Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 07:15 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times

Advertisements

My father was from far eastern Siberia..the birth place of Shamanism....He was a man who was a mix between Shamanism and Christianity- that is what I am also.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
I SUBMIT: If there exists something that has created matter/energy by way of it's own power, without any assistance...subjects that which it has created to the control of "laws" and "principles"...and provides that which is necessary to maintain and sustain what has been created--THAT'S GOD!!
Not some hocus-pocus man/woman/animal/creature God...but Creator/Source God.

Anyone can "rename" or "relabel" it to whatever else they want to call it...but that doesn't change it. "God" by any other name IS STILL "God".

Old 10-24-2012, 05:35 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,712,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Given the post you are responding to and my previous efforts . . . this continued hostility and irritation is unwarranted and places you in a similar category to KC, et al.
Passive aggressive sniping in place of actual answers to my questions really doesn't do much to make me think that those answers exist.

Last edited by KCfromNC; 10-24-2012 at 06:02 AM..

Old 10-24-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
It is not IN the human brain, Jaymax. I hypothesize that 'dark matter' is produced by the human brain as part of our consciousness
Just a quick check of the math here - how fast would this dark matter have to travel to reach all of the places scientists have observed it? Given that humans have only been around for a few hundred thousand years, depending on where you draw the line, it seems like the answer is going to be a large multiple of the speed of light. It may be possible, but if so it goes against everything we know to be true - which is a strange approach for someone pretending he has scientific consensus on his side.

Quote:
Similarly the content of our consciousness (thoughts and feelings) are not directly measurable by science . . . only their effects.
Can you give an example of anything which is directly measurable? Seems like all we can do for anything is look for the effects. I don't see why pretending consciousness is unique in this area is supposed to prove anything.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
OK . . . it's your turn, Arequipa. I don't know where this distrust and animosity comes from . . . but it is quite unnecessary. Here is my post: Clearly the way I word things seems to cause more confusion than necessary. KC was conflating 1.) the scientific reality of the universal field (which is solid science) with 2.) my plausible and feasible hypotheses about its composition (95+% dark energy/matter), and 3.) my BELIEFS about their character (consciousness of God).
So we don't confuse things in the future : when you say things like "God exists as defined by the known attributes science has discovered for our reality", this is really just a BELIEF of yours and not a statement of scientific consensus, correct?

Also, have you gotten around to digging up some actual scientific references showing your first claim has any validity? You must have missed the question the first few times it was asked.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:49 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Here!

Parrots and Crows Show their Inventive Side WWW.GOODNEWS.WS - YouTube

At lest this shows it was en-route already in our predecessors or contemporaneous co-evolvers. No Godz required to grant us that ability; the "lesser" animals also had it, and they were here long before us!

(@ 1.18: Ohh for an opposable thumb like those damned apes developed! Lucky guys! Oh well, another 2 - 3 million years, and I'll be able to do that too. Genes! Get on with your mutatin', n'Kay?)
That's really cool rifleman!

Old 10-24-2012, 10:03 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times
Quote:
OK . . . it's your turn, Arequipa. I don't know where this distrust and animosity comes from . . . but it is quite unnecessary. Here is my post: Clearly the way I word things seems to cause more confusion than necessary. KC was conflating 1.) the scientific reality of the universal field (which is solid science) with 2.) my plausible and feasible hypotheses about its composition (95+% dark energy/matter), and 3.) my BELIEFS about their character (consciousness of God). I expressly referred to my beliefs in the post and acknowledged that you all pretty much know what they are . . . but they shouldn't be confused with the parts that are solid science or the parts that are hypotheses about that science. That is why I am pointing out which is which, Arequipa. I repeat, I have no agenda and am not being remotely dishonest for ANY reasons . . . faith or otherwise.
Mystic, you are not stupid nor uneducated. If I can see that, rather than explaining that you were trying to place the Universal field theory on a scientific basis as distinct from the God connection (and you know as well as we that there is one, so you semantic angle is VERY suspect) you preferred to accuse him (KC) of a strawman (which it wasn't) and put up a case that we should be able to work out your semantic distinction for ourselves, which we wouldn't entertain for a minute as a legitimate argument, even if it occurred to us, then you can.

What is worse is that, not only are you throwing your remaining credit after that already gone down to tube, you are playing the aggrieved martyr when you really owe our chum an apology for your strawman accusation, all of us another for trying to writhe out of it and yourself a third for not facing the issues honestly and trying to keep an untenable argument going by any means.

It isn't personal or based on dislike. It doesn't even matter to us - nobody is going to want your thesis hung up on the courthouse wall or have it taught in the science class. It is purely an intellectual challenge to get you see that your hypothesis has feasibility as I have often said, but little credibility as I have equally often said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I SUBMIT: If there exists something that has created matter/energy by way of it's own power, without any assistance...subjects that which it has created to the control of "laws" and "principles"...and provides that which is necessary to maintain and sustain what has been created--THAT'S GOD!!
Not some hocus-pocus man/woman/animal/creature God...but Creator/Source God.

Anyone can "rename" or "relabel" it to whatever else they want to call it...but that doesn't change it. "God" by any other name IS STILL "God".
So, what actually would be the difference between this 'God' and nature? If I don't want to call it 'God', why should I? Comparing those who think they ought to sing songs to it and those who don't see any point, which makes most sense?

I fear that a straight honest answer may not be coming from the disciple any more than from the master. I do hope that it won't be the old ad populum appeal.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-24-2012 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Tied myself in knots a bit.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
So we don't confuse things in the future : when you say things like "God exists as defined by the known attributes science has discovered for our reality", this is really just a BELIEF of yours and not a statement of scientific consensus, correct?
No . . . that part is solid science fact it is NOT just a belief. The consciousness part is sound and plausible hypothesis based on known facts. It is the rest of my views that are belief and faith-based from my personal experiences and investigation of the "spiritual fossil record." Those are the ones you and Arequipa (and all my critics) focus on in your misrepresentations of my views. Moderator cut: delete Neither he nor you are willing to recognize or acknowledge any such parsing of my views. You want to place them ALL in the belief category without acknowledging the science behind them. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-25-2012 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: personal attacks

Old 10-24-2012, 12:21 PM

467 posts, read 664,529 times
God, the I AM Presence of each of us, decided we would project ourselves in to the world as a creative experiment:
I AM Presence - God Self - Great I AM

So you see in this picture, the proof of God is our own physical body.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:35 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,515,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
God, the I AM Presence of each of us, decided we would project ourselves

---<snipped out purty picture>---

So you see in this picture, the proof of God is our own physical body.
Well, that certainly wraps it for me. Also, from the web site

"The Word of the Ascended Masters is the ultimate Authority in any question relating to Truth."

In Blue Ink!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality