U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-25-2007, 12:53 PM

659 posts, read 954,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
The problem is that control does not exist, but we have to live with the consequences of our actions.
So, if we do decide that a known rapist has to be returned into society or escapes prison, the blood of his next victim(s) will also be on the hands of our society.

We cannot guarantee anything, but we can prove if someone is a rapist.
The fact that some innocents are convicted of a rape has to do with their legal presentation. The law as a system is not perfect and probably never will be, but we still need it.
Sorry Tricky what I was reffering to was the control issue rapists have themselves, this being thought to be the driver behind the rape.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 01:07 PM

8,532 posts, read 10,627,574 times
No need to be sorry.
Better have an opinion and be wrong than not having an opinion.
And since I don't mind being wrong I've always an opinion.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:10 AM

49 posts, read 52,005 times
you can't kill killing.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by eyeoftheday
Quote:
you can't kill killing.
I'm not trying to kill killing. All I want is to reduce the probability of creating more victims. Not only for the sake of preventing the suffering of future victims, but more for reducing the chance of creating more predators, since many predators were victims themselves.

The simplest way to look at is that predators are like vampires who create more vampires by biting their victims in order to suck the blood out of their victims.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:27 AM

49 posts, read 52,005 times
reducing the probablility is good and nice, everyone feels very calm as long as we are trying our best to kill every killer out there! but this is temporary closure. the problem will never be walked off, the death penalty has been around four -e- ver, and still people find it swell to go out and pay thier visit to the blood buffet. we cant make killing a part of our bag o tricks for fixing society. Governments ( i use this term very generally) are created in the image of thier creator, and if we see it fit that we are all to conduct our selves like the killers we loathe, then we should further incorpoprate this chiasmatic nature into our stone tablets.

but,

if the relationship we have is not a complete carbon copy of the personified state and citizen chromosonal identity aforesaid, then we would create a govrnment whos aims were higher than appeasing the flesh and bones of the people and thier lust for heads-on-platters, than we might end up doing somethingwe could never have dreamed of! we just might influence the minds of the coming generations in a positive manner!

Old 10-29-2007, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by eyeoftheday
Quote:
reducing the probablility is good and nice, everyone feels very calm as long as we are trying our best to kill every killer out there! but this is temporary closure. the problem will never be walked off, the death penalty has been around four -e- ver, and still people find it swell to go out and pay thier visit to the blood buffet.
As long as there are people there will always be good and evil people. Nothing is permanent.
The problem is that some philosophies unwilling to believe this, so they believe in reincarnation, eternity, utopia etc.
Unfortunately the reality is that some problems like serial killing, serial raping and serial paedophilia require permanent solutions.

Quote:
we just might influence the minds of the coming generations in a positive manner!
I don't see the taking of life as something negative.
I eat meat so it is even necessary.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:23 PM

406 posts, read 819,403 times
God does not approve of the killing of anyone for any purpose. Period! If God wanted someone dead so bad, God would take that person his/her self.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Isaysos
Quote:
If God wanted someone dead so bad, God would take that person his/her self
People have no free will?
God approves that there will always be victims of serial predators?
I don't see the logic in your statement; do we not kill rabid dogs because they pose a threat to human society?

I mean there are many people with terminal illnesses so why help them if, according to you, God wants them dead?
Should we stop practicing medical science too?

Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 AM

406 posts, read 819,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Isaysos People have no free will?
God approves that there will always be victims of serial predators?
I don't see the logic in your statement; do we not kill rabid dogs because they pose a threat to human society?

I mean there are many people with terminal illnesses so why help them if, according to you, God wants them dead?
Should we stop practicing medical science too?
Ok, that was not what I was trying to get across at all. I was trying to stress that people that say they kill "in the name of God" are going against God. I think that if someone was to kill someone, that would not be what God wanted. If he did want that, why wouldnt God end that persons life anyway. Yes there are crazy murders and people that kill for stupid reasons, but that is not in the name of God. Im speaking of the radical Muslims or anyone else that claims they kill in the name of God. If someone gets murdered or dies from a disease, that was Gods plan for them because God takes people when he feels it is their time not when someone thinks that God wants them dead. If we can help someone with medicine and they live, that that person dying was not in Gods plans. At least thats what I took from growing up in the Catholic church anyway , that simply God knows when you life will end just like only God knows when the world will end, but how you live your life is your choice. I know that was confusing and I apologize, but hopefully I make sense.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:50 PM

2,639 posts, read 4,596,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Somebody who doesn't understand the Bible would say the same thing. God told Abraham to stop right before he was ready to run the knife into Isaac so the actual sacrifice never took place. The only reason God asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac is to test his obedience.
But by showing God that he was willing to obey him means that he was also showing God that he was willing to break one of the Ten Commandments. How can that positive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality