Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 10:49 PM

714 posts, read 810,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
LOL means laugh out loud. Did you actual find the above comment funny? Weird.

. I found it mildly amusing, poking fun at sports worship. I apologize for making an attempt at modest humor when discussing such a serious matter.....groan (bet youre a lot of fun at parties)

Anyway, I don't particularly follow professional sports, aside from surfing. So no I am no real fan of either the yankees or patriots.

Yes. It is. In fact it is the capital of Georgia.

Yes multiple times. I keep trying to like their aquarium.

you don't say. I had no idea Atlanta was in ga.....do you take everything utterly literal? Didd you not grasp my implication? It'

I don't live in upstate NY. And fyi Atlanta is barely in the top 40 for US cities.

only when populatio measured without outlying suburbs. Please ms nit picker, your pedantic-ness gets stale quickly.

List of United States cities by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I have no idea what a rube is but Atlanta is in Georgia, and thus in the south.

. More stunning news from our smarty smart neighbor to the north....who yet doesnt know the term rube.....are you an American, really?

First, I am not a "Mr.". Second, making things up is making things up. Fabricating statistics is BS. Just because it is common, doesn't make it correct.

sorry missie. My bad but your name is quite androgynous yes? Also, I stand humbled by your great catch of my most insidious lie. Happy now? Oh brother, really? Really?

Yes, which is why its at best a THEORY. Honestly, though given the lack of falsifiability most cosmology is more of a philosophy than science.

. Many atheists tout it as the best answer for the big bang and the "fine tuning" argument. Go scowl at the atheists.

I don't need to debunk christianity. It has no proof. That is like debunking santa

. No proof eh? So the bible is 100% bs? Well, I certainly can't argue with that! LOL. Btw, you must know a lot about Christianity to KNOW that it has NO proof, right? Good for you ms smarty smart.

You have faith in a non god. I have faith in God. You can't prove his non existence, and science is a long from explaining how and why we came about. But please do keep your faith, and I'll keep mine.

If God made himself known, proved he existed to all with no doubt possible, there would be no need for faith or discussion. We would all believe. Thevworld would probably be a much less interesting place. By not doing so, he challenges us to find our way to him.

You might investigate with something other than your brain for a change. Who knows what you might discover.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post

Chekola, M. 2007. Happiness, rationality, autonomy and the good life. Jour Happ Studies

. Oh that settles it. Some obscure "study". Are you the author by chance? Lol.

Another logical fallacy. Ad hominem. Can't disprove anything I say, so instead, you attack me personally. Consistent at least.

. So true. And you NEVER make disparaging remarks about me, right?

Again, definitions matter. Please invest in a dictionary.

Atheist means without belief. Agnostic means without knowledge. Example I am an agnostic atheist because I do not have any knowledge of any deities, and thus have no belief in any. I know, right over your head.

It must strain your brain to communicate with the mentally challenged like moi. So why do you waste your valuable time? Shouldn't you be off curing cancer or inventing new technologies????

More ad homs. I am sure you spend lots of time counting your friends. [FONT

. I have and I used all my fingers and toes. Did you? No counting family, now! Lol

We may not know where life originated from, but we do know what happened to it....
. We do? Evolution at the micro level, all the hopes are plugged? Intelligence and consciousness arose / were created by accident through mutation, all by their little lonesome selves? You certainly are a font of new knowledge. Too bad us rubes are too busy coming up with logical fallacies in our dictionary less homes to know any better....hahahahAha

Old 06-30-2012, 11:11 PM

267 posts, read 215,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
You might investigate with something other than your brain for a change. Who knows what you might discover.
My little toe is involved in an extensive investigation right now.................more at 11.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
My little toe is involved in an extensive investigation right now.................more at 11.
Foot fetishes are discussed on other forums, please.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:23 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,640,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I disagree emphatically that no one can know for sure that God exists. I know to an absolute certainty that the God of the bible exists and that He is our creator. (that is the God of Jacob, the God of Abraham, the Father of Jesus Christ of Nazareth)

dys
Ok. Prove it.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
No proof eh? So the bible is 100% bs? Well, I certainly can't argue with that! LOL. Btw, you must know a lot about Christianity to KNOW that it has NO proof, right? Good for you ms smarty smart.
Uh, you cant actually serious? Harry Potter mentions real places, events, etc. Does that make it fact? I will help you out here. It doesn't

For christianity to be "fact" the bible would have to be 100% true. After all it is the literal word of your skydaddy written down by someone, right? Than either its completely correct of it is just another work of fiction.

Quote:
LOL! Every single though you have had originated in your brain. Now you make it very clear that may not be very many in some cases but it isn't possible to "investigate" anything without your brain. Aren't much of a thinker are you?

Oh and could you please INVESTIGATE the use of the quote button. Ugh.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
Good luck moving it without your brain.

And please, you need not tell us what you are investigating with it. Thanks.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:35 PM

267 posts, read 215,578 times
Quote:
Foot fetishes are discussed on other forums, please.
Oh, so the toe isn't acceptable to you as an alternative to the brain in investigations. Perhaps the stomach or elbow or earlobe? Please enlighten me.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
It must strain your brain to communicate with the mentally challenged like moi. So why do you waste your valuable time? Shouldn't you be off curing cancer or inventing new technologies????

Maybe you are unaware of it but it is in fact Saturday night and as I am babysitting my best friends daughter so said bf can go out for her anniversary dinner, I am not going to be working on my research. She doesn't even have HBO its tragic. Oh and I do not work on cancer, though I have worked on some new technology but nothing recent. Mostly I work on tracking and assessing invasive species and ways to deal with them.

Now since you are completely incapable of using the quote button I am not particularly surprised that you cannot read a clock, but it is a bit past midnight here on the East Coast. Atlanta should be in the same time zone. So really, try looking at a clock once in a while. It might inspire you to use the quote button.
Quote:
We do? Evolution at the micro level, all the hopes are plugged?
Ugh, micro means small. So if you are trying to use the non-scientific term "microevolution" even other christians agree that is happening. It is nothing more or less than allelic frequency changes in a population over some time period. You can measure it directly.

What is plugging hopes? Is that some southern term?

If you mean "hoLes are plugged". Yes, microevolution is a FACT. Breed some peas, you can observe it yourself.

Quote:
Intelligence and consciousness arose / were created by accident through mutation, all by their little lonesome selves? You certainly are a font of new knowledge. Too bad us rubes are too busy coming up with logical fallacies in our dictionary less homes to know any better....hahahahAha
Fine, define intelligence and consciousness and then we will discuss when it arose. And mutation? Please, buy a bio book. Natural selection is just ONE of the mechanisms of evolution, likely not even the most common one.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:43 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,550,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I disagree emphatically that no one can know for sure that God exists. I know to an absolute certainty that the God of the bible exists and that He is our creator. (that is the God of Jacob, the God of Abraham, the Father of Jesus Christ of Nazareth)

dys
So, let's prove or disprove cupids existence for fun. There is a lot of love around proving to me there must be little doubt that he's real, according to your measure. Do you argue this? If you do then you are a hypocrite. If you don't then your God looses credibility. What to do, what to do...............

You can't know anything from the feelings you get. You can only feel what you think it's correct. This is what the op is surely talking about. It feels as if I'm ditching your dreams and feelings because there is no evidence to go on. But, it's not personal, it's just a feeling that I don't feel. Just like you don't feel cupid is responsible for your marriage or relationship. I might be hurt if you didn't because it raises doubt in my own feelings but that doesn't mean anything really. They are just feelings. Nothing tangible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality