U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Would you want to spend eternity with God? It's not about heaven or hell. Would you want to be aroun
Yes 14 32.56%
No 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2012, 07:26 AM
 
Location: USA
15,889 posts, read 8,050,694 times
Reputation: 2094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have done a wonderful job of exposing the irrationality in the beliefs of so many who apparently do not EVER question what they have been taught in the "precepts and doctrines of men," Pleroo. No sane person could question those things and love the irrational contradictory God you have exposed so clearly. God is Love and we are His children. Nothing that would be irrational for a loving Father to do to His children would EVER be something God would do to any of us, period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
Because, as he explained, the idea that it's 'forgiveness' in the sense you wish it to be, is absurd.

It is irrational and absurd. And I believed it for 40+ years too long. So, my feelings about the "Judeo-Christian" god, as espoused by the majority of Christianity, are less than charitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-03-2012, 12:34 PM
 
12,780 posts, read 15,208,940 times
Reputation: 14717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_loves_to_cook View Post
What are your thoughts and feelings about the Judeo-Christian God? Instead of talking about religions and Christians, share your true thoughts about God just like you'd describe someone you know, or kinda know.
I've heard a lot about "him", but we've never met.....any time I've called "him" he doesn't even bother to answer or acknowledge me...I've heard "he" can perform miracles, but I've never seen it...."he" takes credit for all the good things, and turns his back on the bad,... no help at all,.... he can't be counted on....my friends are more help than "him",, and they don't expect me to act a certain way to please them.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Status: "Making America Great Again!" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
16,100 posts, read 8,741,192 times
Reputation: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
Because, as he explained, the idea that it's 'forgiveness' in the sense you wish it to be, is absurd.
Mystic has taken bits and pieces of Jesus' recorded words and constructed the real "precepts of men". He conveniently leaves out the passages where Jesus confirms the coming wrath of God upon all who reject His salvation. God is love and judgement. He doesn't care about fitting into your "logic".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 PM
 
39,226 posts, read 26,348,716 times
Reputation: 5986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Mystic has taken bits and pieces of Jesus' recorded words and constructed the real "precepts of men". He conveniently leaves out the passages where Jesus confirms the coming wrath of God upon all who reject His salvation. God is love and judgement. He doesn't care about fitting into your "logic".
Jesus Christ DID the saving of our entire species from its inadequacies (sins). WE have nothing to do with it . . . so there is NO LOGICAL way for us to lose it either. WE will face consequences for our actions in this life . . . but we are already "saved as by fire." Judgment is a carnal concern of carnal men with carnal revenge and vengeance as their motivation. God has nothing to do with such carnal thinking. God is LOVE, period. We may not understand how to love our enemies . . . but God does and Jesus proved it. That love will not prevent us from the consequences of our lives here . . . but it certainly is more than enough to insure that we will be with God after our death and rebirth as Spirit. Our un-loving "works" and the evils that we do will not survive the rebirth and "consuming fire" of God . . . but WE will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Status: "Making America Great Again!" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
16,100 posts, read 8,741,192 times
Reputation: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus Christ DID the saving of our entire species from its inadequacies (sins). WE have nothing to do with it . . . so there is NO LOGICAL way for us to lose it either. WE will face consequences for our actions in this life . . . but we are already "saved as by fire." Judgment is a carnal concern of carnal men with carnal revenge and vengeance as their motivation. God has nothing to do with such carnal thinking. God is LOVE, period. We may not understand how to love our enemies . . . but God does and Jesus proved it. That love will not prevent us from the consequences of our lives here . . . but it certainly is more than enough to insure that we will be with God after our death and rebirth as Spirit. Our un-loving "works" and the evils that we do will not survive the rebirth and "consuming fire" of God . . . but WE will.
Just enough Scripture to sound good, but ultimately the "precepts of men".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 AM
 
434 posts, read 288,135 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Mystic has taken bits and pieces of Jesus' recorded words and constructed the real "precepts of men". He conveniently leaves out the passages where Jesus confirms the coming wrath of God upon all who reject His salvation. God is love and judgement. He doesn't care about fitting into your "logic".
If he isn't logical then either he does not exist, or he's simply random and capricious. His love is not real, then. Because he will not follow what you know about 'love'.
Human love, in it's highest form, doesn't keep track of slights and crimes. God does. Therefore, not love. And let's not destroy your argument utterly by bringing in the eternal torture of Hell.

If it doesn't fit the definition, you don't get to use the word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 12:45 AM
 
35,121 posts, read 39,599,081 times
Reputation: 61989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_loves_to_cook View Post
What are your thoughts and feelings about the Judeo-Christian God? Instead of talking about religions and Christians, share your true thoughts about God just like you'd describe someone you know, or kinda know.

I just wrote about this a bit in the blog I posted about 45 minutes ago. The short version is I believe in God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Status: "Making America Great Again!" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
16,100 posts, read 8,741,192 times
Reputation: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
If he isn't logical then either he does not exist, or he's simply random and capricious. His love is not real, then. Because he will not follow what you know about 'love'.
Human love, in it's highest form, doesn't keep track of slights and crimes. God does. Therefore, not love. And let's not destroy your argument utterly by bringing in the eternal torture of Hell.

If it doesn't fit the definition, you don't get to use the word.
You, like many here, discount God's Holiness. Without the blood of Christ, humans remain eternally seperated from God. It is only through faith in Christ's redemptive work that we can "cross over" into the presence of Holy God. John 3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
1,807 posts, read 2,149,350 times
Reputation: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You, like many here, discount God's Holiness. Without the blood of Christ, humans remain eternally seperated from God. It is only through faith in Christ's redemptive work that we can "cross over" into the presence of Holy God. John 3
Stockholm Syndrome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 11:38 AM
 
39,226 posts, read 26,348,716 times
Reputation: 5986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You, like many here, discount God's Holiness. Without the blood of Christ, humans remain eternally seperated from God. It is only through faith in Christ's redemptive work that we can "cross over" into the presence of Holy God. John 3
To be so close to understanding and yet so far because of the corrupting "precepts and doctrines of men" about the true nature of our loving God. Our canal ancestors could not conceive of a truly loving God. All they ever had was fallible human rulers. It is Christ's achievement of God's consciousness (Holy Spirit) within a HUMAN consciousness that prevents our ever being eternally separate from God. It is the shedding of His blood IN PURE LOVE for us ALL ("No greater love..." even for His tormentors and murderers) . . . NOT to appease God's anger and vengeance with humanity!! It is His resulting death . . . that resulted in His human Spirit being reborn as Spirit (Holy Spirit). ALL human consciousness since Christ now has His Holy Spirit abiding with us connecting us to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top