U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 03:13 PM

535 posts, read 1,678,324 times
Default How do you know your religion is the RIGHT religion?

I think about 95% of the world population believes in some form of a higher being. I myself believe in God.

My question for you is, how do you know your religion is the right religion? With so many religions out there, how do you know yours is right?

Also, have you ever doubted your religion?

No mean to cause any controversy. I just want to hear people's opinions about this subject.

I know my religion is the right religion because everything makes sense. Not that other religions don't, I just have a feeling in my heart that it is the right religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 03:26 PM

3,773 posts, read 6,759,430 times
I don't put my trust in religions,I put my trust in God the Father,His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit that dwells within me.Religions were made for man for His benefit.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:32 PM

6,948 posts, read 15,934,590 times
What's RIGHT for one person, is not always right for another. Whatever suits you, is the right one for you.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:40 PM

55,405 posts, read 11,680,631 times
If you fee comfortable with your religion then it's the right one,it comes from deep within your heart your soul. You don't need to ask anyones opinion.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:00 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,618,584 times
I have never doubted my love for God, although I have doubted my religion (catholic) and it's philosophies. Then on the other hand, I haven't found another church that suits me right either.
I guess I will just keep my faith in God.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:40 PM

12,374 posts, read 14,513,353 times
I don't think any one religion is the right religion..I spent too many years trying to find the right religion..I finally realized that I was not getting anywhere by trying to follow mans interpertation of God and his Son and how to spend eternity with them. I had to let go of everything I knew and everything I had been taught, and started over with just me and the spirit within me guiding, teaching and showing me...What a journey it has been to get to the point I am today in an up close and personal relationship with Him, His Son and the Spirit within me..The peace I have, my unquestioning faith and my love and acceptance of people with different religions has shown me that finally my religion is right for me, and God is pleased

Old 09-28-2007, 04:57 PM

8,640 posts, read 14,278,087 times
Well, I have said this a few times on this forum, but for me, if you read the gospels, I think that the character of Jesus just resonates with truth. I think He is a very "unexpected" character, one whose character and personality would be difficult to invent. For this and other subjective reasons, I think Christianity is the right religion, and since Jesus said He was the only way to the Father, I have to believe Him on this too. Otherwise, I could just say "whatever floats your boat" but that is not the contention of Biblical Christianity. That may sound narrow, but sometimes truth is narrow.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:25 PM

264 posts, read 545,409 times
This may sound simplistic but it's really why I do....FAITH.

Have I ever doubted? I've doubted sometimes that God was listening or that He cared for me but, no, I've never doubted that He existed or that Jesus is who He said He is.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:32 PM

20,003 posts, read 20,289,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I don't put my trust in religions,I put my trust in God the Father,His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit that dwells within me.Religions were made for man for His benefit.
I agree 100% with this. I believe the Bible is God's word and Jesus said He is the only way to Heaven and that is what I believe. I have never doubted what I believe, ever.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:44 PM

3,540 posts, read 4,126,327 times
Although I ended up converting to the Catholic Church, I remember reading that C.S. Lewis joined the Anglican Church because it was the closest to his house.
Perhaps I'd be a reformed pentecostal messianic Jew, if that had been close to my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality