Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 04:18 PM

9,677 posts, read 9,971,995 times

Advertisements

Adam and Eve were not the first human in the earth, and even Jesus Holy Spirit who is the holder of eternal wisdom of the ages will not make a stand of the literal first humans Adam and Eve...... But Adam and Eve instead were the first human to interact with the Living God and were given an opportunity to know God and to be potentially God`s first family which God created to interact with Him .....So how do we know Adam and Eve where not the first human in the earth literally? ....Well in the Bible from Genesis 4: 17....Where there was one three people in the earth .....``And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived, and bare Enoch``...Where did Cain`s wife come from which makes four people ? ... Is she a wild beast of the field and Adam son is getting the wild beast pregnant? ... No humans where in the earth before Adan and Eve..... And Adam and Eve where the first to know God and were being proved by the Lord God for the family that He was planning ...... See the humans in the earth were being prepared by God some 100,000 years to 250,000 years ago, and were just 50,000 years ago their cultural development began and then 6,000 years ago God went and prove the man with His Royal standing and failed .... See Jesus Holy Spirit will never confirm this literal account and of Adam and Eve where the first humans and it is a sin to make a stand of faith for the histories of Genesis ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 06:07 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,126,641 times
Only the deluded among us take the story literally. To believe the story of Adam & Eve as factual with what we know through scientific discovery is the height of lunacy. You can also add the Great Flood story to the list also.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,199,480 times
The Adam and Eve story is not even original, it was borrowed from the Sumerian culture as was much of the OT including the fludd which never happened.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,470,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsweeting View Post
I have some specific questions about the Adam & Eve story
A short, accurate explanation.

It's a fairy tale, total hogwash, a story invented to explain away ignorance.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,354,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Oddly enough, most people won't believe in a single couple (Adam and Eve) populating the earth....but the first animal to be born with wings was able to spawn a whole new species?
Evolution claims no such things. This is just a theist canard that you have been sold and you would do well to divest yourself of. This image you have been sold of one day an animal being born with wings into a species that never had them before is a nonsense. Evolution does not say that, claim that or espouse that. If you think it does then you have been conned by your own theistic brethren into believing a lie.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:04 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,154,382 times
[quote=johnsweeting;26889591]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Jesus referred to Adam as if he was a real person. So did the apostle Paul.

I would like to see that picture in front of me..Adam & Eve as white people holding up their new born child who is Chinese even though they are white. Are you serious about this ????????

Why not? Every one in my family had dark hair and brown eyes, but I was born a blue eyed blond. My mother had to endure a lot of mail man jokes in the day, but there is no doubt that I am my parent's natural born son. I married an Asian but our children look caucasian, not mixed. My daughter married a man who is black. When/if they have children, the child may appear white, black, asian, or mixed. That's how it works. Where did Esau's red hair come from? It just happens.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,154,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Adam and Eve were not the first human in the earth ...
For the purposes of this discussion, it has been suggested by some theologians that there was a pre-Adamic race that account for the city near by that Cain went to when he was cast out by his family. As this theory goes, Adam and Eve were the first to receive God's spirit and the possibility of eternal life, whereas the others were souless humans. It continues with pointing out that the geneology from Adam to Noah was laboriously detailed to show that the only people to survive the flood were descendants of Adam and Eve, and that all of the spiritless humans and hybrid descendants of Cain were destroyed.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:30 AM

But the flood never happened so your argument is moot.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,293,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Only the deluded among us take the story literally. To believe the story of Adam & Eve as factual with what we know through scientific discovery is the height of lunacy. You can also add the Great Flood story to the list also.
Actually I can believe more in the great flood simply because of the misinterptation. Noah gathered up two of all of the animals IN THAT AREA of the world which is feasible considering about over 90% of the world had not been discovered yet. Has it ever occured to anyone that the flood could have been local?

Old 11-12-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Actually I can believe more in the great flood simply because of the misinterptation. Noah gathered up two of all of the animals IN THAT AREA of the world which is feasible considering about over 90% of the world had not been discovered yet. Has it ever occured to anyone that the flood could have been local?
That is not how the biblical account is written. If it was local as you infer, why then has the story never been redacted or updated as such? Even in a local flood, all the logistics associated to the building of the ark by and unskilled old guy still has you dipping your hand in the box labelled "appeal to magic".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality