Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:42 AM

460 posts, read 593,054 times

Advertisements

dtango,

1. Commenting on historical records. Throughout the world, there appears to be ample evidence that humankind considered the heavens to be impacting the Earth.

Whether or not the depictions of creatures and humanoids were real, our ancestors depicted them as human. Thus, too, their gods.

Sumerians have good material, but so do the ancient Indians (subcontinent). I mean, I cannot fathom ancient man of conceiving of traveling to the moon and other planets, as we find in ancient Indian lore, as some kind of lax activity. He would have been too busy eeking out a living.

2. You missed my point on winged creatures. Wings merely mean the ability to fly. It was the Middle Ages, if I am not mistaken, that started putting actual wings on humanoids.

We have ample evidence of Messengers flying through the skies of Earth on some forms of aircraft. The Vimana were probably the tip of the iceberg or the last of human-driven vehicles before this knowledge was denied future generations.

3. I have to laugh a bit when you go as far back as 40,000 years. True, these people would have been our ancestors. But realistically, we have to limit ourselves to the last 5 or 6 thousand years.

We cannot even understand correctly ruins that allegedly date 10,000 years. We have yo-yos who insist that some buildings are mere temples to gods, as if our ancestors held half the brains we boast of today. It seems inconceivable to the mainstream scientists that mankind could have been a whole lot smarter and more learned than 21st Century man. I suppose contemplating universities of learning are just too "modern" for them, especially should that learning surpass our own level of technology.

While I cannot put my finger definitively on any one spot or fact, I do feel that in the long run--be it 40,000 years or 400,000 years--that a vast amount of information and technology has been lost to us. And it hasn't happened once. I feel that our development is like a roller-coaster ride. We ascend just so far after an agonizing period of growth, and we come crashing down in a relative few seconds. Only to begin the painful ascent once again.

4. But we come back to the OP: that gods, Jesus, et al were aliens, which I took to be extraterrestrials.

We are all extraterrestrials. We do not belong on this planet. Mother nature created wonderful creatures capable to sustaining themselves in inhospitable climes and environments. Surely, if the dinosaurs had not been exterminated, some creatures may have well eventually developed a brain more akin to what we considered to be sentience.

But here is man, a creature naked and vulnerable in a world of inhospitality. That this creature was able to conquer nature, if you will, seems implausible without some kind of external help. We may never know. But in the psyche of our ancestors, mankind expressed its own existence and survival by connecting the heavens and all that occurred in it with everything that was going on here on this Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 08:04 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Default Jesus, God, And All The Angels........ Were Infact Aliens

I think there is something to the whole UFO thing, I really do! BUT...

This all boils down to the main question... Why on Darwin's dusty textbooks would aliens travel to some backwater planet light years away just to play god to the local bipedal ape population!?

It makes no sense. We don't travel to the Gombe reserve and descend from our helicopters in white robes to give scriptures to the chimps, after all!

But study religion itself long enough and you eventually realize the various religious sects are sourced in very predictable human thought processes, human archetypes and clearly human psychological tendencies.

In other words, there is nothing truly alien about any of the major religions.

Even the Mormons... (though the Raelians are suspect).

Old 05-30-2012, 01:45 AM

526 posts, read 692,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
1. Commenting on historical records. Throughout the world, there appears to be ample evidence that humankind considered the heavens to be impacting the Earth.
That is true!
You only have to study the ancient texts, however, in order to find out what it was meant by that.

When the sky was separated from the earth,
When the gods ascended to the sky. (The Pyramid Texts, Utt. 519 §1208)

From time immemorial the gods –as Jesus did- were ascending to the skies after they had been killed by the “mortals.” Once the gods became heavenly, their dominion was the sky while the earth continued to represent the mankind.
Thus:
Heavens = gods
Earth = mankind

The oppression that the race of the gods exercised on mankind was later expressed by folklore as the oppression of the heavens on earth (the people pushed eventually the sky away, pushing it off by using various means).
Quote:
Sumerians have good material, but so do the ancient Indians (subcontinent)

The Vimana were probably the tip of the iceberg or the last of human-driven vehicles before this knowledge was denied future generations.
What Sumerian evidence you refer to?
As to the Vimanas, I have not studied the relevant texts because I am interested only in the story of the gods which is too old to have anything to do with descriptions of vehicles made tens of thousands of years after their time.
Quote:
2. You missed my point on winged creatures. Wings merely mean the ability to fly. It was the Middle Ages, if I am not mistaken, that started putting actual wings on humanoids.
The gods it was said -at approximately 20,000 years ago- that they ascended to the skies (The Americans Indians who lived in isolation for 15,000 years mention “heavenly beings” too but it is more important the fact that they also mention messengers of the gods) and since they were thought to go and meet the gods, in order to inform them what was going on on earth, they had to fly. Hermes, the messengers of the Greek gods, was wearing winged sandals.
Quote:
3. I have to laugh a bit when you go as far back as 40,000 years. True, these people would have been our ancestors. But realistically, we have to limit ourselves to the last 5 or 6 thousand years.
That is a grave mistake on your part.

There is Chatal Huyuk which is 9,500 years old, Gobekli Tepe which is 12,000 years old and there is the older known statuette of the Mother who gave birth to gods and men (Venus of Hohle Fels) which is approximately 37,000 years old.
On top of that, thanks to the science of genetics, we now know that we moderns are hybrids: Homo sapiens sapiens and Neanderthal -except for the Sub-saharan Africans who are pure Homo sapiens sapiens- who were “created” in the Near East between 50,000 and 60,000 years ago.
Quote:
While I cannot put my finger definitively on any one spot or fact, I do feel that in the long run--be it 40,000 years or 400,000 years--that a vast amount of information and technology has been lost to us. And it hasn't happened once. I feel that our development is like a roller-coaster ride. We ascend just so far after an agonizing period of growth, and we come crashing down in a relative few seconds. Only to begin the painful ascent once again.]
Since you say "you feel it" it is OK. You do not have to provide evidence.
Quote:
But here is man, a creature naked and vulnerable in a world of inhospitality. That this creature was able to conquer nature, if you will, seems implausible without some kind of external help. We may never know. But in the psyche of our ancestors, mankind expressed its own existence and survival by connecting the heavens and all that occurred in it with everything that was going on here on this Earth.
Man’s brains and hands are formidable weapons. He needs no help from nobody. His only drawback is his tendency to philosophize and thus distort reality, otherwise he is capable of blowing the entire earth up if so he chooses to do.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 597 times
If the earth began as a swirly dot why do two planets spin backwards and four moons. How can nothing explode? How can it be billions of years slow but also happen extremely fast? Why do we still have monkies?Are theese the retarted monkies they just haven't evolved yet? Why are we told animals did something that doesn't happen today? Why are there no forming galaxies? Why are the galaxies already perfectly formed? Why do cultures near swamps in Africa say we have dinosaurs? Why are preferated trees found in sedimentary layers upright? The universe is run by laws inertia, centrifugal, force gravity, who gave the laws? Why are there chariots at the bottom of the red sea and radio active soil at Sodom and gomorah? I'll tell ya what's out there. God and angles. What's stuck here is Satan and demons. What you see is angelic technology from the uncreated God of the universe. The source of all existence. Faith minipulates matter. Anyone that's studied cymatics knows frequency can minipulate matter. The Hutchinson effect for example. God is alpha and omega he's a genius and I'd give up life right now just to meet him and speak to him and wonder about his technology and advancements and war strategies. He's brilliant. He's the source. And we are copies. Dust carved copies. Moderator note: Link removed. New members can't post active links.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-17-2018 at 04:01 AM.. Reason: Link removed. Nothing else corrected.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:30 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,125 times
I haven't read all the posts in this topic, so I'm only commenting based on the title (terrible, I know...but it's an old thread and I'm tired). I was telling someone a few months ago that I think "alien" and extraterrestrial information exists to incite fear so that when the Day of Judgment comes, people will be freaked out thinking an alien invasion is happening and will try to attack the heavenly hosts. That's why it helps the agenda to make people believe all the stuff in the Bible never actually happened. Then the "alien" propaganda wins.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:53 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Ghost View Post
If the earth began as a swirly dot why do two planets spin backwards and four moons. How can nothing explode? How can it be billions of years slow but also happen extremely fast? Why do we still have monkies?Are theese the retarted monkies they just haven't evolved yet? Why are we told animals did something that doesn't happen today? Why are there no forming galaxies? Why are the galaxies already perfectly formed? Why do cultures near swamps in Africa say we have dinosaurs? Why are preferated trees found in sedimentary layers upright? The universe is run by laws inertia, centrifugal, force gravity, who gave the laws? Why are there chariots at the bottom of the red sea and radio active soil at Sodom and gomorah? I'll tell ya what's out there. God and angles. What's stuck here is Satan and demons. What you see is angelic technology from the uncreated God of the universe. The source of all existence. Faith minipulates matter. Anyone that's studied cymatics knows frequency can minipulate matter. The Hutchinson effect for example. God is alpha and omega he's a genius and I'd give up life right now just to meet him and speak to him and wonder about his technology and advancements and war strategies. He's brilliant. He's the source. And we are copies. Dust carved copies. Moderator note: Link removed. New members can't post active links.
I've been taking a look around youtube and amongst other things there does appear to be chariot artifacts on the bottom of the red sea.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I haven't read all the posts in this topic, so I'm only commenting based on the title (terrible, I know...but it's an old thread and I'm tired). I was telling someone a few months ago that I think "alien" and extraterrestrial information exists to incite fear so that when the Day of Judgment comes, people will be freaked out thinking an alien invasion is happening and will try to attack the heavenly hosts. That's why it helps the agenda to make people believe all the stuff in the Bible never actually happened. Then the "alien" propaganda wins.
I believe we will have a 'first contact' event in the near future and our new friends may try to claim they are our creators.

Besides the bible, there are many many other historical accounts that have people witnessing UFOs, whatever they are, they have been here a long time.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:13 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe we will have a 'first contact' event in the near future and our new friends may try to claim they are our creators.

Besides the bible, there are many many other historical accounts that have people witnessing UFOs, whatever they are, they have been here a long time.
Yes, and who knows, maybe they're already integrating with humans.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:32 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I've been taking a look around youtube and amongst other things there does appear to be chariot artifacts on the bottom of the red sea.
I believe it is a modern, coral encrusted object (or a few) taken from different angles (as wood from the time of Moses would have gone now).

The alleged land bridge the 'chariot wheel' was found near also does not exist. Using the Google maps program (not the web page), you can see the depth of the area is over 700 meters.

Ron Wyatt lied again.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:05 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So one of the main reasons I reject religious dogma along with many others is the fact that it defies reason and logic, even the natural laws of this world, to the extreme, spouting off things we know to be impossible in no uncertain terms, and expecting us to swallow it blindly as truth.

I have theorized sincerely that our true existence is possibly the result of other worldly beings, either by accident or by intention. What though, if that theory and those of Christianity do not have to be seperate, but united? What if Jesus was infact a being from another world sent here to provide our evolving species with an example of how THEY wanted us to live? One thing is for certain, everything we know about OUR world is relative, and if we consider OTHER worlds and the beings that possibly inhabit them, suddenly walking on water, talking burning bushes, men being raised from the dead, healing the sick with a simple touch of the hand, and all the other things that we consider to be utter nonsense about Christianity, suddenly become valid once again.

What do YOU think?

Am I just insane?

Has my glass of merlot simply clouded my judgement on this exceptionaly humid summers eve?

Keep an open mind { but as always, not too far open, otherwise your brains may fall out } as you consider these paintings......

"The Baptism of Christ", by Aert de Gelder, painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge. A disk shaped, UFO type object is shining beams of light down upon John the Baptist and Jesus

[CENTER]A fresco entitled "The Crucifixion" and was painted in 1350. The fresco is located above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia. The two objects in the painting, which could be considered UFO's, are enlarged below.

"The Madonna with Saint Giovannino", painted in the 15th century, artist unknown but to the Lippi school. The lower detail shows a section where a man and his dog can be seen looking up at a UFO type object

The above painting is "The Annunciation" by Carlo Crivelli, and hangs in the National Gallery, London. A disk shaped UFO-type object throwing down a beam of light down onto Mary's head, is shown in detail.

The above picture shows Jesus and Mary on what appear to be disc-shaped lenticular clouds. It is titled "The Miracle of the Snow", by Masolino Da Panicale (1383-1440). It hangs at the church of Santa Maria Maggiore, Florence, Italy.

[/CENTER]
You seem to have a problem understanding what the term "in fact" means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality