Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 11:16 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior king View Post
Nope. Just the odds. Even if there is "some other god, doubtful you get any credit for not believing. Thus we still come out ahead: win lose tie, versus you guys lose lose tie.

Fear doesn't create real faith. People come to what ever decision they come to on their own. Don't you know, torture, i.e. coercion, doesn't work, ala water boarding. Ho hum

How about the atheist pitch? If you believe in god, you're an ignorant sap, be holding to cultural intimidation and indoctrination and, of course, the bigotry, hatred and war mongering that is inherent to all religion. In other words, belief in god implies you're a hateful bigoted, ignorant dumbass. Does that about sum why someone should be an atheist and not a theist, AN? "All the smart, good folks are atheists, everyone else is an a--ho--". Right? Harhar

That should be the atheist tag line.
Actually, Christians are such a diverse group it's hard to have a "one size fits all" assumption of them. I only know for sure they pray, think a God exists who will save them, and probably not me, and therefore look down on me as a small minority that lacks consideration when issues of the country are at hand. I know they organize, be what ever denomination weekly. Most I know use influence in government, and charity. They follow high up religious leaders who give them advise on what or who they should be concerned with if they are "said" religion.

I have a few general assumptions that I apply but due to the vast differences each Christian based religion encompasses it's difficult. It would depend further if you were, Jehovahs Witness, Mormon, Catholic(Lutheran), Evangelist, Protestant, Born Again Christian, or those ones who believe 144 thous. will pop off the earth at sometime in the near future. I try to stick to your similarities when I assume something.

It gets very difficult from my view, not believing in any of it, because you hate each other and to assume one thing about you that is from another becomes an insult rather quickly. It would be like you insulting someone who speaks a different language because you don't speak it with familiarity.

I've even met some Christians, I think they were Catholic, that got really angry when I said Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses were considered Christian at all. It's difficult territory. I usually steer clear in person. The one thing I've notice through them all is, they can get angry and insulting really fast. Just like you and other Christians on here. I'm not sure why, I assume it's because you think we are the devils children.

Last edited by PoppySead; 07-08-2012 at 11:28 AM..

Old 07-08-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
and you are whining about my (non) whining.

Atheists here do nothing but stereotype Christians. Please.

Atheists here complain constantly that religios messaging makes them feel persecuted, victimized and forlorn. it's practically their religion!!!'!!!!!!
I guess you'd see it as whining. This is the point though, and it's the main reason Christians lack respect. Other people have legitimate concerns, and you call them whiners. It's not just atheists either. I've heard many a Christian say it about Black rights, Gay rights, Women's rights, it's rude and no where near the classification of kind or loving.

You are always saying, live by example to show your faith and gain followers of Jesus. It's just odd, looking at a thread like this and hearing how rude and ignorant of others Christians can be.

So, the contradiction of your example as a Christian gets a bit nauseating. If you represent your God, and the lifestyle it projects then why on earth would I be interested in it any way? In reality I assume you don't care if I'm interested or not. Therefore you don't put the happy, shinny face on for atheists like you do someone who might convert. That's what I get from it.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Stupidity is just irritating to smart people. Imagine dealing with children all day and never being around anyone at an adult level, that's how normal people feel around Christians. I don't hate any religious people but stupidity is annoying like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Yes, I agree. A stupid atheist is just as annoying. I've met some pretty well spoken Christians but on here you get a lot that could use a little more spelling practice and a little less home grown pull the baby talk and insults out of the bag debating.

It makes carrying on a conversation difficult when someone gets angry at you for "NOT" talking like you just crawled out of a camper parked in your cousins back yard. I am guessing they perceive lack of insults and good grammar as pompous and whiny. That's what I'm getting from this thread anyway.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
No whining here. Just boredom with your weak (non) rebuttle.

Im quite sure theists know what atheists don't believe in. Why you think that we don't I have no idea.

Atheists complain all the time about religious messaging. Be careful how much you message about atheism. Otherwise its a pot kettle thing, huh.
We simply want the same rights. You can put up your messages and so can we. In the same places, if they are public. What's wrong with that?
You put up a scene of a baby Jesus, I put up a billboard saying I don't believe it. None issue, right?
Nobody is telling you to take them down. It's public space.

Now, if you are going to allow us into the government, as you've snuck in, then great!!!
If you are not, you aren't allowed there either in my opinion and I will do what ever it takes using the American constitution to remove you from it. Do you have a problem with that?

Old 07-08-2012, 05:09 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
The attraction (and repulsion) is that it is something people are buying into while others who look on with astonishment as they pretzel themselves and often ruin their lives for nothing. It's not just Christianity.

If nothing harmful ever resulted from Christianity (or other religion/cult/group/etc) nobody would care, but we all know it happens regardless of the original intent of the religious founder. People ARE stupid so just put anything in their hands and watch the show....

Old 07-08-2012, 05:13 PM

311 posts, read 605,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
stereotyping are false stuff used to describe people. Christians on this forum constantly use circular reasoning and logical fallacies repeating the same things over and over and over no matter how much time they are being debunked

atheists only complain about the religious forcing their beliefs on schools, the government and using laws to force it on them
Why do Christians needs to be persecuted all the time even here in America because of the tiny minority of nonbelievers who tries to shovel their secular nonbelief in our throats

Sorry but we will never let the tiny minority get away with our faith. You guys already took away prayers from public schools, which was a big deal for most of us. Thank God we are strong and will fight anything that the minority tries and do persecute us.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:57 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
Why do Christians needs to be persecuted all the time even here in America because of the tiny minority of nonbelievers who tries to shovel their secular nonbelief in our throats

Sorry but we will never let the tiny minority get away with our faith. You guys already took away prayers from public schools, which was a big deal for most of us. Thank God we are strong and will fight anything that the minority tries and do persecute us.
I don't know. Why did Christians, be they Spanish, English or American, feel the need to suppress and outlaw native religions? Why did Christians feel the need to force us to convert to your religion when we had our own that we were/are quite happy with? Maybe what you are sensing is the circle closing itself on you. If it is, you people have brought it upon yourselves.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:33 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Quote:
Atheists are simply superior logic.
Thank you for admitting it Either that or you are incapable of putting together a sentence, which is it

Old 07-08-2012, 08:12 PM

32 posts, read 24,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Thank you for admitting it Either that or you are incapable of putting together a sentence, which is it
It's called irony hoss. You should upgrade your sarcasm detection skills. FYI that was also sarcasm.

Btw, I was an English major at a highly regarded liberal arts university. There were no bonus points for believing in god.

Thanks for admitting you are confused. But it was already pretty obvious....

Also, Im writing on an iPad. Sometimes I sacrifice grammar or speling for speed. Get over it.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post

Well now we see the real message Christians like you have gotten from Jesus. Don't let the tiny minorities get in your way, fight them and win, win, win for Jesus!!

Do you even read that book you base your whole life and after life on? Or do you just like the goodie bag and free wishes? I can see why some Christians on here are leaving the majority of religions and adopting their own versions. You guys are getting a bit to selfish to call yourself a Christian. It must turn a lot of good people off.

How is taking prayer out of public schools persecuting you? I'd love to hear it! Can't you pray at home, or to yourself at school without making the entire school take a break for it? School children who really need to pray at school have 2 breaks and a lunch to pray at. Even at their desks they can pray.

If you can't raise your children with your faith based on what you teach them at home, that's the weakness of your religion IMO. It's not because we took forced prayer time out of public school. Get over it. More is coming. You've outstepped your bounds. Your going to have to start living like the rest of us Americans do whether you like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality