Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:37 AM

467 posts, read 467,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Let's try another scenario. It is claimed that a young girl finds water. Word spreads about this nonsense and a few gullible people from the next village pop over to check it out and spend a few Francs whilst they are there. The mayor of Lourdes thinks 'Damn! We could make some money out of this'.

C'mon Dogknob...you're a troll aren't you. Josephus??? Oiy vez!!!
Rafius Thousands of Miracles cannot lie!
A mountain of Crutches tells the truth!
OVER, One hundred and fifty years of Miracles PROVES it is truly from God!

You have to stick your head in the sand to deny this PROOF!
LOGIC ALONE proves you are wrong..
Your words..
Quote:
We could make some money out of this'
You can fool some people but not thousands!
You can do card tricks but NOT grow back whole limbs!
Rafius You can fool some people for a time but for over one hundred and fifty years!

You are forced to deny the proof to continue believing your lie!
PROVING your lie has caught up with you!!

Rafius Just because you WANT to believe something is true does NOT make it so!!
You want to BELIEVE there is NO God, you only have your BELIEF no PROOF!!!!

I KNOW my belief is true I have PROOF!!

Dogknox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
OH Yes it is, because all scripture is inspired by god, and Boxcar inspired me to write that and Boxcar IS God SO therefore what I right is inspired by God and therefore Scripture.
LargeKingCat The Scriptures are only found in the bible!
What you write is NOT scriptures.. So Boxcar is not god!
It is just this simple!

Old 05-26-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Crazy as a coot!!
Rafius you reject my proof!

Okay your turn.. "Prove there is NO God!" Simple request!
I am sure all you will prove is your ignorance, insult will be the best you will do!

You want to BELIEVE in no God!
You still have FAITH in your BELIEF!!
You are a BELIEVER, but can't prove what you believe is true!!

Old 05-26-2012, 10:19 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
Where in the Bible does the Bible say that only the Bible is "scripture"?

Old 05-26-2012, 10:34 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Default Only got to this page before I had to commnt...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Intellectual integrity. It is important to me that what I believe is based on the best evidence and not what makes me feel good. I don't like being fooled and lied to.

I am convinced on lack of evidence that there is no good reason to believe in any kinds of 'god' and am convinced on evidence that the god-claims in the Bible are worthless.

I would be ashamed to believe what is a pack of lies. That is just my reason for why I would prefer NOT to believe in what is false and what I would would consider my loss. I do accept that you probably believe that the evidence is good enough. I know that it isn't.
His decision is entirely subjective, not objective, as in: supported unambiguously and inarguably, based on a preponderance of reproducible evidence. And even better; by his very own duplication of the study that proves it.

Your point about being personally embarrassed to be a part of a greater unthinking cohort is indisputable. As well, to know, in ones heart of hearts, that one has NEVER ventured into a fully and carefully reviewed personal debate or "what if" scenario... what does that say about your own mind and self-discipline?

Not so much, actually, but then,mas always, I know the behavioral basis for such thinking: the absolute here is the terrifying fear of a Salvation-less death, all alone, with no welcoming angels awaiting your arrival @ those Pearly Gates.

Quote:
Quote:
Years of making oneself look a plonker by walking around town screaming 'Jesus is coming'.
Agreed. Disgusting, and to add to that embarrassment, you only have to look at the fundamental devotions of the truly unthinking wailers and yowlers. To wit:

Quote:
Quote:
???
So you are NOT Christian!!
That'd be it! You are very perceptive, DogKnox!

Quote:
Quote:
Boxcar Overkill Think it through!!!

You believe in NOTHING because you are NOTHING?! Is this it!??
You were born into NOTHING so you believe in NOTHING!!?
You had NO Choice, so you have NO Hope, is this it??!

The Hindu was born in India, so he believe what he is taught... He is NOT wrong, If he keeps the greatest command he will enter heaven! It is just this simple!

The Muslim born in Saudi Arabia is taught to have his beliefs. If he keeps the greatest command he will enter heaven! It is just this simple!

All men are born in the image of God, not just Christians! God loves all men, because he made them!

You reject God!!! AND....
And why???!!

It comes down to this very, very basic question...WHY?
You MUST prove to me there is NO God!!!!
Note you are in the minority.. Throughout the history of man...Man has ALWAYS believed in a God, a higher being of some kind!!
Then there is you...
Boxcar Overkill WHY.. Do you reject God?? Is it because of your superior intellect!? You must have a reason.. not just; "Because"!

Dogknox
Correction of a wildly off-center statement: Atheists do not believe in NOTHING, you silly person! Atheists simply accept the obviously lacking(non-existent?) evidence for the God you so desperately wish to push. Over literally decades and centuries there's NEVER been any proof in support of a GOd. Nope; not EVER any regrown limbs, except in anecdotal and wishful dreams of hopefuls that hate to see their artificial belief system fading away as the world's educational standards rise inexorably.

Then you introduce completely unrelated statements to your argument, adding in really inexplicable options, all willingly but un-critically accepted by all those bleeting sheeple types with no knowledge of the basics of a critical thinking analysis.
Such intense but nonetheless fair and objective analysis also leads to the strong belief by many of us skeptics that THERE WAS ALSO NO JESUS FIGURE! He was simply a down-home minstrel, a go-between for the people frightened of that egotistical, vengeful and always angry God.
[quote]
Quote:
Okay my answer: You are NOT god because you are NOTHING!
You believe you are NOTHING!!!! You have faith you are NOTHING!!
You are NOT Christian because you were not born in a Christian home!
You are NOT Hindu because you were not born in a Hindu home!
You are NOT Muslim because you were not born in a Muslim home!

God is something, so you are NOT god! It is just this simple!!

You believe you are god... But you have proof there is no god??
I wait.. for you to explain!!
Sp... we must pick from your lit? There are lots of alternate options. BoxCar is likely the FSM, IMHO.

[quote]
Quote:
Boxcar Overkill How about the very basic; PROOF there is a God!!
Thousand and thousands of Wheel Chairs, a mountain of Crutches and Canes from people healed by God!
Thousands and thousands of miracles even documented, 'whole limbs grown back'.
Boxcar Overkill God is given all the credit, thousands and thousands can't be wrong! The evidence is overwhelming!!
As someone here has correctly noted, please provide credible links, not some tripe from Muslim Daily News, or AiG or some other purposefully deceptive and know liar websites, who just make it all up!

To wit: so sorry, Dogknox!: there are no piles of discarded wheelchair, crutches and canes, unless the person was already bound for natural healing. But let's see a missing limb regrow itself. Esp. after some purposeful & intensive congregational prayer sessions by the amputee's Christian friends. The "focused prayer load" inbound to God would be intense to be sure!

Quote:
Quote:
Wikipedia Encyclopedia
Lourdes France
Over 150 years of PROVEN Miracles!!!!
Today Lourdes has a population of around 15,000 but is able to take in some 5,000,000 pilgrims each year coming for cures when doctors say cure is impossible!!!!

Sixty Three PROVEN documented miracles!!!
Not that there have not been more miracles, but the sixty three have be researched, investigated for all possible other reason for a cure, when no other explanation, when all doctors can't explain another cause, it is a prove "Act Of GOD!" NOW...

Boxcar Overkill Now not only will you have to prove there is NO God, you will have to prove the thousands of people who have come to, Lourdes France and have been cured are NOT really cured by God!!! Ha-ha
Good luck!!!

1) you are NOT God because you are NOTHING!
2) Lourdes proves thousands and thousands of people can't be wrong, there is a God!

Dogknox
Well... uhmmm.. in the time-proven argument technique of fundies everywhere, I'll just keep it short and to my point: RUBBISH. BUNK. OUTRIGHT wishful thinking. No supporting documented evidence. Didn't and doesn't happen.

There. Got it? That was easy, and just as vaild as your wild and unsupported disclaimers as well!

Quote:
[b][u]

LOGIC SAYS: You MUST have been raised in a Home with NOTHING!! You were raised in a home that believes in NOTHING!!

The Thousands and thousands of Crutches Wheel Chairs and Cains prove NOTHING TO YOU!!???

You are NOT convinced by the Sixty Three PROVEN Miraculously healed people, Sight restored, Cancer removed, WHOLE limbs grown back!!??

You can't prove it as a hokes yet you say NOTHING!!!

NO you are wrong.. I gave you PROOF, now you Prove there is NO GOD!!
Your turn...

Christians believe in God.. I am Christian!!
Dogknox
Well, again: there are not thousands and thousands of discarded mobility assists, and those 63 cases you so ardently claim as "proofs" are only useful to those who already believe. A sort of congratulatory premonition and self-fulfilling "prophesy", with no other possibilites even considered.

Not to mention the truly massive evidence for an ancient earth, of Evolution, of no Noah's Ark FluDD, and so on. You conveniently ignore all of that, as well as contemporaneous (i.e.: documented at the same time...) documentation from other more advanced and objective (not to mention educated...) societies in Asia.

NOTE: I have yet to have a good responsive answer to their contradictory historical documents. No globally inundating fludd, no Jesus wandering in their midst, no miracles, no one-time sedimentary event. No nothing thta the bible insists, and you just believe without question!

You willing to discuss the lack of confirming history from those astute and observant Chinese scholars? Please do let me know your links as well as your own thoughtful analysis.

Quote:
Quote:
Rafius 150 years of Miracles!!
The story starts out.. "A young girl is told to bend down and drink" there was NO water; She bends down and digs her hands in the dirt and water trickles up!!
The waters have heals people ever sense!
PROVING..
From the very start the Miracles were contributed to God!

For 150 plus years it has ALWAYS been God at work in the cures!
You are rejecting the 150 years of people being healed..
The 500,000,000....or even 300,000,000 people that say "YOU ARE WRONG!!!"
NOTE it is NOT me that tells you; "You are wrong" it is LOGIC and the MILLIONS who have been to Lourdes France!

You reject the Miracles for no other reason except; "You do NOT want to believe them!"
You lack all proof!!!
LOGIC tells you, your CONSCIENCE tells you, "You are wrong"!
Rafius You are the one who must live with yourself!! You are content to believe PROVEN LIES, knowing all along you are believing lies!

There is a God.. I am Christian; Christians believe!

Dogknox
Again, you have assembled a list of anecdotal claims and "histories", but you never examine and agree with or credibly dismiss the obvious alternates, despite the masses of actual reproducible evidence.

So be it. Your credibility is on the line here, but please: no more of this "You believe in Nothing!" ruse and evasion. We atheists believe in lots of things, including our personal ethical standards for an honest and peaceful spiritual life. We just don't beleive in the Abrahamic God.

Problem with that?

Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Where in the Bible does the Bible say that only the Bible is "scripture"?
eddie gein Good question..
The bible is a compilation <(big word) of ALL the scriptures!
All the scriptures (manuscripts) were placed into one book so all the scriptures could be found in one place! Until the bible was put together with ALL the true scriptures they were scattered all over, mixed in with UN-SCRIPTURAL manuscripts!

Gathered together and placed into one book called The Bible!

IF..
If it is NOT in the bible it is not truly inspired words from God.. It is just this simple!

The Canon (list of manuscripts) was closed!
No more can be added to the list!

Dogknox

Old 05-26-2012, 11:35 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Just checking the thread subject.... The stuff collated into the Bible is no more reliable than that left out. Whether anything more is admitted or not makes no difference..on the basis of what is in the Bible now, the accounts are so ramshackle that no reasonable person could believe that Jesus really did rise from the dead.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:04 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
All hail Boxcar!!!!! The one and only true god!!!! Believe in him and be saved!! From what I don't know. Oh and blessed be the cheese makers.

BTW Mr. Dogknot biblical scripture is a total load of horse manure. Have a nice delusional day.

He's Not The Messiah - YouTube

Old 05-26-2012, 02:52 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
Quote:
What you write is NOT scriptures.. So Boxcar is not god!
It is just this simple!
Heed the words of the Large Cat, for HE IS good and HE has cometh to free you from the chains of your limited thinking

Yea, Verily I meow unto you that Any book is considered scripture ONLY if the followers of such deem it, therefore all the good cats follow my word as scripture, and put away the lunacy of most of the new testament write

Seriously DOG, your all or nothing polarized thinking leaves no room for reality, and no The Bible is NOT scripture, because I do not accept it as such. Therefore, I am free of the bondage and limits of your thinking to name my OWN path.

And Boxcar is welcome here in My Pantheon. Until YOU Prove otherwise. (Oh and since I do not accept the Bible, I will give you a clue. You cannot use that to disprove Boxcar's Divinity.)

Old 05-26-2012, 03:31 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Heed the words of the Large Cat, for HE IS good and HE has cometh to free you from the chains of your limited thinking

Yea, Verily I meow unto you that Any book is considered scripture ONLY if the followers of such deem it, therefore all the good cats follow my word as scripture, and put away the lunacy of most of the new testament write

Seriously DOG, your all or nothing polarized thinking leaves no room for reality, and no The Bible is NOT scripture, because I do not accept it as such. Therefore, I am free of the bondage and limits of your thinking to name my OWN path.

And Boxcar is welcome here in My Pantheon. Until YOU Prove otherwise. (Oh and since I do not accept the Bible, I will give you a clue. You cannot use that to disprove Boxcar's Divinity.)

Preach the word brother Cat.

Thou shall have no Rail cars or gods before me. All gaze upon his holy image and rejoice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality