Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 02:46 PM

355 posts, read 2,703,157 times

Advertisements

Have you ever skipped church because you did not feel like going or because you are just too tired to get up on Sunday morning ? Lately , I have just not felt going to church and have just been not going . I either do not feel like getting dressed for church or am just too tired . This has been going on for several months and I think my church members are most likely assuming that I will never come back . Is it a sin to not feel like going to church and just not go because you do not feel like it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 02:58 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Don't you think that it is more important that you love God than that you should go to church?

Old 10-08-2007, 03:04 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashcash23 View Post
Have you ever skipped church because you did not feel like going or because you are just too tired to get up on Sunday morning ? Lately , I have just not felt going to church and have just been not going . I either do not feel like getting dressed for church or am just too tired . This has been going on for several months and I think my church members are most likely assuming that I will never come back . Is it a sin to not feel like going to church and just not go because you do not feel like it ?
I wouldn't worry about it. Read a book on evolution during your church hours instead

Old 10-08-2007, 03:06 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
I just recalled a quote that applies to this exact situation:

'Going to church makes you a Christian the way sleeping in a garage makes you a car'.

Religion, in my experience, isn't dependant on being in a certain place at a certain time. It's enjoyable, of course, to join with others of your faith, and convenient if you need help with a spiritual problem, but 'sacred space' can be created anywhere, should you need it.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:08 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Quote:

Sounds like your conscience is trying to tell you something.
I think the question would be best posed to yourself

Old 10-08-2007, 03:09 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. Read a book on evolution during your church hours instead
Or NOT!!!!!!!

The Bible mentions in the book of Hebrews that we should not "forsake the assembling of ourselves with other believers." I think there is reason for that. We need fellow believers for prayer support, for encouragement, practical help sometimes, correction.... the list goes on! AND they need US! I don't think Christianity was ever meant to be a "lone ranger" type plan! We are a community of faith so to speak.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:14 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
If you have an unease about it, then you probably need to go.

But ask yourself another question. Would you start going back because you wanted to be in church? Or because you care about what the other member think?

However, is this tiredness with you all the time? Have you seen your doctor for a good check-up/bloodwork lately? If not, it's pass time to make an appointment. Being too tired to do things can be the first sign of something going wrong.

Hope you feel better soon.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:22 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Church is important, but I don't feel like you have to be there every time the doors are open. Maybe the question should be do I want to go to church. I also think it's more important to "be church" than to go to church.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:25 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Quote:
Sounds like your conscience is trying to tell you something.
I think the question would be best posed to yourself
I often think that sometimes our conscious is shaped by religious leaders that want to plant guilt into our minds. I remember feeling guilty whenever I didn't attent church. I don't anymore. Like Jesus said, "The kingdom of heaven is within." I believe it is more important what you feel inside than to go to church. So you can have that heaven within you.

But like I Love North Carolina said, "Do you really want to go?" And like Padgett wisely said, maybe you would make an appointment to see a doctor if you are tired.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:44 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I often think that sometimes our conscious is shaped by religious leaders that want to plant guilt into our minds. I remember feeling guilty whenever I didn't attent church. I don't anymore. Like Jesus said, "The kingdom of heaven is within." I believe it is more important what you feel inside than to go to church. So you can have that heaven within you.

But like I Love North Carolina said, "Do you really want to go?" And like Padgett wisely said, maybe you would make an appointment to see a doctor if you are tired.
A good examination of conscience would reveal false guilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality