammatical errors, as well as mislabeling Roman Legion titles, match perfectly with much later writting by Christian scholors.

Tacticus is also out, a Greek Historian who lived centuries after your Christ is said to have lived, who merely mentions a cult devoted to "Christus" and named after that god as well.

So, time to put your money where your mouth is.

Should I bother waiting up?

Last edited by june 7th; 07-29-2009 at 04:28 AM..

Old 07-29-2009, 07:54 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,181,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
There's only one God
::glances over at Loki, Athena, the Morrigan and Kali::

Boy is he in for a surprise.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
HAHA, my sentiments exactly. I knew without a doubt, that as soon as I read the OP, there were going to be Christians telling him the only God is the Christian one and/or Jesus. Maybe I should go into the psychic business.

Anyway, in response to the OP, there is a religion of Persian origin called Ba'hai.(sp?) From my understanding, it is an acceptance religion of all faiths. I don't know much about it, except that seems to be the general principle of it all.

Baha'i is intended to be an improvement on Islam, which sees itself as an improvement on Christianity, which sees itself as the fulfillment of Judaism, which considers itself a new and improved covenant with the Semitic Pagan population.

There are some nice bits of window dressing (though the Baha'i hierarchy is still relatively sexist). Aside from that, though, it's still the Abrahamic god, who poses a number of problems, not the least of which is that he acknowledges in several places that there are other gods, but he'll be royally ticked if you talk to them, and he's quite fond of things like smiting and sending bears to eat naughty children.

Personally, If I want jealousy, violence, and a crappy attitude toward women, I can hang out with Ted-Bob down at the truck stop, or listen to the urban music station.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:03 AM

83 posts, read 217,952 times
Mormons believe in God the father, Jesus the son, and the Holy Ghost. 3 personages. Not the same person /being.

Lord Jesus Christ, "the great Jehovah of the Old Testament, the Creator under the direction of His Father."

Old 07-29-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymember View Post
whatever a person worships it is a god for her/himm. Money, family, sun moon, snakes, cows, you name it .But of course there is one and only one true God. The God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.
Why "but of course"? Because your book says so?

::holds up book::

Gee, mine uses the plural form of the word. Guess we;re at an impasse.

(Points to anyone who can identify this quote from it: "Gods don't like people not doing much work. People who aren't busy all the time might start to think.")

Old 07-29-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I find it funny you hate something I can tell you know nothing about.
Most people find it far easier to hate things they're ignorant of.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
You tell me: Is it possible to have 2 gods that claim to be exclusive?
It's possible to have two boyfriends to claim to be exclusive. One would assume Gods could manage pretty much anything a simple boyfriend could.

More to the point, though, which two Gods claim exclusivity? All YHWH said is he wants to be the one and only, not that he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality