Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 04:39 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The only mythical fantasy figure is the "missing link" which has never been found.
Ever stop to think that there never was one?

That the Earth was colonized by an alien race as a biological experiment is as good an explanation as any...

I can get more specific as per the OP once I get to see the specifics of the OP's one man one woman who just appeared on the face of the Earth out of nowhere...

Quote:
Why aren't there more different types of humans, or missing links, if we evolved from a different species? We are all the same.
MOD CUT

Are we all the same?

The same sex, same hair, same facial features, the height, same weight, same body odor, same foot size, same hand size, same skin color etc???

Last edited by linicx; 06-11-2012 at 05:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 08:28 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
I think the most scientific and plausible theory about the origin of man is that it started with one man and one woman.

What are some other opposing theories that would contradict this?

Please be specific describing a scenario that could have taken place.

Thanks.
I think the bible makes great philosophy and a handy source of emergency toilet paper.

This can be scientifically verified through careful study, testing and peer review.

Also, bible school goes in the Mosh-pit... not the science forum.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I think the bible makes great philosophy and a handy source of emergency toilet paper.

This can be scientifically verified through careful study, testing and peer review.

Also, bible school goes in the Mosh-pit... not the science forum.

This has been mentioned multiple times, but here it is alive and well.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:50 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
It does support the notion that the 'power behind the throne' wears a skirt.
Hmmm what came first the chicken or the egg? Women would need man I would assume

Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 PM

I think the most scientific and plausible theory about the origin of man is that it started when an alien race seeded the Earth with an animal species called Human Beings.

What are some opposing facts that would contradict this?

I don't think mankind could survive starting with just one man and one woman, thoughts? Inbreeding?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:09 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I think the most scientific and plausible theory about the origin of man is that it started when an alien race seeded the Earth with an animal species called Human Beings.

I don't think mankind could survive starting with just one man and one woman, thoughts? Inbreeding?
Um... Anunaki...stealing our gold...comely daughters...nephilim... prehistoric nuclear wars, Atlantis and a top-rated "pseudo-history channel" infotainment show?

Oh you wanted contradictions... um, everything else?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Um... Anunaki...stealing our gold...comely daughters...nephilim... prehistoric nuclear wars, Atlantis and a top-rated "pseudo-history channel" infotainment show?

Oh you wanted contradictions... um, everything else?
No, just something that would disprove what I said, it's just as factual as that fantasy book that says mankind started with one man and one woman....

Old 06-11-2012, 11:18 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

Aside from the fact that the above cannot be tested, the fact we share our much of our genome with all other life on the planet would necessarily indicate that we are an indigenous species.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,197 times
Quote:
I think the most scientific and plausible theory about the origin of man is that it started with one man and one woman.

What are some other opposing theories that would contradict this?

Thanks.
There is no scientific theory that the origin of man (I'll presume you mean Homo sapiens -- if not, please explain) 'started' with 'one man and one woman'.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:47 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,197 times
Quote:
The only mythical fantasy figure is the "missing link" which has never been found.
What 'link' concerns you? A link connects two things. Presumably, one of these things are humans. What is the other, that you expect must be linked by fossil evidence?

I take it you do not believe the passenger pigeon ever existed. After all, not a single passenger pigeon fossil has ever been discovered. Given your concern for fossils, how do you reconcile this lack with the abundant documentation of passenger pigeons, not to mention various preserved non-fossil specimens?

Quote:
Why aren't there more different types of humans, or missing links, if we evolved from a different species? We are all the same.
Nothing in evolutionary theory suggests that it must ultimatelyesult in a wide variety amongst daughter species.

You are demonstrating a profound lack of understanding about a scientific theory, one that is almost universally accepted amongst biologists, and one that you clearly reject. You might ponder the wisdom of rejecting the logic of something you do not understand in the least. You might then consider suspending judgment until you can rectify your substantial lack of knowledge about evolutionary biology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality