Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 12:54 PM

7,061 posts, read 12,288,865 times

Advertisements

"We hate the sin, not the sinner" is the popular wording anti-gay Christians love to use. However, a particular pastor in my state is making news for his recent "hate sermon".

A Catawba County pastor’s sermon in which he called for gays and lesbians to be placed in a form of concentration camp has spurred a protest planned at the church this Sunday. A group calling itself Catawba Valley Citizens Against Hate says it plans a peaceful protest Sunday outside Providence Road Baptist Church, an independent Baptist church where Rev. Charles Worley delivered his controversial homily on May 13.
Catawba pastor's anti-gay sermon spurs protest | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Here is a short youtube clip of the sermon...

Uproar over homophobic hate sermon - YouTube

^^^Can't you just feel the love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,787,654 times
That's really disgusting! There really are no words. Horrible.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:01 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,825,843 times
Just plain stupid. Did he ever think how 2 men had a gay child? or 2 lesbians a lesbian...
wwow!

Old 05-22-2012, 01:17 PM

7,571 posts, read 6,039,123 times
Well, as a child, I learned at church that wee are to HATE
Communists
Gays
Black people
Mexicans
The Chinese
The Russians Especially
Anyone who was not a CHristian

I learned about hate in church. Not at home, not at school, at Church.

I speak out against hate now, and I often wave my lack of Christian designation in the face of this church whenever I can. If revenge is sweet, then the Home made tamales that some of my Mexican friends brought me is SWEETER!!!!

Sad though, last year, my son asked his grandmother (who was the religious fanatic baptist when I was growing up0 He askes
Grandma...Do you like people from Mexico?
She paused and said ...well...your daddy does. That was her answer. at least she did not say NO and reinforce her religious hatred onto my kids

I jumped in and said YES I DO and I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS AND KNOW A LOT OF GOOD PEOPLE WHO ARE OF MEXICAN HERITAGE. SO YES I DO LIKE THEM.

that comment Had to be a major Datura stramonium in the collective alimentory orifices of the baptist movement.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:39 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,453,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
^^^Can't you just feel the love?
Probably a coping mechanism to suppress his gay fantasies. Just another gay homophobic hypocrite wrestling with his inner demons. Next time he makes the news it may be for molesting young boys or trolling public restrooms.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:49 PM

2,885 posts, read 5,226,976 times
Not only hateful but dumb too. Homosexuals will die out if we lock them all up 'cause they can't reproduce? How does he think they got here in the first place?

Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM

20,398 posts, read 12,700,658 times
I'm a Christian. I belong to a Southern Baptist church. We would never do anything like this. This is not a Christ-like attitude!

Old 05-22-2012, 02:04 PM

2,885 posts, read 5,226,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Probably a coping mechanism to suppress his gay fantasies. Just another gay homophobic hypocrite wrestling with his inner demons. Next time he makes the news it may be for molesting young boys or trolling public restrooms.
MTE. "Could you imagine kissin' some man" - I'm sure he can

Old 05-22-2012, 02:22 PM

7,571 posts, read 6,039,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'm a Christian. I belong to a Southern Baptist church. We would never do anything like this. This is not a Christ-like attitude!

SEE POST 4
I grew up in a Southern Baptist Church in Texas, and the stories I recount from that time are from members of that congregation, so YES it does happen within the Southern Baptist Movement, at least it did, hate was alive and well when I quit.
And I refuse to be a part of either one, Hate or the Batist movement.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:29 PM

20,398 posts, read 12,700,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
SEE POST 4
I grew up in a Southern Baptist Church in Texas, and the stories I recount from that time are from members of that congregation, so YES it does happen within the Southern Baptist Movement, at least it did, hate was alive and well when I quit.
And I refuse to be a part of either one, Hate or the Batist movement.
Oh, I'm aware. However, keep in mind that Southern Baptist churches are autonomous. What one does is not mandated for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality