Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:04 PM

874 posts, read 636,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I just read this verse in another thread and did not want to derail the thread. It seems in John 14:1 He is speaking of God as a separate entity from Himself. Notice he is speaking of a separate entity not of a "Manifestation of the Trinity" Such as Father. John 14:1 21st Century King James Version (KJ21) “Let not your heart be troubled. Ye believe in God; believe also in Me." Common English Bible (CEB) “Don’t be troubled. Trust in God. Trust also in me." Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) “Don’t let yourselves be disturbed. Trust in God and trust in me. Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA) "Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me." ]New International Version (NIV)“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
Yes, you are reading the text correctly. There is no evidence that I can find in the KJV of the Holy Bible (this is the only version I have read) to support "the Trinity". Over and over, again and again, Jesus speaks of his Father in Heaven, states that Jesus is the Son of God, and even God states that Jesus is his son.

Matthew 3:16-17
16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 17:4-7
4Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.

The New Testament of the KJV follows the story of Jesus conception, birth, life and death. So, we have the entire story.

Mark 14:61-62 (When Jesus was arrested and brought before the high priest)
61Jesus made no reply. Then the high priest asked him, "Are you the Messiah, the Son of the blessed God?"
62Jesus said, "I am, and you will see me, the Son of Man, sitting at God's right hand in the place of power and coming back on the clouds of heaven."

Then there are details that further indicate that Jesus is the Son of God and not God come to earth disguised as a man. Jesus prayed regularly. To whom was he praying? Himself? When Jesus was dying on the cross, he called out to God. To whom was he calling? Himself?

Matthew 27:46 (Jesus' final moments on the cross)
"46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

=============================================
One of the verses that is used to "prove" that Jesus IS God and the rationale behind it:

"Jesus accepted worship from His disciples
Matthew 14:32-33:“And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God.’”

[Some man's explanation of why the above passage PROVES that Jesus is really God. URL: allaboutGod.com]
"In a Jewish culture, only the one true God can be worshiped; their actions show that they acknowledged Jesus as being divine. And Jesus didn’t correct them or say, “Don’t you realize that I’m just a mortal prophet? Stop worshiping me!” Rather, He accepted their worship, knowing He really was God in human flesh."

The text clearly states, "Truly you are the Son of God.” But the human who decided this was "proof" that Jesus IS God made up this malarkey out of his own fantasy closet.
================================================== ==========

I think the sum total of the information given clearly defines Jesus as the SON of God, not as God, when taken as a whole and when mankind can stop fighting against the words given us.

Ella
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Woodrow LI...I always thought that Jesus was the SON of God, separate, because I've heard say that God sacrificed his only son, for our sins.
He is The Son -- the 2nd person of the Trinity. He is also fully and completely God.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Yes it is a paradoxical situation, there are 3 entities, but one God as there is one God 3 separate entities(Father, Son and Holy Spirit), so 3 is 1 and 1 is 3.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Jesus is Son of God, and God himself.

There was Earthly and Heavenly God, all the same.
Yup. IMO, the Trinity was made up as people began finding the contradictions in the Bible. Having three "parts" to one God which ultimately created "one," covered all the bases, something polytheism had traditionally done (certain gods were responsible for certain aspects of life, both physical and psychological).

Old 04-21-2013, 09:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He was referring to the Father---and told them to believe in Him----along with Himself. The Gospels didn't always use what we'd call "proper grammar". Earlier in John's Gospel he said he was the "I AM". The Jews he was speaking to knew what he meant and tried to stone him for it.
...which people eventually figured out meant there was more than one god OR that Jesus wasn't God, there, hence, the idea of the Trinity was developed.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Jesus is God. And he did die. And then he rose again. No doubt about it.
Actually there is a huge amount of doubt about that.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:03 AM

According to a friend of mine who is a theologian, there are 54 places in the new testament where JC either refutes being god or speaks about god as a clearly separate entity than himself (don't ask me where they are though).

There are exactly ZERO where he claims to be god.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:30 PM

467 posts, read 664,810 times
Jesus became accelerated in his I AM, the God of his own being, and probably chose to be the Christ before embodying, or as his embodiments developed.
I AM Presence - God Self - Great I AM

Your I AM Presence is already a full-blown Ascended Being and God the same as Jesus.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:00 PM

81 posts, read 106,422 times
Proper execution of the original Greek make's clear the truth, only i get the feeling with this post you aren't interested in the truth.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTMonzstarr View Post
Proper execution of the original Greek make's clear the truth, only i get the feeling with this post you aren't interested in the truth.
You forgot to capitalise the 't' ...for added effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality