Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 03:49 PM

38 posts, read 90,049 times

Advertisements

Gen 3:19 "In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return." Eccl 9:10 "All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol (the grave) the place to which you are going." Eccl 9:5 "The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all." Ps 146:4 "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts (all his thinking) do perish." Jesus referred death as a deep sleep, did he not bring back his friend Lazarus from death? On the journey to revive Lazarus Jesus Said "I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep." Eccl 9:6 "Their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinate in anything that has to be done under the sun." Please read again about God's true word, it's telling us about the condition of the dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 04:21 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
We have entered into page 2 of this thread and nobody has given a straight, for real answer to Muhnay.
Does anyone really have an answer? Not opinions but an answer.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:23 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
So the souls of the serial killers, the child abusers, the pedophiles, even those that worship Allah, or or some other deity, are all part of the Christian God and are in his image. Right?
Good question. I hope someone will answer it logically.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Think about it.. your soul is made up of energy, it is not carbon based like your body. It does not need to eat, sleep, or any of the stuff your body does. It can not be hurt by anything physical or be rewarded by anything physical. So the description of both Heaven and Hell are man made delusions to either A: cause you fear into doing what it is they want, or B: Make you think you'll be rewarded by doing what they want.

What is the opposite of Death? Some of you would say life but thats wrong.. its Birth. Life is what you do between those two things. So when you Die there is either nothing, or something else.. maybe even unlife? Would explain ghost, spirits, reincarnation, and many other things Christians have a hard time excepting. Maybe there is a form of Heaven and Hell but I don't think we can comprehend it at this time... and if so, I am sure its self induced from your experiances in life.

I got done reading a book I thought was clever.. It was about Angels.. there were 3 types.. Good, Evil and undecided. Guess who the 3rd choice was.. yep humans, here on earth to pick a side. Was a good book. And have you noticed though most religions there is this connection with 3? START MIDDLE END. FATHER SON HOLY-SPIRIT, 3. EARTH, SKY, WATER, 3. BODY, SOUL, MIND, 3. just as a few examples. Just something to think about..
i have not been in hell, but i have seen a few pretty good imitations.
by the way i love gulfport ms. hope you have recovered from the storms.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-23-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Soul

In the Bible "soul" is translated from the Hebrew Ne'phesh and in Greek Psy'khe'. Bible usage shows the soul to be a person and animal or the life that a person or an animal enjoys. To many people however "soul" means the immaterial or spirit part of a human being that survives the death of the physical body. Others understand it to be the principle of life. But these latter views are not Bible teachings.
Gen 2:7 "God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living soul." Notice-it does not say man was given a soul, it says became a soul, a living person.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:44 PM

659 posts, read 1,374,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
We have entered into page 2 of this thread and nobody has given a straight, for real answer to Muhnay.
Does anyone really have an answer? Not opinions but an answer.
Heaven and Hell, well of course the notion is said to exist in the mind of an individual but, as a concrete thing, of that there is no evidence. So, does it not exist that is the question, well everyone knows you cannot prove a negative, so that is the answer?

Why worry, only a believer in God or the afterlife can believe this mythology that has been handed down from pagan times, just as angels have been. We have a lot to thank our primitive ancestors for and along with our existence, religion in all it's guises and an acceptance that a leader is a necessity for our communities, hence kings and queens etc.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Heaven

The dwelling place of God and of faithful spirit creatures, a realm invisible to human eyes. The Bible also uses the term,"Heaven(s)" in a variety of other senses; for example: to represent God himself, his organization of faithful spirit creatures, a position of devine favor, the physical universe apart from the earth, the expanse surrounding planet earth.
John8:23 (Jesus Christ said) "You are from the realms below; I am from the realms above. you are from this world; I am not from this world." (Jesus did come from the spirit world humans did not).

Old 09-23-2007, 09:03 PM

436 posts, read 1,174,197 times
yes God created all there is. so what if some are murderers? is that gods fault? a man is responsible for his action, dont blame god. but then again as have said you are a grain of sand, your wisdom is nothing in his eyes. and my answer to all your questions and argument is - YOU CAN NOT EVEN CREATE A BLADE OF GRASS.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:36 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,231,007 times
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3
Quote:
yes God created all there is. so what if some are murderers? is that gods fault? a man is responsible for his action, dont blame god. but then again as have said you are a grain of sand, your wisdom is nothing in his eyes. and my answer to all your questions and argument is - YOU CAN NOT EVEN CREATE A BLADE OF GRASS.
My version of Hell is a place were witnesses of a rape don't do anything because they know they, unlike God, can't create a blade of grass. They can't decide if getting involved is the wise thing to do. They believe that if God wanted to stop the rape He'd intervened already, so it must have been the victim's destiny to be raped.

My version of Heaven is a place were witnesses of a rape chase off the rapist without even thinking of God.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Hell

The word "Hell" is found in many Bible translations. In the same verses other translations read "The grave" "The world of the dead" and so forth. Other Bibles simply transliterate the original-language words that are sometimes rendered "Hell" that is they express them with letters from our alphabet but leave the words untranslated, What are those words? The Hebrew she'ohl and it's Greek equivalent hai'des, which refer to not an individual burial place, but to the common grave of the dead mankind; also the Greek ge'en'na which is used as a symbol of eternal destruction. However both in christendom and in many non-Christian religions it is tought that Hell is a place inhabited by demons and where the wicked after death are punished (and some believe that this is with torment) This is not a Bible teaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality