Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,155,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Thank you. You just proved my point.

Even if God gloriously came and revealed Himself with miracles, signs and wonders to you, later generations would just say it never happened.
And if God gloriously came and revealed himself with miracles, signs and wonders to you, but it turned out he was NOT your Biblical god (which is the likely case in fact), you and your brainwashed brethren would likely conclude he was a false god or an act of Satan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 03:11 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,929,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
And if God gloriously came and revealed himself with miracles, signs and wonders to you, but it turned out he was NOT your Biblical god (which is the likely case in fact), you and your brainwashed brethren would likely conclude he was a false god or an act of Satan.
Well, there is one coming that will be claiming he is God and will be deceiving many with signs and miracles. But Christ is going to come back and cut him off. So, yes, we brainwashed ones will conclude he was a false God and an act of Satan.

By the way, everyone should get brainwashed because as dirty as our brains get they need a good washing every now and then.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
But for the most part they all believe God is going to eventually save all mankind due to what Christ did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Isn't that the point of it all though?
Indeed it is the point of it all.

God created the universe then created every being in that universe for them to experience what true love is all about, for them to learn the knowledge of good and evil. The universe was not created just for there to be a universe.

So, to discuss the concept of a creator, we must include the word "God" in it.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:05 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,200,962 times
Quote:
Well, there is one coming that will be claiming he is God and will be deceiving many with signs and miracles. But Christ is going to come back and cut him off. So, yes, we brainwashed ones will conclude he was a false God and an act of Satan.

By the way, everyone should get brainwashed because as dirty as our brains get they need a good washing every now and then.
You really do not think this stuff through do you?

With all the dire warnings of an imaginary a/c, why pray would atheists follow or bow down to him? If anyone is gonna do miracles, we sceptics are going to be the least of the populace that will buy into it. We do not believe in magic, satan, godz or any phenomenon. IF this were remotely true, it would be the woos that will fall for this. Just look at your last great hero, Todd Bentley. Were there any atheists in attendance of that "great profit of teh lawd"? Nope, just woos.

All your deer leeders heralded him as the real Mac Coy till he did the dirty with his secretary then they threw him under the bus. How embarrassing for folk said to have the hs guidance to be duped by one of their own?

We atheists will just be drinking beer and eating popcorn watching you lot scramble for any remote chance or evidence of your imaginary friend; we know there is no god and no possible rise of an a/c or return of any christ, we do not look for signs and wonders, it is you lot that do.

The concept that we atheists will be duped into being conscripted to deny you lot your imaginary friends by joining some satantic army is laughable. We would never deny you your imaginary friends as that would mean our stand up comics would have to write their own material, we have to have something to laugh at and really you cannot make this stuff up.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:16 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,597,187 times
Quote:

There is a difference between the sort of brainwashing that is a flood sluicing out the Augean stables and a deluge washing all the books out of a science library. Leaving a bunch of nuts all competing to refill the shelves with their own favourite cult -books.

Depends whether one thinks science or Myth is refuse.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
You really do not think this stuff through do you?

With all the dire warnings of an imaginary a/c, why pray would atheists follow or bow down to him? If anyone is gonna do miracles, we sceptics are going to be the least of the populace that will buy into it. We do not believe in magic, satan, godz or any phenomenon. IF this were remotely true, it would be the woos that will fall for this. Just look at your last great hero, Todd Bentley. Were there any atheists in attendance of that "great profit of teh lawd"? Nope, just woos.
I never said atheists would follow or bow down to him.

Quote:
All your deer leeders heralded him as the real Mac Coy till he did the dirty with his secretary then they threw him under the bus. How embarrassing for folk said to have the hs guidance to be duped by one of their own?
I don't know who Todd Bentley is. Never heard of him. The religious leaders you speak of are not mine. I'm not into those kind of "church" things.

Quote:
We atheists will just be drinking beer and eating popcorn watching you lot scramble for any remote chance or evidence of your imaginary friend; we know there is no god and no possible rise of an a/c or return of any christ, we do not look for signs and wonders, it is you lot that do.
Wow, your faith is strong!

You wrote: "It is you lot . . . ." You mean ". . . your lot . . . ."?

So you know there is no God. Yet you can't empirically prove there is no God. O . . . . . K . . . . . You sure pursuaded me!

Quote:
The concept that we atheists will be duped into being conscripted to deny you lot your imaginary friends by joining some satantic army is laughable.
Is your 'R' key stuck? You wrote: ". . . to deny you lot your imaginary friends" is not understandable. What language is that?

Quote:
We would never deny you your imaginary friends as that would mean our stand up comics would have to write their own material, we have to have something to laugh at and really you cannot make this stuff up.
Man, are you drunk?

Old 05-09-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
There is a difference between the sort of brainwashing that is a flood sluicing out the Augean stables and a deluge washing all the books out of a science library. Leaving a bunch of nuts all competing to refill the shelves with their own favourite cult -books.

Depends whether one thinks science or Myth is refuse.
Personally I love science. But since people coming from a fish which grew legs and arms and turned into a chimp which turned into a humanoid, well, that isn't reallly science. It is incredulous.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:37 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,200,962 times
Quote:
I never said atheists would follow or bow down to him.

I don't know who Todd Bentley is. Never heard of him. The religious leaders you speak of are not mine. I'm not into those kind of "church" things.
He is one of your ilk
Quote:

Wow, your faith is strong!

You wrote: "It is you lot . . . ." You mean ". . . your lot . . . ."?
No I speak Brit English not American woo, you lot is as correct as your lot but your is more specific to a person not a group.

Lurn sum reel eengreesh gandma
Quote:

So you know there is no God. Yet you can't empirically prove there is no God. O . . . . . K . . . . . You sure pursuaded me!
My proof is that theists have never been unable to provide one shred of evidence. Your god however is real. He resides between your ears in a thing called your brain.
Quote:
Man, are you drunk?
I don't drink any more insults?

BTW you are the last person on this forum to point to grammar or spelling, yours really sucks, but when the grandma polease come out then we know the opponent as usual has squat.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 AM

I don't know what you mean by "grandma." I am neither a grandma nor a grandpa; a man, yes.

Todd Bentley is not one of my ilk.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:00 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,612,383 times
Quote:
Personally I love science. But since people coming from a fish which grew legs and arms and turned into a chimp which turned into a humanoid, well, that isn't reallly science. It is incredulous.
A billion years is a long, long, long time. A lot of incredulous things can, do, and will happen over that kind of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality