Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Good post. How did the single celled amoeba even know what an eye and all the ocular parts pertaining to it along with the nerves from it and a brain to interpret what the eye sees and turn it right-side-up in the brain? How did the amoeba know what a kidney is, a heart, a liver, pancreas, epidermis, hair, etc. etc. etc. all working together at the same time? I could go on and on. Truly it took a Creator to make it all work. Also, if evolution is true, how did so many millions of different animals appear all at once? Did all those amoebas figure out how to make all those millions and all of a sudden they put their little brains together and created them all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by distraff View Post
Evolution does not work by organisms deciding to evolve. They work by natural selection and mutations....Natural selection and mutations.
Quote:
How did millions of different species of bugs, birds, and all kinds of animals burst onto the scene all at once? How does natural selection work with that?...
My dear chap! Can we dare to hope that at least you have finally taken on board the answer to your first idiotic question? It would not be other than long overdue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 04:30 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
My dear chap! Can we dare to hope that at least you have finally taken on board the answer to your first idiotic question? It would not be other than long overdue.
The only way it could occur is a sudden creation by a Divine, all powerful Being.

By the way, just because you say the question is idiotic does not mean it really was. It is just that it upsets atheists when someone smears the evolutionist's face into their own doodoo.

Evolution is nothing but voodoo science.

The Cambrian fossil record proves a sudden explosion of animals on the scene. It contradicts the neo-Darwinism.

“A growing number of respectable scientists are defecting from the
evolutionist camp...moreover; for the most part these “experts” have
abandoned Darwinism, not on the basis of religious faith or biblical
persuasions, but on strictly scientific grounds, and in some instances,
regretfully.”
—Dr. Wolfgang Smith, physicist and mathematician

Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Vadoma people

So does god have ten or four toes?

How did this happen - no it is not a photoshop - it is real I have seen it with my own eyes as they come from region where I was born Livingstone

I keep posting this and no creationist ever explains why this happened. Cat got your tongue?
It's not evolution but is an isolated group of people who are inbred. Physical problems also occur in some of the secluded Appalachian peoples where the inbreeding causes problems. That is why there are laws, at least in the United States where one is not allowed to marry their sister or brother or a close niece of nephew.

Some scientists believe the Neanderthals were not a more ancient group of people after the flood but were isolated and inbred and looked goofy as all get out in relation to the rest of the civilized peoples back then so they were wiped out.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:37 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
The only way it could occur is a sudden creation by a Divine, all powerful Being.

By the way, just because you say the question is idiotic does not mean it really was. It is just that it upsets atheists when someone smears the evolutionist's face into their own doodoo.

The Cambrian fossil record proves a sudden explosion of animals on the scene. It contradicts the neo-Darwinism.

regretfully.”
Good grief, get an education...The Cambrian period lasted for more than 50 million years, not exactly sudden....How suddenly did life poof into existence in your creation myth....You need to stop playing "let's pretend".

Old 05-11-2012, 04:43 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
This chart falls on contrived speculations and demonstrated deliberate frauds.

Back to how the simple cell could never have evolved. More mere speculation. Good story for children's Star Trek Science fiction comic books. Not good for their textbooks.
Oh, for the love of Mike...

Old 05-11-2012, 05:04 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times
Quote:

regretfully.”
We shall see which theory prevails. If the best that creationism can produce are your idiotic misrepresentation of natural selection (amoebas getting together to decide the best way forwards...really ) and your idiotic misunderstanding of the cambrian explosion (if that's what you were referring to (1) I'd say that the debate is only being perpetuated by the religious side inspired to idiocy by blind Faith in Creation.

(1)- there have been several of these evolutionary 'explosions' such as the dinosaur explosion after the triassic extinction and the mammalian explosion after the Creataceous extinction - nothing to do with God going 'poof' and waving a magic wand.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:14 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times
Default Predictable nonsense in place of reasoned thinking. Won't work; so sorry!

Quote:
What came first - the protein needed to make the DNA/ information or the information required to make the protein.

Not to mention cell membrane to prevent cell lysis which consists of proteins, phospholipids (requiring fat synthesizes accomplished by smooth endoplasmic reticulum which in itself is extremely complex).

It's all FANTASY. A dangerous Religion which historically has led to Genocide.
You predictably take a complex end-product of millions of years of trial and error Evolution, and with great fanfare consisting of your own incredulity, proclaim the nonsense above: to wit, that it has led to genocide.

Links please. Meantime, of course, you'll deny (or openly ignore...) The Spanish Inquisition, the organized and governmental crucifixion of your own savior, the mass murder of so many under the Euro church's pogroms against literally anyone who thought badly of The Holy Church, and so on. Right up to the righteous Pedophilia of today's Holy RC Church.

Quote:
How did millions of different species of bugs, birds, and all kinds of animals burst onto the scene all at once? How does natural selection work with that?

Natural selection does not make a man out of a fish. That would be unnatural selection. Fish make fish. Humans make humans. Chimps make chimps. Elephants make elephants.

I watched scientist on t.v. describe how fish grew arms and legs and climbed out of the water and eventually shed their swim suit and grew hair and turned into chimpanzees and those chimps turned into humans. Really. I'm not making this up. I recorded it. They should relinquish their title of "scientist." They are anything but.
The vast over-reach of such statements only confirms your huge illiteracy. (BTW, are these the same "millions of species of bugs, birds and all kind of animals [not to mention plants...] that your buddy Noah had to cram, in multiples of several hundred, minimum of each, and paired where sexually required, onto that undersized and ill-prepared windowless barge? Just curious you understand, where the outright lunacy and incredibility of fundamentalist Christianity starts and ends...)

Neither could your mythical and imaginary God have made the entire universe in one day! And then, in vast amazement in His own accomplishment, proclaim it upon viewing it for the first time "to be good!" As in "Oh goody! I actually did it! I'm so amazing. Wasn't sure if I could, but apparently yes, I did! I'm so durned wonderful! Thus I proclaim it to be "done"!!

And yet, it so very obviously is NOT yet done (See Hubble's findings of an expanding (thus "evolving") universe, the ongoing generational plus contemporaneous erosional geology of this planet, and the current production of all-new solar systems, plus the concurrent and witnessed super-nova deaths of star systems.

Quote:
Imagined speculation. That's all Evolution Theology is riding on.
Such a patently mindless dismissal of all the obvious processes around us. You truly are stuck in your immature denialism.

I challenge you, as I have the Big-Bloviator Eusebius (but so far, he's categorically refused to thereby be shown up both in his hugely inadequate education & knowledge, as well as in his own common-sense thinking! He just did a big "No, you show ME!! Nyah-Nyah!" response.

Wow! How compelling, similar to your erstwhile blurtations here. And all without any technical or logical merit, but blurted out nonetheless, as if THAT were a valid debating technique!

Also known in the Christian bully-playground as "I know you are, but what am I?" approach to valid debating and discussion amongst adult participants!

Quote:
This chart falls on contrived speculations and demonstrated deliberate frauds.

Back to how the simple cell could never have evolved. More mere speculation. Good story for children's Star Trek Science fiction comic books. Not good for their textbooks.
Oh? Specifically, even in a layman's level of technical detail, and with links to published results, which elements of Evolution are contrived, pray tell? Kindly... elucidate in useful detail which part(s) of Evolution do not work or do not happen, have not been documented over and over and in ever-improving detail, and have failed in the recent experiments of Ventner, Lenski, Kingsley, Pelchel, Blount and Borland, to mention just a few of the technical front-runners.

BTW, as to your reference to textbooks, do indeed watch the next generation of biological textbooks coming soon to a good university book store near you (though I sincerely doubt you'll be perusing any such levels of accepted knowledge any time soon, eh boyz?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmiller View Post
The overarching questionability in evolutionary systems is the inference of the candidate solution. The candidate solution is proposed to be the area in a chain of cells that serve the function of determining the path of mutation of the whole.

what does this have to do with anything? everything, since all actual evolutionary progress stems from the behavior of these cells (hypothetically).

Basically, "natural selection" is dependent on this group of cell's ability to "know" how to mutate.

So, if THIS is true, we literally have reason to suppose evolution on it alone. If not, evolution is an arbitrary blanket proposition.
Wow! Where on earth did you come up with this one, ben m'lad?? Such a silly prediction of pre-determined Evolutionary process, based entirely on the decisions of a group of candidate cells? Demonstrably preposterous on it's face!

I'd love to see this highly speculative hypothesis of yours discussed in detail. First, however, please do provide us all a credible technical explanation ( a link, if you would be so kind..) and the provision of a technical demonstration of such cellular groupings and their ability to "direct" subsequent Evolution. This is pure dismissive denialism, at once both a creative and imaginative invention at it's worst, and drivel at best.

There is no group of cells within any organism that "directs" it's future Evolution in any particular direction or timing! If this were so, how then could an original single celled organism Evolve at all? Where exactly would it's group of candidate determinant cells exist? And why this subterfuge on their parts? Are they ditto under the specific tutelage of your imagined God entity?

Quote:

regretfully.”
Ahh yes: the AiG gang ( or worse: see the *asterisk'd* blog site I've noted below for anyone's even mildly critical review, and it's nonsensical and unsupportable dismissive presentations, herein re-played by our unchallenging and non-critically thinking Big-E...)again and again!

Here's Dr. Smith's notable and up-to-date CV in the rapidly changing fields of Evolutionary biology and Biochemistry. (Note: my highlights in blue, as usual...):

"Smith graduated in 1948 from Cornell University with a B.A. in Philosophy, Physics and Mathematics. Two years later he obtained his M.S. in Physics from Purdue University and, some time later, a Ph.D in Mathematics from Columbia University."

He worked as a physicist in Bell Aircraft corporation, researching aerodynamics and the problem of atmospheric re-entry. He was a mathematics professor at MIT, UCLA and Oregon State University, doing research in the field of differential geometry and publishing in academic journals such as the Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the American Journal of Mathematics, and others. He retired from academic life in 1992."

Hmmm. I must have missed ref'ing his PhD in anything even vaguely biological, biochemical, geological, or Evolutionary! In fact, his entire intellectual approach is based in Traditionalism, defined as follows:

"The term Traditionalist School (whose perspective is generally referred to as Traditionalism or Perennialism) is used... to denote a school of thought based upon a belief in a universal, objective religion."

Please direct me to the link to his studies in some more relevant areas to the question at hand, Big-E. Meantime, you missed my CV in these exact areas. What? "Am I just chopped livah?"

You happily quote such obviously biased and uneducated drivel by a highly biased and notably completely out-of-date academic in unrelated areas (the physics & mathematics of re-entry?) , in support of your rancidly outdated and errant tripe, and yet you openly refuse to participate in any effort to provide us with more direct proofs, proofs which we can in fact produce all day long.

Your trembling fear of the obvious is growing tiresome and repetitive to those who have their mental faculties still intact. Give it up: you've lost, and on an EPIC level. Time and Time Again. Repeatedly. De-Javu, all over again, to quote the obviously far more technically lucid evolutionary scientist Yogi Berra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good grief, get an education...The Cambrian period lasted for more than 50 million years, not exactly sudden....How suddenly did life poof into existence in your creation myth....You need to stop playing "let's pretend".
Exactly, sanspeur. While this (relatively) rapid Evolutionary event is reliably mentioned in all the denialist Christian sites as "contradictory to the mandated long-term requirements of Darwinian Evolution!", it was far from Instant, as you so correctly note.

Conditions were simply "right" for a suitable pre-existing population of organisms ripe for checking out all the potential new niches, plus the positive conditions on earth for such an "explosion". Hardly "instant" however, except in the unthinking eyes and hapless minds of the rabid Creationist mindset.

At this point, however, it's all of no great surprise to me, nor probably to you or any other clear-headed individual not trembling in fear for their eventual mortal salvation.

* In Defense of the Christian Faith: Is Evolution a Scientific Fact?

Last edited by rifleman; 05-11-2012 at 06:30 AM..

Old 05-11-2012, 06:19 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,712,358 times
Quote:
Sure it has.

What came first - the protein needed to make the DNA/ information or the information required to make the protein.
What do you mean by information in this question? In the uses I'm thinking of, it's a way of measuring the arrangement of certain systems, so the information is just another way of describing how the DNA is put together.

Your question is therefore like "which came first, the building or the height needed to make the top floor?" Or "which came first, the race car or the speed needed to make it a winner?". None of these make sense - speed and height aren't physical substances that are added when objects are built, they're just descriptions of what the system is doing. Same with information.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:10 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Good post. How did the single celled amoeba even know what an eye and all the ocular parts pertaining to it along with the nerves from it and a brain to interpret what the eye sees and turn it right-side-up in the brain? How did the amoeba know what a kidney is, a heart, a liver, pancreas, epidermis, hair, etc. etc. etc. all working together at the same time? I could go on and on. Truly it took a Creator to make it all work. Also, if evolution is true, how did so many millions of different animals appear all at once? Did all those amoebas figure out how to make all those millions and all of a sudden they put their little brains together and created them all?
It doesn't happen by an organism deciding anything

See this video on the evolution of the eye

Richard Dawkins demonstrates the evolution of the eye - YouTube

Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:

Focusing on only the flagellum

If all components aren't there, we don't have an operational machine. You put three tires on your chevy truck, it doesn't go 3/4 less better. It doesn't work until all four tires are working.

This evolving is not SCIENCE. It is Science fiction. It is Religion that requires greater FAITH that a Creator designed it for this function. It is the only rationale conclusion.

And we come to this conclusion by using what we observe... Science.

No one would conclude a car came into being without an engineer. It is a rationale conclusion.
A testable hypothesis for the evolution of the flagellum

Evolution of the bacterial flagellum

For those less able to follow the math:

The Flagellum Unspun

Quote:
The most powerful rebuttals to the flagellum story, however, have not come from direct attempts to answer the critics of evolution. Rather, they have emerged from the steady progress of scientific work on the genes and proteins associated with the flagellum and other cellular structures. Such studies have now established that the entire premise by which this molecular machine has been advanced as an argument against evolution is wrong – the bacterial flagellum is not irreducibly complex. As we will see, the flagellum – the supreme example of the power of this new "science of design" – has failed its most basic scientific test. Remember the claim that "any precursor to an irreducibly complex system that is missing a part is by definition nonfunctional?" As the evidence has shown, nature is filled with examples of "precursors" to the flagellum that are indeed "missing a part," and yet are fully-functional. Functional enough, in some cases, to pose a serious threat to human life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality