Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 06:34 PM

268 posts, read 275,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You can't kill a person that has never existed. Prove Jesus ever existed outside of the Bible, then we can talk about who killed him.
Jesus does not exist only in the minds of those who chose to deny his existence... it is but a denial.

But the proof of His existence are the Christendom. Billions of people believe in Him and whose lives were changed from darkness into the light... from being lost to being able to know the way and walking in it... from being enslaved by all sorts of sin and vices to being totally free and living a life of contentment and hope... from being bitter and murderous or suicidal into better persons that choose to forgive and do good even to their enemies... etc... etc... if that is not a clear proof of Christ's existence - that He was born, lived with men, did many good and miraculous things, died for the sins of those looking for salvation but got resurrected and went back to heaven to prepare a place for those he saved and is personally returning to take them home whether they are dead or alive... then I don't know what to say to a person who is in a firm state of denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 06:38 PM

To him who does not believe or in a state of denial... no explanation will be accepted.

But to him who believes... no explanation is necessary.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:09 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabalfred View Post
Jesus does not exist only in the minds of those who chose to deny his existence... it is but a denial.

But the proof of His existence are the Christendom. Billions of people believe in Him and whose lives were changed from darkness into the light... from being lost to being able to know the way and walking in it... from being enslaved by all sorts of sin and vices to being totally free and living a life of contentment and hope... from being bitter and murderous or suicidal into better persons that choose to forgive and do good even to their enemies... etc... etc... if that is not a clear proof of Christ's existence - that He was born, lived with men, did many good and miraculous things, died for the sins of those looking for salvation but got resurrected and went back to heaven to prepare a place for those he saved and is personally returning to take them home whether they are dead or alive... then I don't know what to say to a person who is in a firm state of denial.
Like I said, the sun circles the earth.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Like I said, the sun circles the earth.
From the point of view of earthlings - the sun rises from the East and sets in the West - but from the point of view of one who is in space - the sun does not move - only the earth turns.

In the same way, from the point of view of one who is in a denial - Only what he sees will he believe. But from one who knew the real score - he believes because he had experienced the God of the outer and inner space.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:02 PM

From the understanding of those who see death as the end... they don't believe in the resurrection... but for those who see death as the entrance to the next life (whether in heaven or in hell) they believe and they change their way of life...

Christ Jesus was killed by the 10 Suspects (I posted at the beginning of these thread), but He resurrected to prove all His claims and He is coming soon to judge the living and the dead.

But His death was for the purpose of paying the ransom of all who will accept His sacrifice for them. They will live even though they die... but for those who are still alive when He appears in the clouds - the will be caught up (Raptured) and brought to glory alive.

May the death and resurrection of Christ be not in vain in your life.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
....The problem for Matthew is that, the disciples would have got Jesus' body out on the Friday night long bef
My Response:

The Bible does not really blame just the Jews for the death of Jesus Christ... If you would review my first 11 posts - you will find out that there are 10 Suspects in His death... and that included me... and you
While I can commend you for shifting the blame for Jesus' crucifixion from the Jews to all of humanity (thanks for nothing) I cannot commend you for agreeing that that Judaism as a whole is not to blame for being the mechanism for coercing Pilate into crucifying Jesus as represented by Matthew - because you haven't done it.

If you do, the I will leave you to your original -sin- based 'we are all to blame' theology and will go on preaching the gospels of the good news that the Jews (as Jews) had nothing to do with it, since I can assure you that there are not a few here who believe that to be the case, even if they personally do not have any bad feelings about them thereby.

In a recent poll, there were quite a few who thought it was Rome (through Pilate), pushed by the Jews. I think that is unjustified even if the Gospel accounts are given credence, and I don't even buy that.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,956,692 times
Rebellious Jewish leaders

Old 10-25-2012, 01:07 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
From the point of view of earthlings - the sun rises from the East and sets in the West - but from the point of view of one who is in space - the sun does not move - only the earth turns.

In the same way, from the point of view of one who is in a denial - Only what he sees will he believe. But from one who knew the real score - he believes because he had experienced the God of the outer and inner space.
However, it doesn't make any of those "experience" real or factual.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:32 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
However, it doesn't make any of those "experience" real or factual.

You're right to a non-believer it doesn't.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:19 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Quote:

Nice try, albalfred! But... he does not exist, and never has, for me and many of my atheist (but once Christian, btw...) friends. When we examined in detail and critically the reality of his claimed life and history, there were simply too many holes, too much magic and too much of the supernatural.

Plus it was all written by many "prophets", literally years after, with no good "Continuity Editor" on board. It's so obviously a big old story tale.

Sorry: Jesus is an imaginary figment. Reality and thorough history & credibility checks are what really killed Jesus! QED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality