U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:45 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,099,938 times

Advertisements

You sound as excited as my grandkids were about Disney World Are you originally from NC? It is beautiful in the mountains, very similiar to my neck of the woods (and not far)... Will be praying for your mom and the cat and a safe trip

Old 10-08-2007, 08:51 AM

20,055 posts, read 21,104,390 times
No blue, I was born in Texas and raised here, but heart belongs to North Carolina I do feel like a kid when I'm there. Thanks for your prayers! I hope the the altitude change doesn't bother my ear too much!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:58 AM

3,434 posts, read 6,719,114 times
a song for your trip....

YouTube - Shooter Jennings - Gone To Carolina

Old 10-08-2007, 09:07 AM

8,640 posts, read 14,824,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No blue, I was born in Texas and raised here, but heart belongs to North Carolina I do feel like a kid when I'm there. Thanks for your prayers! I hope the the altitude change doesn't bother my ear too much!
Have a great trip! I confess I'm envious! I'd love some cooler temps and fall foliage myself! So what is the "North Carolina" connection? Do ya'll have family there?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:22 AM

7,768 posts, read 9,741,938 times
ILNC, come on out to NC, the weather's getting better all the time. By the end of this week, the highs are supposed to be in the low 70s. It was almost 90 yesterday and that's hot for October in the Old North State.

Drive safe and we'll be praying for mom and cat. If you guys decide you want to try and get together, DM me and I'll see if we can put something together. Otherwise, just enjoy your vacation and anniversary.

As far as the foliage, it's always pretty. Might not be as vibrant as possible, but the mountains are the mountains, ya know?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:27 AM

2,136 posts, read 3,144,470 times
Oh, ILNC, I am sooo jealous!! Would you believe that my husband wants to sell my house! My dream. He said we can't afford to hold onto it until I'm ready to move and my son has 3 more years of high school. I am sure he is right. It was a real struggle this year thinking about leaving him behind with his father. But I am so sad. He promises me that we are still moving, just not into this house. Have a wonderful time! I look forward to the pictures of all the beautiful colors.

And happy anniversary to you and the (2nd) greatest husband in the world.

God bless us all...

Weather...

Old 10-08-2007, 10:17 AM

56,155 posts, read 12,060,442 times
Have a wonderful time there! I miss the autumn leaves,take pictures and share!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 AM

20,055 posts, read 21,104,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Have a great trip! I confess I'm envious! I'd love some cooler temps and fall foliage myself! So what is the "North Carolina" connection? Do ya'll have family there?
No kaykay, no family there, the only people I know there are Alpha and MsCharlotte We just love it there.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:03 PM

3,525 posts, read 5,818,718 times
have a great time!! I still think you should check into getting someone to do your nails while you're there. You NEVER know if you're gonna break one. And then what will you do? Always be prepared my dear sis!!

See my dear CD friends, ILNC and I talk regularly and she has set days when she does her hair and nails. If there is a tropical depression or hurricane she jokingly says that hurricane CANNOT mess with my washin' my hair or my nail appt. She's a hoot!! With a real strong southern accent to go along with it.

Now Miss ILNC you better go get packed up. And stay of City-Data while your gone...I need to catch up with rep points! And yeah, I pushed you over the 1700 mark! Only 100 points 'til you get your gold star there sister. Can we all give her a boost up to her star? She LOVES rep points!!

Old 10-08-2007, 01:21 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,727,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
have a great time!! I still think you should check into getting someone to do your nails while you're there. You NEVER know if you're gonna break one. And then what will you do? Always be prepared my dear sis!!

See my dear CD friends, ILNC and I talk regularly and she has set days when she does her hair and nails. If there is a tropical depression or hurricane she jokingly says that hurricane CANNOT mess with my washin' my hair or my nail appt. She's a hoot!! With a real strong southern accent to go along with it.

Now Miss ILNC you better go get packed up. And stay of City-Data while your gone...I need to catch up with rep points! And yeah, I pushed you over the 1700 mark! Only 100 points 'til you get your gold star there sister. Can we all give her a boost up to her star? She LOVES rep points!!
wow and i got excited when i reached 200 lol

have a great trip ILNC you won't be too far from me either I am in ATL only 4 hours away!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality