Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 03:10 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I believe that tolerance is very possible, but I don't define "tolerance" as meaning "agreement". We can attempt to redefine "disagreement" as much as we like, but it will never mean "unity".
That's fine. Sort of the 'agree to disagree' stance. No problems there.

Quote:
It's not about religion it's about having faith in Jesus Christ and beliving his word's and continuing to repent for sins's all these other gods and religion that hate's one another is all a distraction of the devil to lead more souls to hell
So are you trying to say that religions that hate other religions are the work of the devil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 03:16 PM

59 posts, read 128,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post

So are you trying to say that religions that hate other religions are the work of the devil?
Yes Jesus said to love one another not to hate some one because there over religious belive does'int agree with yours you see when there are so many denominations who do love one another and push each other away this is causing division in GOD's knigdom and becomes about GOD but about people's own selfish belive's JESUS said to belive in him his word and to rependt and you will inherit eternal life so all these churches who say different are not of GOD.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:20 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,383,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
Yes Jesus said to love one another not to hate some one because there over religious belive does'int agree with yours you see when there are so many denominations who do love one another and push each other away this is causing division in GOD's knigdom and becomes about GOD but about people's own selfish belive's JESUS said to belive in him his word and to rependt and you will inherit eternal life so all these churches who say different are not of GOD.
Yet you, yourself, call all of Islam a tool of the devil.
That sounds hateful to me.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:41 PM

59 posts, read 128,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Yet you, yourself, call all of Islam a tool of the devil.
That sounds hateful to me.
Yeah i do hate islam because it is pure evil but i do not hate the people decieved by it i hate what the kuran stands for and what is written in it but i love and care for the muslim people and have nothing against them.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah i do hate islam because it is pure evil but i do not hate the people decieved by it.
Fair enough.
Not too many Christians would put it out there like that, but I think you hit the nail on the head regarding how many Christians feel about other faiths.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:55 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
one thing that turns me off about organized religion is that there are so many different religions and churches and they don't seem to accept each other and even compete or badmouth each other. why is this so? i tend to believe in just one higher power but i'm wondering if most people believe in more than one? why is there so much intolerance of other religions? i thought god or jesus was all about love and brotherhood. maybe a good new religion could be based on just being human and not classifying yourself as baptist or evangelical christian or catholic or hindu. maybe all these religions could merge together like the new fad of hybrid designer dog breeding and the new hybrid religion could be called bapduchristolic (or something like that). somebody come up with a new hybrid religion name to make me laugh please!
There are lots of gods: God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to name a few..

Why are there so many denominations of Christianity.. probably because humans are involved and religion is powerful influence. Everyone wants to be right.

I don't belive in more than one god.. but it doesn't make my belief right in your eyes.. just my eyes.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,904 times
Here's the basic, water-down version of the whole 'all paths lead to God deal'-
There are many religions, and even more gods that people belive in (Hindu has several million, for example). The whole aggree-to-disaggree thing is the best that any person who is grounded in their religion is going to come.

Sure enough, Christians arn't going to like the Muslem religion, and Muslems arn't going to bow down and worship the Jewish God. None of the above are going to pray to a statue of a hindu diety, and nobody of any of the above groups are readily going to move into the new-age 'spiritual' movement. At least, not those who are devoted to their respective faiths.

Personally, I am a Christian, and will do my best to get everyone into my religion as I can do in my lifetime, because of my core belief that those who do not accept Christ will suffer for their sins when they leave this life. Certainly, any religion that believes in converts will accept that being tolerant of the people is the only way to bring people in. Also, I would like to point out the teachings of christanity are far more accepting then in other religions (like, for example, where if a christian were to leave the church, we arn't called to kill them or to act like they are dead, but instead to try to win them back).

Anyways, this was written in haste, as I have limited compy time at the moment. Despite spelling and other errors, I hope that this helps.

-Kenai

Old 09-18-2007, 03:59 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,604 times
Quote:
Yeah i do hate islam because it is pure evil but i do not hate the people decieved by it
Well, I'm sure they're quite pleased to hear that.

Well once again, this answers the OP. You can't have tolerance like this. Imagine two believers of different faiths passing each other on the street...

Greetings! Know that I don't hate you but I hate your holy book and your religion since it's the work of the devil.
- Salutations! Know that I understand you are confused and just a victim of satan and that as long as you follow your false belief you will go to hell.
Have a nice day!
- Right back at ya!

Yeah, that'll work.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:03 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times
Quote:
Yeah i do hate islam because it is pure evil but i do not hate the people decieved by it i hate what the kuran stands for and what is written in it but i love and care for the muslim people and have nothing against them.
Wow..

Old 09-18-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
Well, I'm sure they're quite pleased to hear that.

Well once again, this answers the OP. You can't have tolerance like this. Imagine two believers of different faiths passing each other on the street...

Greetings! Know that I don't hate you but I hate your holy book and your religion since it's the work of the devil.
- Salutations! Know that I understand you are confused and just a victim of satan and that as long as you follow your false belief you will go to hell.
Have a nice day!
- Right back at ya!

Yeah, that'll work.
God, I wish I could give you rep for this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality