Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 01:46 PM

218 posts, read 397,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
What's your point?
My point?

You skeptics are soooo much smarter than us dumb Bible thumpers and you ask a question like that?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
They don't seriously think they are god. What ducksburg is saying is that there are thousands of gods that the OP rejects as being true, but then expects nonbelievers to prove his god does not exist. Do you believe in the existence of Ra or Thor? If you do not then what evidence do you have that they do not exist? The truth is that the onus is on the one positing a god does exist. If there's no evidence to substantiate their claim, then it is logical to not accept the truth of said claim.
Those of us who know the Lord and have seen what He can do don't need 'proof'. It is the daily experience of our lives.

To call upon God for a very real need in life and see Him answer is not unusual for those who cast their love upon Him.

Let Ra do what Jesus can do. Send me a follower of Ra and I will challenge him on this very point. That goes for the so-called 'gods' of any other faith. They will not stand up to the only true and Living God...the Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
This question is flawed. Atheists do not believe in GODS, not just one particular God. Asking for evidence that "God" doesn't exist limits the question to only one possible entity, when there have been thousands worshiped throughout the history of mankind.

Therefore, this begs the question - what is YOUR evidence that Allah, Ra, Odin, Vishnu, Zeus, The Great Spirit, Mother Earth, etc do not exist?

Keep reading.

(BTW - The Bible doesn't count as evidence either way)
Oh, yes it does. It is evidence whether you believe in it or not. But I can give you other evidence...many times over.

I have series of photos that I made that I can post concerning things I prayed for but told no one but God what the need was. I did this purposely so that when those prayers were answered, I would know He did it and not because someone just decided to be nice and help me out. The prayers were specific and detailed. I have experienced this many times and so have many of my Christian companions. It's always a thrill to see.

Photobucket is presently having serious malfunction problems and I cannot post those pictures but when they have corrected the problem I will be glad to do so.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:43 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkwhisper View Post
Those of us who know the Lord and have seen what He can do don't need 'proof'.
There is no rational way of arguing with that. You have decided to see everything through that conception and that's it. And do us all a favor and lose the blue text color.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:43 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
Quote:
Those of us who know the Lord and have seen what He can do don't need 'proof'. It is the daily experience of our lives.

To call upon God for a very real need in life and see Him answer is not unusual for those who cast their love upon Him.

Let Ra do what Jesus can do. Send me a follower of Ra and I will challenge him on this very point. That goes for the so-called 'gods' of any other faith. They will not stand up to the only true and Living God...the Lord Jesus Christ.
Contact these people:

http://www.witchvox.net/xwotw.html

You're argument is based on a double standard. You think that other gods need proof in order to believe in their existence, yet you think that your god doesn't need proof in order to exist.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
There is no rational way of arguing with that.

There doesn't need to be. It's the truth.

You have decided to see everything through that conception and that's it. And do us all a favor and lose the blue text color.

No.
You quit playing games and pretending that this is an accidental world that happened all by itself and that life developed of its own accord even though you don't have a single observed example that nature alone can do such a thing.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:02 PM

Contact these people:

Sure. But I've already done that very thing several times in the last four years. Our prayers are answered and the witches can't counter it.

You're argument is based on a double standard. You think that other gods need proof in order to believe in their existence, yet you think that your god doesn't need proof in order to exist.

That's nonsense. Moses took on the magicians of pharaoh and beat them all. Elijah took on the worshippers of Baal and defeated all of them by himself. Paul took on Simon the scorcerer and brought him down also...all in the power of the only true and living God, the Lord Jesus Christ. The all served the same God...the only God.

So what makes you think that witch power can overcome the Lord?

Last edited by Kirkwhisper; 02-03-2010 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 02-03-2010, 03:14 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
Quote:
Contact these people:

Sure. But I've already done that very thing several times in the last four years. Our prayers are answered and the witches can't counter it.

That's nonsense. Moses took on the magicians of pharaoh and beat them all. Elijah took on the worshippers of Baal and defeated all of them by himself. Paul took on Simon the scorcerer and brought him down also...all in the power of the only true and living God, the Lord Jesus Christ. The all served the same God...the only God.

So what makes you think that witch power can overcome the Lord?

Oh brother...and Mohammed moved a mountain. Right? Hercules cleaned the Augean stables in one day and Mars was the father of Romulus. Their written myths have as much validity as "proof" as the ones you just mentioned for Yahweh.

Sitting Bull had a vision and prophecy that Wakan Tanka promised the Lakota that they would defeat Custer, but the people would suffer if they took the spoils from the white man after the battle. All of that actually happened and is verified. So, do you now believe in Wakan Tanka?

Last edited by Fullback32; 02-03-2010 at 03:27 PM..

Old 02-03-2010, 03:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:

I pray to The Flying Spaghetti Monster (Bless His Noodly Appendages) nearly every night and so far, my prayers have come true!!!

Praise the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!! RAmen!

Old 02-03-2010, 03:25 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
[quote=Kirkwhisper;12742544]
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Contact these people:

So what makes you think that witch power can overcome the Lord?[/quote]
For one, the Wiccans will say that you're talking nonsense and that the Dark Mother and Horned god have answered their prayers. You can't counter the wiccan's claim that the goddess has answered their prayers. Another problem in your argument is that you're assuming the bible is infallible. This has been proven to be false. Just because scripture says Moses did x doesn't mean he really did it. It just means the bible says so. Your whole argument is really just 'my god is better than your god, but I don't have to prove it.'
By witch power I assume you mean magick(emphasis on the added k.) The Wiccan practice of magick is actually very similar to the christian practice of prayer. What makes you think Christian prayer overcomes Wiccan magick. Both are ways people supposedly 'communicate' with divinities. The difference is that you say it proves Jehovah while the Wiccan says it proves the goddess and Horned god.
I don't see why you think that your god is the one true god. Every religion uses the same basic arguments that supposedly confirm the truth of their beliefs, yet none of them have any empirical proof that support their beliefs.
If you claim that x god(or any god) exists, then it is up to you to provide empirical proof, not the other way around.
Side note, you can use the quote wraps to quote multiple parts of a post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality