Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Don't trust in the Angels, even those who are perfectly aligned with God their Mother/Father/Big Brother/Big Sister.

Don't believe also in the Priests of God.

Jesus believed he was God as much as David believed it of himself.
Completely false. Jesus is God, and he said as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Completely false. Jesus is God, and he said as much.
He could have meant it in the panentheist way. Hence why the Creator was more powerful than him. I, of course, couldn't care less what he meant, he could have been whatever type of radical sect leader he wanted to be. However, there are plenty of places in the various religious writtings were Jesus acknowleges. Besides, gods can't die, not even for anyones sins. gods are simply unkillable.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 PM

2,069 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I just read this verse in another thread and did not want to derail the thread. It seems in John 14:1 He is speaking of God as a separate entity from Himself. Notice he is speaking of a separate entity not of a "Manifestation of the Trinity" Such as Father.

John 14:1]21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

“Let not your heart be troubled. Ye believe in God; believe also in Me."
You are right. God, the Father, is separate from Jesus, the man. The reason Jesus is so special is because he was the first child of God to receive His Divine Love delivered by God's highest spirit, the Holy Spirit. Adam and Eve rejected this blessing and, among other things, this was their fall from grace.

In Jesus' lifetime, he became completely transformed and at-one with God in substance and was a Divine Man. Because Jesus did that, God's Divine Love is available for all of us to receive as well and we may aspire to become as Jesus was if it is our desire to do so.

How do we know if we're receiving God's Divine Love? Luke explains it in this verse.

Luke 24:32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

Last edited by june 7th; 11-16-2012 at 08:30 AM..

Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
He could have meant it in the panentheist way. Hence why the Creator was more powerful than him. I, of course, couldn't care less what he meant, he could have been whatever type of radical sect leader he wanted to be. However, there are plenty of places in the various religious writtings were Jesus acknowleges. Besides, gods can't die, not even for anyones sins. gods are simply unkillable.
Jesus is God. And he did die. And then he rose again. No doubt about it.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Logic and reason will not have any impact on faith-based belief systems, Luminous. They have meaning only for those who are inclined to want to reason things out for themselves. Of course God as Spirit cannot die . . . but humans can as the birth pangs of our rebirth as Spirit . . . as Christ did. But since personhood resides in consciousness (Spirit) . . . any human that achieves the same Spirit as God (Holy Spirit) would be identical to God. Christ did that. We know of Him as a human but He has been reborn as Spirit within the collective human consciousness (Spirit) . . . as we all will be upon our physical deaths. His Holy Spirit is what links us all to God's Holy Spirit. How would you characterize Him now under those circumstances?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Jesus is God. And he did die. And then he rose again. No doubt about it.
You might depend on that being true. I don't. Either way, the Bible demonstrates that Jesus didn't pray to himself, nor would he have a need to pray to "a part in substance" with himself, Nor "a part in supernatural substance" with himself. Nor would a god be mortal. Hence Jesus was not a god. People have NO excuses for not being as good as Jesus was during his good episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Logic and reason will not have any impact on faith-based belief systems, Luminous. They have meaning only for those who are inclined to want to reason things out for themselves. Of course God as Spirit cannot die . . . but humans can as the birth pangs of our rebirth as Spirit . . . as Christ did. But since personhood resides in consciousness (Spirit) . . . any human that achieves the same Spirit as God (Holy Spirit) would be identical to God. Christ did that. We know of Him as a human but He has been reborn as Spirit within the collective human consciousness (Spirit) . . . as we all will be upon our physical deaths. His Holy Spirit is what links us all to God's Holy Spirit. How would you characterize Him now under those circumstances?
I guess I would have to characterize him as some supernatural link under those circumstances, one that was born human but achieved godhood... in accordance with God's will and prior knowledge. I, of course, don't believe this either... nor have I any need or interests to believe it. Lord Siddhartha Gautama was the first known man said to have achieved a state far beyond and above the self-deluded gods. Although I have no interest in blinding myself with faith in Buddhist theology, I find it far more intellectual and insightful than even the long-lived Vedic theologies. From one branch of Buddhist theology, Rabbi Jesus ben Joseph would be characterized as a descended Brahman, like Bramahjala.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 11-15-2012 at 11:28 PM..

Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 AM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
I guess I would have to characterize him as some supernatural link under those circumstances, one that was born human but achieved godhood... in accordance with God's will and prior knowledge. I, of course, don't believe this either... nor have I any need or interests to believe it. Lord Siddhartha Gautama was the first known man said to have achieved a state far beyond and above the self-deluded gods. Although I have no interest in blinding myself with faith in Buddhist theology, I find it far more intellectual and insightful than even the long-lived Vedic theologies. From one branch of Buddhist theology, Rabbi Jesus ben Joseph would be characterized as a descended Brahman, like Bramahjala.
There is no such thing as supernatural . . . just currently beyond our science capabilities to measure. Actually Gautama himself predicted someone would far exceed his achievement of maitri . . . the Maitreya. I see Christ as the fulfillment of that prediction since His universal love for us all (maitri) endured through scourging and crucifixion even to his savage and barbaric torturers.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
You might depend on that being true. I don't. Either way, the Bible demonstrates that Jesus didn't pray to himself, nor would he have a need to pray to "a part in substance" with himself, Nor "a part in supernatural substance" with himself.
You have some basic misunderstandings about the nature of God. Jesus is the 2nd part of the Trinity, the Son. He has always existed. There never was a time when he did not exist. The incarnation was when he became a man. He continued to be God. He could continue to communicate to the Father and the Spirit--and he did pray.
Quote:

Nor would a god be mortal. Hence Jesus was not a god.
God became a man, and thus became mortal. He said it himself.
Quote:
People have NO excuses for not being as good as Jesus was during his good episodes.
"his good episodes"? Did he have bad episodes? And have you been "as good as Jesus"?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,630,500 times
Hey Woodrow LI. You forgot John 10:30 "The Father and I are one" Did you not do your homework completely?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:47 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Hey Woodrow LI. You forgot John 10:30 "The Father and I are one" Did you not do your homework completely?
That would be another topic, contradictions in the Bible. One topic per thread is enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality