Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 05:19 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

ID is indeed a Creationist sock puppet in a little white lab coat (2), and it is a Genesis -based, Bible literalist young -earth creationist sock puppet. And the Dover hearing found that out soon enough.

Creationism and its scientist - costumed front - man ID is not a scientific theory nor mechanism nor explanation - by the ever -loving cringe, it isn't even a decent hypothesis. It is simply a Bible literalist claim 'Goddunit' - all of it, bolstered up with half -baked (or at least unsound) objections to evolution theory. And that is all it is.

There will be a silver collection at the door.
Great message. The Dover debacle should have been a warning to other school boards and legislators, but they keep on trying to fight a fight that they cannot possibly win. The legal precedents have been set and are rock solid, but the Creationists keep trying to bring a knife to a gun fight, and the wrong fight at that. Evolution and it's associated theories are the Boogie Man, the big threat to the religious mythologies, but evolutionary theory is so unassailable that the attempted attacks are laughable.

Science and evolution should be embraced by theists with no less credibility than the non-flat earth was reluctantly embraced, but some people just don't know when they are beat. Science marches on while creationism just continues to honk its clown horn and howl at the moon. It is pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 AM

775 posts, read 740,807 times
Default I rest my case.

HEY LOOK: WE'RE ON THE SECOND PAGE ALREADY, AND NOBODY HAS EVEN TRIED!

I guess I'll use my hundred imaginary bucks to eat some quality shellfish.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
HEY LOOK: WE'RE ON THE SECOND PAGE ALREADY, AND NOBODY HAS EVEN TRIED!

I guess I'll use my hundred imaginary bucks to eat some quality shellfish.
They can't, because creationism is simply a statement of religious belief. That one link that was presented was laughable. Don't take my word, here is Stephen J. Gould, and no one can question his credentials:

"Scientific creationism" is a self-contradictory, nonsense phrase precisely because it cannot be falsified. I can envision observations and experiments that would disprove any evolutionary theory I know, but I cannot imagine what potential data could lead creationists to abandon their beliefs. Unbeatable systems are dogma, not science. Lest I seem harsh or rhetorical, I quote creationism's leading intellectual, Duane Gish, Ph.D. from his recent (1978) book, Evolution? The Fossils Say No! "By creation we mean the bringing into being by a supernatural Creator of the basic kinds of plants and animals by the process of sudden, or fiat, creation. We do not know how the Creator created, what process He used, for He used processes which are not now operating anywhere in the natural universe [Gish's italics]. This is why we refer to creation as special creation. We cannot discover by scientific investigations anything about the creative processes used by the Creator." Pray tell, Dr. Gish, in the light of your last sentence, what then is scientific creationism?

Stephen J. Gould "Evolution as a Fact and a Theory"

Stephen Jay Gould, "Evolution as Fact and Theory" 1994

Old 10-13-2012, 07:41 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
The science is almost entirely aimed at trying to argue away the evidence for evolution. 'The fossils say no' gives that away right away. There is no 'The fossils say yes to Creation' because there is no evidence fossil or otherwise for it - as you pointed out, Stargoat. The line is always to try to explain away the evidence for evolution and pretend (if they could do it) that 'Goddunnit' is the only possible remaining explanation.

Mystic's line is in fact the better by far - assume that there is a god-designed order in the universe, take it that this god communicates with us through mystical experiences, visions and the like and then hook your own preferred religion onto that. That at least makes a sorta sense.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:53 PM

775 posts, read 740,807 times
I love how no Christians have even tried yet.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
The science is almost entirely aimed at trying to argue away the evidence for evolution. 'The fossils say no' gives that away right away. There is no 'The fossils say yes to Creation' because there is no evidence fossil or otherwise for it - as you pointed out, Stargoat. The line is always to try to explain away the evidence for evolution and pretend (if they could do it) that 'Goddunnit' is the only possible remaining explanation.

Mystic's line is in fact the better by far - assume that there is a god-designed order in the universe, take it that this god communicates with us through mystical experiences, visions and the like and then hook your own preferred religion onto that. That at least makes a sorta sense.
You are dead to me.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:28 AM

230 posts, read 92,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
Related directly to Creationist "Theory".

Not a finding or study attempting to debunk Evolution or Big Bang Cosmology, but one directly supporting Biblical Creationism.

This does not include thought experiments pointing out the "inevitability" of the existence of a deity.

This means actual, scientific findings. Fossil records, geological studies, data from the Hubble Telescope showing empirical signs of a deity or that the universe is 6000 years old, etc.

After all, regardless of how you think Evolutionary Theory is "incomplete" and therefore wrong (even though Relativity is clearly incomplete as well, but nobody denies its validity), it still has empirical evidence. So does the Big Bang Theory. In the latter case, there is a Moderator cut: inappropriate language highly complex mathematics to back the theory up as well.

Presumably, Creationists here are well versed in biological, genetic and astrophysical concepts and have read through, or conducted experiments, observations or calculations to support the existence of their purported deity and the (often very specific) actions that led to the universe's creation, right?

This isn't a maliciously loaded question. You see, any accepted scientific theory could easily pass it in spades. So surely, to Creation Theory, which, unlike gravity or thermodynamics, is purported by its advocates to be complete, perfect and unchangeable, such a question would be casual child's play.

A hundred imaginary bucks say that nobody will ever satisfy the OP's request.

Ill take that hundred bucks.... and it would help pay for our gas when we go on our next fishing trip or missionary foray.

But the problem is I cant use science facts and laws HEREIN as it isn;t allowed. And I am not allowed to present all my evidence charts and postings from the past, whether yesterday or a month ago or twenty years ago, or repost any of my written words that I have ever written because that also is not allowed, as they say they cant discern whether or not I am the true Davidjayjordan.

Nevertheless, my findings have been peer reviewed by a massive number of peer evolutionists and they have never found any scientific errors in my work, and they have no expertise in the spiritual or religious , so YES, its been peer reviewed totally.

Please send my hundred bucks (Ill give you the details of where to send it later)

Do a GOOGLE SEARCH of my name, or of someone called by my name, or go to my profile HERE.

Thanks for the missionary donation. If you have a question, please read the text thoroughly as in this case, you wont be allowed to repost my exact words, or the exact page it was said on. Thanks do keep the rules as breaking them might endanger my temporal stay HERE

Im not HERE for a long time, just a short TIME....

IHCS (IN His Creative Service)

David

Old 08-05-2018, 09:36 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
Ill take that hundred bucks.... and it would help pay for our gas when we go on our next fishing trip or missionary foray.

But the problem is I cant use science facts and laws HEREIN as it isn;t allowed. And I am not allowed to present all my evidence charts and postings from the past, whether yesterday or a month ago or twenty years ago, or repost any of my written words that I have ever written because that also is not allowed, as they say they cant discern whether or not I am the true Davidjayjordan.

Nevertheless, my findings have been peer reviewed by a massive number of peer evolutionists and they have never found any scientific errors in my work, and they have no expertise in the spiritual or religious , so YES, its been peer reviewed totally.

Please send my hundred bucks (Ill give you the details of where to send it later)

Do a GOOGLE SEARCH of my name, or of someone called by my name, or go to my profile HERE.

Thanks for the missionary donation. If you have a question, please read the text thoroughly as in this case, you wont be allowed to repost my exact words, or the exact page it was said on. Thanks do keep the rules as breaking them might endanger my temporal stay HERE

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo

Old 08-05-2018, 09:45 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:

Post a link.

Post a link??

Old 08-05-2018, 10:38 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:

David

I have looked at your site . Anyone with an 8th grade education can debunk your claims . Your claim that you have presented it to scientists who cannot debunk your findings is nothing short of delusional . If this were so every other creationist site like AiG would be promoting it as such .

Your claim is either deliberately deceitful or simply delusional .

I did find where you were chewed up and spit out by the folks at the International Skeptics forum and evidently got yourself banned after throwing some sort of fit though.

Last edited by wallflash; 08-05-2018 at 11:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality