Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 06:40 AM

179 posts, read 333,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by ikester7579
That is not my problem. Do you see me running that site?
On the other hand I can site many Christians who preached hate, or to fear anything which they do not see as Christian.
So hate justifies hate?

Quote:
What hate? For all I know they might be right. I mean if I took Dante's Inferno as gospel people would call me delusional and they would be right.
The problem is that if my country also believed that Dante's Inferno was non-fiction, the world would call it a state-religion. Not that this would stop people from calling me delusional.
So why are you delusional?

Quote:
No, believing that people are delusional is never a reason to eliminate them, unless they pose a direct threat to your life.
But we do not pose a direct threat to that RRS site. They just want to kill us for the hell of it, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
I don't get your points ikester7579. It's been said numerous times that you don't need religion for bad things, just that religion often is behind bad things. You seem to want to ignore this and keep saying things that show this like being cheeky and asking where's the christian who runs RRS.
Religion is man's doing. What man claims to be is not always what he is.

Quote:
Second, to your point of their hatred, what exactly do you find objectionable? You find their opinion that belief is delusional? Alright, so answer me this then: if christianity is about peace and love and doesn't foster any hate, why must the members of RRS have to keep their identities secret, the location of their broadcasts secret, and why do they receive such vitriolic emails containing death threats and hopes that they'll die peppered with language that ABC had to bleep? What they do is express an opinion. They don't wish harm on anyone, they don't swear at anyone, they don't call for their members to hurt anyone, yet look at the responses they get from religious people, mostly christians.
They insite the hate just as Mr Phelps does. As God's word says: You reap what you have sown. Do you not think that Hovind does not recieve death threats? I get them from evolutionists who hate me. And they have never met me. Which proves the driving force behind the hate is evolution. Why? What is scientific about hate to kill someone just because they disagree? So it points back to the subject being disagreed with.

On a side note:
1) Hitler agreed with evolution. His favorite mechanism was survival of the fittest.
2) He caregorized the Jews as either not evolved enough from animals to validate theisr survival, or
3) He institutionalized them by categorizing them with a mental disorder. Then having them killed with drug overdoses but listing it as a contracted deadly desease.
4) Hitler also burned all bibles, and anything written by jews plus anything about God. Richard Dawkins allowed a thread on his forum that discussed holding bible burning events in front of churches to try and **** off the Christians.

The one thing left to make it just like what Hitler did is to start concentration camps. Dawkins already categorizes all Christians as less than human (same as Hitler), and says we should be removed from society (same as Hitler). And that we all have a mental disorder (same as Hitler). Then allows people to discuss bible burning (same as Hitler).

Now, can you name a Christian organization that comes after athiest-evolutionists in the same manner?

Quote:
Third, which I just touched on, is your comment implying they want to "eliminate" people, theists specifically. This is quite an irrational response you're having. They do not make the claim that they want to do this, they don't advocate it, they don't encourage anyone to harm anyone else and I dare you to find proof that they do. All you've presented is their opinion and then went off on this fearful rant. You're proving my theory about the connection between fear and religious fervor which I either posted earlier in this thread or the mentality of an atheist thread.
I guess you did not listen to the interview link I left where at the end, Brian S. gives a time in which he would like to eliminate all Christians off the face of the earth. He actually uses the word eliminate (end). So don't try and twist what you can't change. I left the evidence, you choose to ignore it. Not my problem.

Quote:
Being from the area, I've naturally had contact with the RRS. Aside from their sponsoring of the Blasphemy Challenge, running ads, making tv appearances and doing their weekly broadcast, they are also involved in charities and trying to set up a Camp Quest in the Philadelphia area. I believe there are a couple more RRS chapters that have formed in other cities which try to do the same things in their communities.
Save the world by killing the Christians. Help us raise the money. LOL. You are blind and do not choose to see what is clearly in front of your face. Anyone who click on that link from the NightLine interview saw what you said does not exist.

Here ya go if you want to see it again. Pay attention to the end when Brian is ask what is goal is.

YouTube - Rational Response Squad On NIGHTLINE

Old 09-23-2007, 07:17 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Quote:
So hate justifies hate?
No.
You do, by asking me if I sympathise with you. Which I don't.
I find most religions delusional but you don't see me mowin’ down people just because they disagree with me or live in a completely different way than I do.
As long as they do not hurt other people I don't care.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
No.
You do, by asking me if I sympathise with you. Which I don't.
I find most religions delusional but you don't see me mowin’ down people just because they disagree with me or live in a completely different way than I do.
As long as they do not hurt other people I don't care.
If they promote other people to do it, which they are doing. What does that say? Maybe because they personally don't do it, it's OK?

I have a feeling they are going to end up in jail before it is over with. someone is going to carry out what they keep pushing. And when it's done, that person will blame them as the motivating factor to what they did. And all the evidence agains them will be right on their website. And on their videos. I wonder how rational they will look when this happens?

Old 09-23-2007, 07:31 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Quote:
someone is going to carry out what they keep pushing.
So?
You will always have people that blame others for their own actions, regardless if this is true or not.
They'll blame it on religion, culture, or the entertainment industry or whatever.
But the truth is that with the exception of children, everyone who is clear of mind is responsible for his or her own actions.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:45 AM

679 posts, read 1,439,679 times
Default Irrational Fear or Willful Disregard of Facts?

I'm sorry to hear you've received death threats for your beliefs. That's truly terrible and in light of that I can understand why you're so fearfully overreacting to Dawkins, Evolution and the RRS, but it doesn't make it excusable.

Is this what you're referring to as "Brian S. gives a time in which he would like to eliminate all Christians off the face of the earth. He actually uses the word eliminate (end)" from the Nightline piece:
How long will this challenge go on?
- Until the end of christianity
Do you have a date on that?
- (Kelly) Ha ha, I wish
- (Brian) No. 200 years maybe?

He's talking about christianity, not christians. He's not calling for the destruction of people but the belief in christianity. There are people here who would like to destroy the acceptance of Evolution, but I have not taken any of their comments to mean they wish to eliminate me or any other adherents to Evolution. Such a response would be irrational on my part, just as yours is in response to the RRS.

If you listen to the whole piece, you'll hear this from Kelly: "Atheists are completely vilified and it's ok, it's actually ok to hate atheists. We're like the last group people overwhelmingly agree it's ok to hate us." A telling response from Brian goes, "If I knew their belief system was flawed and didn't say anything, I'd find that much more disrespectful". I think you need to listen to what they're saying, what they're ACTUALLY saying. I'm not saying you have to agree with them, but you have to at least listen and understand what they're saying. That's just common respect and necessary for their to be an open dialogue on this issue. Perhaps you should write them or chime in during one of their broadcasts with your concerns about them wishing to eliminate you and see what they say.

I also think you need a history lesson. Hitler did not burn all bibles. It's unclear where exactly Hitler stood on christianity since there are just as many quotes by him supporting it as opposing it or just the church, but he knew how to use them and churches knew how to use him. Here's a nice list of his quotes breaking them down into different categories.
The Vatican was in bed with the Nazis to a degree, agreeing to disband the catholic party and dissuade catholics from engaging in political issues the Nazis deemed off limits in exchange for unchallenged control of the education of catholic children. From that agreement in '33 on, parish records were made available to the Nazis for them to deem who was not racially pure enough. They even celebrated his birthday. No catholic was ever excommunicated for their part in the war as a Nazi, btw, except for Goebbels. Why him? He married a protestant.

You should also take a look at this where an atheist suggested on Dawkins' site that they should organize a bible burning event and he was inundated with responses from other atheists telling him how wrong that would be, to which he came around and agreed. I believe this is what you were referring to. What Dawkins' allowed was an idea to be presented and rationally discussed and as you can see, the original poster succumbed to reason and realized he was wrong. This is yet another instance where you're irrational fears are blinding you from seeing what's right in front of you and instead you're seeing everything incorrectly. At least that's what I hope you're doing and not that you're willfully ignoring the facts and misrepresenting them to suit your needs.

Book Burning from wikipedia.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:59 AM

Quote:
So?
You will always have people that blame others for their own actions, regardless if this is true or not.
They'll blame it on religion, culture, or the entertainment industry or whatever.
But the truth is that with the exception of children, everyone who is clear of mind is responsible for his or her own actions.
So?

If a religious organization starts up saying that all atheists should be eliminated in 10 years. Is that ok is someone decides to carry that out on a few?

Sounds like people want another civil type war within a nation to occur. Even the RSS is stating they want an atheist jihad. Is that what you want?

Old 09-25-2007, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
I'm sorry to hear you've received death threats for your beliefs. That's truly terrible and in light of that I can understand why you're so fearfully overreacting to Dawkins, Evolution and the RRS, but it doesn't make it excusable.

Is this what you're referring to as "Brian S. gives a time in which he would like to eliminate all Christians off the face of the earth. He actually uses the word eliminate (end)" from the Nightline piece:
How long will this challenge go on?
- Until the end of christianity
Do you have a date on that?
- (Kelly) Ha ha, I wish
- (Brian) No. 200 years maybe?

He's talking about christianity, not christians. He's not calling for the destruction of people but the belief in christianity. There are people here who would like to destroy the acceptance of Evolution, but I have not taken any of their comments to mean they wish to eliminate me or any other adherents to Evolution. Such a response would be irrational on my part, just as yours is in response to the RRS.
How do you stop Christianity without eliminating Christians? Nice try.

Quote:
If you listen to the whole piece, you'll hear this from Kelly: "Atheists are completely vilified and it's ok, it's actually ok to hate atheists. We're like the last group people overwhelmingly agree it's ok to hate us." A telling response from Brian goes, "If I knew their belief system was flawed and didn't say anything, I'd find that much more disrespectful". I think you need to listen to what they're saying, what they're ACTUALLY saying. I'm not saying you have to agree with them, but you have to at least listen and understand what they're saying. That's just common respect and necessary for their to be an open dialogue on this issue. Perhaps you should write them or chime in during one of their broadcasts with your concerns about them wishing to eliminate you and see what they say.
I have debated many athiests over the years, and have watched many debates as well. They will slip up from time to time, but will never admit to it. So in my opinion, it just a waste of time. Because if one ever really gets mad in a debate, the truth always comes out.

Quote:
I also think you need a history lesson. Hitler did not burn all bibles. It's unclear where exactly Hitler stood on christianity since there are just as many quotes by him supporting it as opposing it or just the church, but he knew how to use them and churches knew how to use him. Here's a nice list of his quotes breaking them down into different categories.
The Vatican was in bed with the Nazis to a degree, agreeing to disband the catholic party and dissuade catholics from engaging in political issues the Nazis deemed off limits in exchange for unchallenged control of the education of catholic children. From that agreement in '33 on, parish records were made available to the Nazis for them to deem who was not racially pure enough. They even celebrated his birthday. No catholic was ever excommunicated for their part in the war as a Nazi, btw, except for Goebbels. Why him? He married a protestant.
I know that the Catholics were in bed with Hitler. I also know that they said a special mass for Hitler's armies before they went to fight. I also know that there are two salutes allowed in the hail Hilter salute. One is the full hand salute, the other is the two finger salute which represented that you are a Catholic Nazi. I also know that there was evidence that the Vatican was trying to help the Nazis with a huge donation in gold. it was supposed to be on a train being delivered to them, when at the same time they had just lost the war. The story goes: The gold was hidden so that the Vatican could save face. And that if this gold could ever be found, it would really hurt the Vatican.

Quote:
You should also take a look at this where an atheist suggested on Dawkins' site that they should organize a bible burning event and he was inundated with responses from other atheists telling him how wrong that would be, to which he came around and agreed. I believe this is what you were referring to. What Dawkins' allowed was an idea to be presented and rationally discussed and as you can see, the original poster succumbed to reason and realized he was wrong. This is yet another instance where you're irrational fears are blinding you from seeing what's right in front of you and instead you're seeing everything incorrectly. At least that's what I hope you're doing and not that you're willfully ignoring the facts and misrepresenting them to suit your needs.

Book Burning from wikipedia.
I saw it before it was edited. But since I did not make copies of what was said, you'll never believe me about what was there before it was edited. If the forum, and the thread starter had nothing to hide, why edit the thread?

How did I find the thread? It was around the time that Dawkins latest book came out, and several forums were discussing it. So I did a few searches and found the forum. I did not even know Dawkins had one. So I ventured in to see what they were discussing. I even joined. But never posted. Because after I read the book burning thread, I knew it was a forum I wanted no part of.

When I saw the thread, it was several pages long. Several people were trying to get him to change his mind. but a couple liked the idea and wanted to help it do it. Which egged on his thought process in this area. I took and used that thread on my website as an example of how evolutionists wanted to burn books like Hitler did.
Evolutionist's hate.

After doing so, word got back to the forum I did this and the thread was edited.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:36 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
. The same for if I found the Hindu Gods or the Greek or Roman Gods. If I believed in a God, I'd still have to "pick" the right one. Because we are culturally inclined in America to believe in the Christian God does that make him the right god?

culturally inclined to do so as well.

To look at it from a completely unbiased view it seems that everyone believes they have picked the right god. Well, certainly, that means that the majority of people on Earth will have failed and chosen the wrong God if he indeed existed. So why is it necessary for people to feel that they have chosen the right God?

Each holy book explains that the God of that belief is the right one. So the argument that the Bible is the word of God and therefore it is the right one could be said for the Qu'ran as well. It can be said for hundreds of other "holy" books. If each belief system believes that each book was divinely written as the word of God than if God exists, surely only one can still be the right one. I would hate to choose the wrong one, for everything that I have read about Gods tells me that choosing the wrong one is just as perilous as not believing at all. So, really, it wouldn't matter.
Or...Maybe they are all "right." Maybe it is a matter of interpretation.

It seems to me that millions of people, from many, many different cultures, have forever and always pondered the question of "god." It is like a million different peoples pointing at something.

Perhaps it is only the pointing that one can say exists with any certainty...

???

While taking gentle care!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:15 AM

679 posts, read 1,439,679 times
Quote:
How do you stop Christianity without eliminating Christians? Nice try.
If you're so wrapped up in this fear that you can only see this as a call for genocide then I feel sorry for you and hope that you seek help. It's quite obvious what he means but saying again and again that he's wants to put an end to the belief in it and not the people themselves is something you can't hear so I'll just repeat it every time you claim otherwise for the sake of the others reading along.

As for the bible burning thread, yeah, I'm not surprised that there were some numbnuts who wanted to do it. I'm also not surprised that there are religious numbnuts who threaten people like Bryan. There are plenty of numbnuts in the world. Let me ask you though, what is it about Evolution that you think produces this alleged hatred? I'm curious. You keep making these claims that Evolutionists and Atheists are out to get you, but I'm curious what you think it is about Evolution or Atheism that causes it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality