Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 12:50 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
the heart is a pump
Since everyone above the age of six probably knows the metaphorical use of the term "heart" . . . can we dispense with this puerile reference to its biological function? It is neither smart, nor clever, nor insightful, nor particularly helpful to any discussion . . . just annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 01:13 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
I'm no longer Christian but even if I was, the church would have no influence on what the hubster and I decide to do in our bedroom.

It's not their place to dictate to us and it's none of their damn business anyway.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:17 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I'm no longer Christian but even if I was, the church would have no influence on what the hubster and I decide to do in our bedroom.
It's not their place to dictate to us and it's none of their damn business anyway.
Amen! Clear and concise, Pam.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:20 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I once read that the Bible Belt is the most sexually repressed and at the same time sexually dysfunctional part of the country. There is also an over-abundance of sex related crimes, and a higher than average per capita membership in Bondage and swinging clubs. It was suggested that religious edicts and repression result in some highly creative imaginations when a person does break out of religious chains.

I live in the bible belt and while I have no idea what goes on behind the bedroom doors..I think it is very sad that I never see couples here holding hands, hug each other, give each other a quick kiss. Nothing....I think my hubby and I are the only who modestly show our affection fro each other.

In my opinion, it is not up to any religion to tell me what I can and cannot do in the privacy of my bedroom. It is no one else's business. But then again, religions have no authority in my life anyway.

I agree.....no one has the right to tell consenting adults what to do in their bedrooms.
Here is an interesting site. This is what is on the first page:
Snippet:
"Why Is There So Much Interest In Sex, And Lots Of "Cheating" In Our Culture?
Whether you are Christian or not, our culture has been influenced by a sexually repressive Christian tradition that denies the God-given natural desire to connect emotionally and sexually with more than one person, which is the essence of polyamory. The repression of both sexual experience and knowledge results in a society titillated by the tease of sex, but with little intimacy skills or sexual knowledge.

site:Liberated Christians Polyamory, Swing, Biblical, Sybian Cyber Center

I do think many Americans are sadly repressed sexually which in my opinion only leads to trouble.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-30-2012 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Re-formatted to adhere to city-data's copyright rules

Old 05-26-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Here is an interesting site. This is what is on the first page:
Snippet:
"Why Is There So Much Interest In Sex, And Lots Of "Cheating" In Our Culture?
Whether you are Christian or not, our culture has been influenced by a sexually repressive Christian tradition that denies the God-given natural desire to connect emotionally and sexually with more than one person, which is the essence of polyamory. The repression of both sexual experience and knowledge results in a society titillated by the tease of sex, but with little intimacy skills or sexual knowledge.

Link:

Liberated Christians Polyamory, Swing, Biblical, Sybian Cyber Center

I do think many Americans are sadly repressed sexually which in my opinion only leads to trouble.
That's quite the frisky little website!

Last edited by june 7th; 05-30-2012 at 10:46 AM..

Old 05-27-2012, 06:52 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
That's quite the frisky little website!
LOL...I didn't look past the first page as I am not repressed but I bet a lot of christians do

Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,771,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Many threads here are about religion and sex, on both Religion and on the sub-sub-forums. Does it bother you that the Church, some denominations more than others, dictate your private romantic life, including procreation?

There was a one-liner about the Vatican and the bedroom (birth control) at one time. It went like this:

(insert Italian accent): He no play da game, he no maka da rules.

What are your thoughts on this issue?
Your private romantic life in marriage is between both Spouses and God. God intended married sex to be not only for procreation but also to stenghten the bond of the marriage commitment thru pleasure giving and recieving. It is part of becoming one flesh in an environment that is safe, genuine, and with great commitment to one another. That said, our Churches have EVERY right to encourage us and demand that we dont engage in sexual immorality per the specific requirements found in the Word of God...and....these should be readily embraced by those who want to please God by the way they live and think .

What is VERY wrong, is any Chruch such as the RCC that demands a person cannot marry such as Priests. This violates scripture in 1 Tim. 4: 2-3 which calls such demands wrong and coming from false teachers.

While the bedroom is between two Spouses, I believe it is God honoring to stay away from certain sex acts that are unnatural , degrading, and disease spreading regardless of whether one or both spouses want to try them. Two people agreeing on something that is not good or correct, never makes it acceptable to do , for, that is the mantra of our out of control sex saturated culture which people of God should not follow.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:14 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times
And if your god was real you may have a point. Perhaps read the link and get some hints.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Oh c'mon lighten up
I have a very good imagination. . No batteries or electrical outlets required.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:54 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Your private romantic life in marriage is between both Spouses and God. God intended married sex to be not only for procreation but also to stenghten the bond of the marriage commitment thru pleasure giving and recieving. It is part of becoming one flesh in an environment that is safe, genuine, and with great commitment to one another. That said, our Churches have EVERY right to encourage us and demand that we dont engage in sexual immorality per the specific requirements found in the Word of God...and....these should be readily embraced by those who want to please God by the way they live and think .

What is VERY wrong, is any Chruch such as the RCC that demands a person cannot marry such as Priests. This violates scripture in 1 Tim. 4: 2-3 which calls such demands wrong and coming from false teachers.

While the bedroom is between two Spouses, I believe it is God honoring to stay away from certain sex acts that are unnatural , degrading, and disease spreading regardless of whether one or both spouses want to try them. Two people agreeing on something that is not good or correct, never makes it acceptable to do , for, that is the mantra of our out of control sex saturated culture which people of God should not follow.
Thanks again for your very useful input. It is an eloquent argument that we should give serious thought to our sexual behaviour, both in the interests of ourselves and others - but not, random factors forbid - in the interests of the prodnoses of any and every one of the churches. As you so persuasively put it: "VERY wrong, is any Chruch". Couldn't have put it better myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality