Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,944,941 times

Advertisements

The Christian Bible has numerous quotes from Jesus stating that he is "The Son of God and Messiah".

The Quran and Islam says that Jesus was only a Prophet and when asked by Allah directly if he (Jesus) made such claims, Jesus denied it.

And, Judism and the Jews basically say that the Jesus was an imposter and lunatic deserving of death on the cross; And that the true Messiah has not come to Earth to redeem the children of Israel.

Which account do you believe? Is this entire story about Jesus simply a myth or story from the ancient past? If that is true, then Christianity would probably qualify as worlds greatest fabrication.

Agree or Disagree?

Old 02-19-2008, 10:47 AM

1,565 posts, read 4,303,197 times
I think a lot of what you just said was flat out factually wrong, not even going into the gray area.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:52 AM

42 posts, read 117,738 times
im a muslim but i hadnt really thought about that. so being biased i will say islam is right lol

Old 02-19-2008, 10:54 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,410,074 times
This person is just a troll. None of his statements are correct. They're just looking to start a flaming war.

Nice try though.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:59 AM

897 posts, read 2,454,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The Christian Bible has numerous quotes from Jesus stating that he is "The Son of God and Messiah".

The Quran and Islam says that Jesus was only a Prophet and when asked by Allah directly if he (Jesus) made such claims, Jesus denied it.

And, Judism and the Jews basically say that the Jesus was an imposter and lunatic deserving of death on the cross; And that the true Messiah has not come to Earth to redeem the children of Israel.

Which account do you believe? Is this entire story about Jesus simply a myth or story from the ancient past? If that is true, then Christianity would probably qualify as worlds greatest fabrication.

Agree or Disagree?

Judaism was started before the other two religions. Christianity and Islam where spun off the old testament. Now think about this If the Jews are commanded to study there text from a very early age and this is text called the torah was written by them wouldn't you believe that will understand it better.

The Son of God in the old testament means the children of Israel. And the Messiah is supposed to be like Moses and David.

My question to you where does it state in the Old testament that a Demi-God will rule the earth.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:26 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,743,499 times
The atheist judge gives you a 3/10 on the troll meter. Try again!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:25 PM

897 posts, read 2,454,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
The atheist judge gives you a 3/10 on the troll meter. Try again!
Explain the difference in a troll verses what a typically open thread post look like. They all look the same to me. Every one of the threads in here are all the same. One person stated a bold statement and the rest of the group fights over who is right and then the thread dies by 30 to 100 posts.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:30 PM

539 posts, read 1,920,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post

Agree or Disagree?

Um, all of them.

Jesus was a great man and very wise. But so were Confucious, Aristotle, Socrates, Buddha, etc. And this is more or less where I put Jesus in history. Prophet? I don't know if I really believe in prophets. The closest thing we as humans might come to that is the very strange pheonomeon (sp?) of deja vu. But as far as predicting large scale world events years, decades, or even centuries in advance, in full detail? I don't think so.

Religion is used to control people and get them to straighten up and fly right, by any means necessary, usually however the weapon of choice is fear. That's where the whole idea of hell came from. I believe what happened with all great religions is a wise person or philospher (such as a Jesus or Buddha) came along and enlightened and inspired people so much to the point to where they got the crazy idea that somehow this person was God incarnate. And so the religions of the world were born, and logic and reason were thrown out the window.

_

Old 02-19-2008, 12:42 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,303,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Explain the difference in a troll verses what a typically open thread post look like. They all look the same to me. Every one of the threads in here are all the same. One person stated a bold statement and the rest of the group fights over who is right and then the thread dies by 30 to 100 posts.
A troll is a person who creates a thread or post for the sole reason to cause a fight. They always use atleast 50% false statements, or base their argument on a false statement. It usually tries to seperate the people on a forum into multiple (2 or more) groups to argue who is correct and who is wrong. Generally the troll will provide no actual discussion but let everyone in the forum do the talking.

Unfortuantely religion and politics are the most troll worthy, but it can go into any topic really (there are tons of them on IMDB, Youtube, and misc MMORPG sites)

Old 02-19-2008, 01:28 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,158,838 times
Easy answer. They all are lying, lol.

I think the religious here would like to see the text in which all of those statements were written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.