Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you want to spend eternity with God? It's not about heaven or hell. Would you want to be aroun
Yes 19 31.67%
No 41 68.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 06:15 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts and feelings about the Judeo-Christian God? Instead of talking about religions and Christians, share your true thoughts about God just like you'd describe someone you know, or kinda know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 07:44 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Hmm...

God who created all.

God who created the process by which I exist.

God who set up the world with a freewill nature. So good and bad happen. Both in Human affairs and nature.

God who created beauty and love, yet allows evil and disaster. Kinda interesting.

Well here's the deal. As I see it I have two choices. One, I don't like God, because of what I see. Two I say OK God, you're the boss and I am cool with that. I go with option two. I see God as the source of all that is good and Love, yet he does stuff that doesn't fit with the 21st century mindset. And with that said, God is personal and relational. Like a really infuental friend that can make stuff happen. Yet we can chat.

Kinda complex.

Honestly, this thread belongs in the Christian section. You're gonna get a lot of God hater responses. What's funny is they are gonna hate on something they don't believe is real. Kinda irrational if you ask me. I don't waste my time on hating things like Trolls and Faireys. Or Pink Unicorns and the Spaghetti Monster.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Since all of the Abrahamic faiths worship the same God(swt) I feel it is permitted for me to add my thoughts.

I believe the greatest part of the gift of eternity is to spend eternity in the presence of God(swt) anything else is just extra. The eternal being with God(swt) is essentially what I seek.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:41 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
I agree with Mr5150. I love the Lord Jesus, and long to see Him face to face.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:40 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Which god are you talking about? There are supposedly hundreds of them. None of them proven

Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 PM

707 posts, read 687,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Which god are you talking about? There are supposedly hundreds of them. None of them proven
There's only one. The One who created you.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:42 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Yawn...

Seems you didn't read the OP.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,894,177 times
I know the original post said to think about living eternally with the Judeo-Christian god. The problem for me is, how I'd feel about living with him is entirely dependent on what he is like, were he to exist. And if you consider all of the religions and denominations who proport to believe in the God of the Abraham (i.e., Jews, Muslims, Christians, and within those groups you've got Orthodox Jews and Sunni Muslims and Baptists and Mormons and and and...) And all of them describe this god of Abraham differently and believe their description of him is supported by scripture AKA the Word of God.

I can't give you an answer about how I'd feel living with him if I don't know which of the many iterations of him you are asking about.

I can tell you one thing. If the god you are asking about sends people to hell for not believing in him, I want absolutely nothing to do with him. I condemn him and would happily suffer anguish in hell rather than be anywhere near the horrible tyrant.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_loves_to_cook View Post
What are your thoughts and feelings about the Judeo-Christian God? Instead of talking about religions and Christians, share your true thoughts about God just like you'd describe someone you know, or kinda know.
God is all powerful and omniscient. I can't say I understand God. I am sometimes amazed at all the things that happen around us. Sometimes, I wonder what sort of "sense of humor" God has, for lack of a better word.

As for heaven and hell, I think I've voiced elsewhere that I don't need streets paved with gold, and I don't feel I've done anything to warrant the lake of sulfur and fire. For me, the best LONG NIGHT'S sleep of my life would be acceptable.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,894,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
What's funny is they are gonna hate on something they don't believe is real. Kinda irrational if you ask me. I don't waste my time on hating things like Trolls and Faireys. Or Pink Unicorns and the Spaghetti Monster.
I don't hate god because I don't believe he exists. I do hate the concept of a hateful god and that some people believe in a hateful god and try to abuse others through that belief. Take the Westboro Baptists for instance with their "God hates ****" signs. How can you not hate the concept of that hateful god and that people would use to oppress and verbally abuse others?

We don't hate a god we don't believe in, but we do hate a hateful concept created by men and used to oppress.

You don't run into that kind of problem with fairies and trolls, now do ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality