U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 AM

26,979 posts, read 20,096,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
It's not just the Christians that are against same sex marriage.

Most people over the age of around 40 seem to have an issue with it - as this was never an option until recently.

To put it simply, same sex marriage is just an illogical gimmick.

PC liberal ideology having its way.

rather like the idea of 'divorcing' one's parents.

Now it may say 'marriage' on the certificate but most people see it as a joke, even though they may not admit this in the open.
I'm Christian and past 50, and I have no problem with gay people getting married.

I do have issues with people stereotyping.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:59 AM

16,239 posts, read 18,727,181 times
Marriage is a religious institution, that's why. I don't think many people have any issue with civil unions for gay people.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 AM

6,382 posts, read 4,981,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
One issue is that if it is legally sanctioned as "marriage", then the next step will be to force churches that don't believe in same sex marriage to marry, because it is legal in that state and churches would then be breaking the law. IMO, this will happen...

Anyway, not everybody can get married. You can't marry your sister or brother even though you might love them, so it's not about love, or else every relationship would have to be open for marriage. You can't marry more than one woman/man at a time or else you are a bigamist and breaking the law.

What happens if gay marriage is legal and some gays don't want to get married. Do they then still get all the benefits...one of the big arguments was that they should get benefits because they can't legally get married. So if two heterosexuals don't want to get married either, do they get all the benefits same as a gay couple who doesn't want to get married? I'd say then that heterosexual couples should get all these benefits as well, married or not. Most of this isn't at all about love, it's about money.

Remember, California has defeated the gay marriage bill twice now...as well as most other states, because it is a very complicated issue. Nobody is trying to keep people from being together...I think most people are OK with a civil union.
I don't know of anything to suggest that this could ever happen. No church HAS to perform a marriage. A minister can choose to do no marriages, or can pick and choose which ones to perform.

As a parallel, if such a thing could happen to a church, find something to prove that churches back in the 1950's were forced to perform interracial marriages. I'm not wasting my time looking, but I'm thinking you won't find any.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:09 AM

1,168 posts, read 573,907 times
WHy Do Gay People insist on being altenates?...and forcing their beliefs of detramental lifestyles and their ways on the church or Houses of God or houses of the Holy?..when God already spoke about this practice?....and said it is a abomonation to him...never mind us who have been decieved....and In making this legal wedlock of theirs manditory practice...it should be done by those who made it legal...not the Churches that stand with God...as why would anyone want to bring this into God's house, and ask blessings over it?....if God already said he finds it abomonable?..and it should be put to death.....?

Now Jesus says Let em be....and in the other hand they also have to let the Righteous be, and the Holy Be...Yes?...So stop instigating this infighting...and live...in peace...and be happy with that accomplishment.
Breaking down the Holy and the house of God, for your sexual pleasure is not a bright Idea...oh I see woe and wrath...big time...and it seems to be paralleling the movement for Gay and lesbian and others plight for this kind of thinking and actions onto the churches......The gates of hell shall not prevail over God....When do you people learn that truth?

Old 07-26-2012, 07:34 AM

6,382 posts, read 4,981,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
WHy Do Gay People insist on being altenates?...and forcing their beliefs of detramental lifestyles and their ways on the church or Houses of God or houses of the Holy?..when God already spoke about this practice?....and said it is a abomonation to him...never mind us who have been decieved....and In making this legal wedlock of theirs manditory practice...it should be done by those who made it legal...not the Churches that stand with God...as why would anyone want to bring this into God's house, and ask blessings over it?....if God already said he finds it abomonable?..and it should be put to death.....?

Now Jesus says Let em be....and in the other hand they also have to let the Righteous be, and the Holy Be...Yes?...So stop instigating this infighting...and live...in peace...and be happy with that accomplishment.
Breaking down the Holy and the house of God, for your sexual pleasure is not a bright Idea...oh I see woe and wrath...big time...and it seems to be paralleling the movement for Gay and lesbian and others plight for this kind of thinking and actions onto the churches......The gates of hell shall not prevail over God....When do you people learn that truth?
Assuming a person is not a believer of the Bible, why should he respect your views of anything? Does your opinion allow these people to be married by a judge or a justice of the peace? That way they would not be "defiling" your church. Have any same-sex couples tried to coerce you to adopt their lifestyle? (I didn't think so.) Has a same-sex couple tried to force your church to perform their wedding? What action has been deceptive to you? What is mandatory about gay or lesbian weddings? Your post seems full of hateful views and accusations that I doubt you can back up.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Assuming a person is not a believer of the Bible, why should he respect your views of anything? Does your opinion allow these people to be married by a judge or a justice of the peace? That way they would not be "defiling" your church. Have any same-sex couples tried to coerce you to adopt their lifestyle? (I didn't think so.) Has a same-sex couple tried to force your church to perform their wedding? What action has been deceptive to you? What is mandatory about gay or lesbian weddings? Your post seems full of hateful views and accusations that I doubt you can back up.

Well...The church is based on God and God's words and will....Supposedly...and the wedlock is performed by a High priest or clergy of that house.....So one must conform to the laws, commandments, and precepts of the House, and the God head...and the Clergy are to purify the two, in baptismal...before hand...and Put a blessing over (through God)...

Now if the Government is legalizing this Gay wedlock...then they should preside over it....as it is with them.

Gay people attacking the House of God, and the laws and precepts of God...and forcing change in something that is specifically not for them...as they do not remake Adam And Eve...as mated pair...to eventually restore, put back, what they took ...repent..be forgiven,..and allowed back into heaven...EDEN Restored..."Because of you it is like this"...and because of them making it untame..and in death...God sent em into it...to fix that error....correct it...restore it...Give it back...Jesus said it to..."Give onto God what belongs to God"....do it sinlessly..in the love of God.....

Yes?...that is what the wedlock is for...but they do not do, nor do they honour the ideal....
And most people who marry forgotten about the service in the Garden...and because of $$$..IDOL....they are never sinless....so they cannot reverse the curse Death, nor restore in the opposite way in which it was taken....So...round and round we go.....Gay and Lesbian and others...are not of that form of originality.....male being male, and female being female.....the breakdown or mutations of the self could be due to atomic intervention on the brain....perhaps?...but in any light of arguement.....I do not have to believe in their plight....and I will stand By God's word as being the best possible answer for the survival of Humankind.....without science playing demiGod..or interupting and tampering with Nature...Genetically modified or not...it does not solve the equation of death...it is death...and that I do not believe is constant...if we go to biblical accounting...God is eternal...and so some where there is a door to the truth of that God...and it does not lie with same sex...that is a dead end naturally speaking....And so Male and female are a mated Pair...and nothing anyone or anything by law or other hand of underhandedness or lies...is going to make truthful or stand as a testement of some merit...when God says something..it is always...it does not change.....But if we kill them...then that sin also condems us....So Jesus perfects something in the law concerning Killing or murdering them...As God said to do...The commandment thou shall not murder...is to all...and so Jesus says..."Let the filthy be Filthy, the Evil Be Evil, The holy be Holy, and the Righteous still do Right...My rewards are with me"......Now you say you do not believe..or some may not believe....But I do...and I have a right in righteousness to honour others...as I also want to be honoured......So I do not trash the religious order, I hate not my enemies...I try to Do Good..and most importantly I try to fulfill God's word and will....and in trying it out...I find reason...when I look at the bent world...and then Woe and wrath and plagues and pestilences....surely note worthy states of being in most parts of the world....who do not believe, or are making errors in breaking the word and will of God....Hence proof by way of opposites is now in play...draw you lines to that...and then tie them to Biblical prophecy..and God's word on what to do, how to do it, and when , and most importantly Why~~ the why nots are all before you as a testement.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:32 AM

16,311 posts, read 13,844,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
It's not necessarily a biblical view, but same-sex marriage is just an abomination of nature.

This is just straightforward logic.
No, it's just straightforward ignorance about nature.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 AM

39 posts, read 88,125 times
I don't think it's unique to Christians like you suggested on here. Why shouldn't Brothers and Sisters get married? Where is the line and who decides for a society?
Marriage is for man and woman, to have and raise children, so as, to further the human species. There is even pleasure to help this survival action along. Whatever survival action there is in homosexuality, it does nothing to further mankind. (non survival purpose)
Why would a society trying to survive and with some important social issues even consider such a thing as homosexual marriage? I would not only speak out against such nonsense, but would hope that society would be more rational than to consider it in the first place. JMO

Old 07-26-2012, 09:25 AM

Some one said it is ignorant about nature?....well they claim this Gaydome traight is natural...But I say if one follows most of those who do this act....usually they are learning as infants learn....once they get it right....they do not turn back...and that is usually true...what influences them to do this?...Evil...or ...Sin...it is not just with Humans..it is with all living things God made....why?...."because of you it is like this"...God said to Adam and Eve....so to right the wrong...God sent them into their error...to correct it...put it back the way it was...restore Acts 3:21 and knowing the Good God made...righteousness is with that instructional educational word....the law or commandment makes one sinless enough to reverse the curse of death....and Give back to God what belongs to God....repentance gains forgiveness, and understanding is made known....EDENS are the Multiple of EDEN...."God has many"...how many do we have?...ah..still not learnt..or playing ignorant to the truth?...yah...there is no merit in Gaydome...and bashing people and calling em bigots and such...Just doesn't wash off the bloodsoaked nations...it condems them~Woe, Wrath, Plague, and pesilences...more suffering with less produce~~...why? ...because of ignorance Of God word and will....Stop doing it...SIN and Evil...and it will get better....

I wonder why a society or ideology (democracy) puts people into prison for growing plants (as God said to tend to the garden) or makes war on others doing the same...or murders others doing the same.....while allowing or legalizing Postitution, Gays and lesbians and others out of form...holding crime and corruption in its very body of governance...making these oddly outlandish laws contray to God's will and or word.....I wonder why?...but surely see the results coming....more suffering cost more, makes more profits...as the cost goes up~~to live in that sin and Evil....eh?....

Well some may see it too late...as the twisters take away their livelyhood...same as this Democracy has made war on and taken away others livelyhood....and the suffering begins~again~

Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 AM

26,979 posts, read 20,096,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handfull View Post
I don't think it's unique to Christians like you suggested on here. Why shouldn't Brothers and Sisters get married? Where is the line and who decides for a society?
Marriage is for man and woman, to have and raise children, so as, to further the human species. There is even pleasure to help this survival action along. Whatever survival action there is in homosexuality, it does nothing to further mankind. (non survival purpose)
Why would a society trying to survive and with some important social issues even consider such a thing as homosexual marriage? I would not only speak out against such nonsense, but would hope that society would be more rational than to consider it in the first place. JMO
It could be argued that homosexuality furthers mankind in that they are far more unlikely to procreate. The planet's resources are becoming strained to the point where tens of thousands each day die of starvation. Perhaps a certain percentage of the population being born gay is nature's way of mitigating some of that.

Also interesting that the concern about same-sex marriage is far greater to some than the concern about those 20,000 people who starved to death while you were sleeping last night. Or the next batch who will die today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.