Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 12:30 AM

28 posts, read 40,047 times

Advertisements

Dear God, why don't you sacrifice your jealousy in order to give political or financial salvation toward those who need it? Why must you be so unpractical?

--------

Let's get real. It seems that every year these practical elements in our daily lives get worse and the prayers go unanswered. God, simply put, can't just say "oh, I love you, but I want to make the rest of your lives miserable" no, no, no. Why couldn't he give divine political/financial/cultural intervention to the countries in need of it. I even don't think it's stupid to pray to god "Oh, please God, cast intervention upon the entertainment industry so they can make stuff more entertaining" yet things like this go unanswered. And I'm sure today's generation would do stuff to travel back to their parent's generation for today's economy yet it is unanswered and it says in the bible that God can do anything he wants to. Therefore, he must have the power to transport someone to a past before they were born. Another scenario: We can't compare heaven to earthly things; he's jealous for our unearthly attention; if someone desires what be earthly in heaven, thus God can make it happen; but he can't, thus he is not all powerful. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpa View Post
Dear God, why don't you sacrifice your jealousy in order to give political or financial salvation toward those who need it? Why must you be so unpractical?

--------

Let's get real. It seems that every year these practical elements in our daily lives get worse and the prayers go unanswered. God, simply put, can't just say "oh, I love you, but I want to make the rest of your lives miserable" no, no, no. Why couldn't he give divine political/financial/cultural intervention to the countries in need of it. I even don't think it's stupid to pray to god "Oh, please God, cast intervention upon the entertainment industry so they can make stuff more entertaining" yet things like this go unanswered. And I'm sure today's generation would do stuff to travel back to their parent's generation for today's economy yet it is unanswered and it says in the bible that God can do anything he wants to. Therefore, he must have the power to transport someone to a past before they were born. Another scenario: We can't compare heaven to earthly things; he's jealous for our unearthly attention; if someone desires what be earthly in heaven, thus God can make it happen; but he can't, thus he is not all powerful. End of story.
To skip over the rest and get to the bottom line... God's not cruel; you're silly.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:19 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpa View Post

--------

You're right about everything. But there could always be excuses. God might know it's best not to interfere.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
He's not cruel. He's just and holy. He can't let an offense go unpunished.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:38 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times

How God Favors Evil - YouTube

Old 11-18-2012, 03:08 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I can't believe this guy put up a commercial for himself at the end. Anyway, this is the question, isn't it? Actually, two questions as I see it, are relevant:

1. Why does God allow free will to be affected by one person perpetrating evil on another (or via disease, natural disaster, etc.)?

2. Why the inconsistencies between people attributing good shocking stuff to God as "miracles," while attributing bad shocking stuff as "God not interfering"? Why would he have interfered with the former in random cases and doesn't this prove he can do so?

Old 11-18-2012, 03:16 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
To skip over the rest and get to the bottom line... God's not cruel; you're silly.
You've captured the essence of it, Katz!

Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
It's possible that both are true.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
When I was a kid I thought my mom was cruel for spanking me every time I tried to climb up to the Barn roof. Thought that right up to the day I finally made it and thought the towel I tied around my neck would let me fly like superman.

Often what looks like cruelty is a kindness if we understand it.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:51 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
When I was a kid I thought my mom was cruel for spanking me every time I tried to climb up to the Barn roof. Thought that right up to the day I finally made it and thought the towel I tied around my neck would let me fly like superman.

Often what looks like cruelty is a kindness if we understand it.
Often, but not always. The god of the Bible advocates stoning children to death for disobedience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality