Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I would love a realistic answer to this too. And...I am so very sorry about your friend and about the loss of his wife.
JerZ . . . this theodicy issue is neither new nor easy to explain given the existing beliefs about God. God does NOT help only those who believe. But the real problem is. . . the erroneous existing beliefs about God. As long as we are carnal (and we are till we die) . . . our focus and concerns will be with the material and physical circumstances we face. But God is NOT concerned with any of that. God is a Spirit and we are His spiritual children (embryos) in this physical "womb." As part of our spiritual development environment ("womb") . . . the physical/material aspects tend to dominate our concerns. But God is concerned ONLY with our spiritual development, period. We are to overcome and endure to the end of our lives whatever physical/material aspects we face so that we will mature sufficiently to be reborn as Spirit upon our physical death.

Unfortunately even this spiritual rationale does pose other issues . . . such as insufficient spiritual development (miscarriage?) or early termination (abortion?) that are not easily answered by us because we do not have the whole picture. Babies, young people and those who are otherwise spiritually immature who die from various diseases and causes or who are assaulted and murdered and the like . . . pose significant emotional and psychological issues for us in understanding . . . similar to the more general issues of evil above. We do not have (at least I do not) the intellectual capacity to imagine all the possibilities . . . given the absence of guidance about it in the "spiritual fossil record." I can only say that the God I encounter in deep meditation is nothing BUT unconditional love and understanding . . . so I am perfectly willing to believe He has it covered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Thank you, Mystic.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:53 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The Bible is full of examples of God raising up pagan nations to interact with Israel--either to bless them or to punish them. Ultimately, if he does help the non-believer, it's because he has a purpose.
Please... Israel was raised up to interact with OUR nations. either to punish or bless Israel. Ultimately, if God helps the religious, it's because he has a purpose that favors agnostics, and perhaps atheists, deists, monotheists, polytheists as a trickle-down.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:00 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Yeah. God doesn't want it to be too easy for his "children" to believe, otherwise he wouldn't have the satisfaction of seeing us all burn in hell.
Life is not easy. I wish it was, though.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:32 PM

661 posts, read 1,183,601 times
How do disasters help those who die in them to become stronger?

How come God gets the praise for those who survive, but no blame for the ones who dont?

How come I get the same ratio of success when I now pray to my cat that I did when I used to pray to God?

Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
How do disasters help those who die in them to become stronger?

How come God gets the praise for those who survive, but no blame for the ones who dont?

How come I get the same ratio of success when I now pray to my cat that I did when I used to pray to God?
Do you really pray to your cat?

Old 11-25-2012, 06:26 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Do you really pray to your cat?
Why not? At least the cat is real.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:23 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
lol, a lot of people actually.
They Honour God with their lips...but they do not do what God said to do...nor do they think out their actions that cause suffering onto others, and others meaning other living things!....So the world humans are making with The Idol...do not consider the others as having say or word or mind to be of any consult...and they are showing signs of ill health...which is a language we forgotten how to read into????????.....So they say they believe, but they do not do as God asks....and so the Earth which is not the world...is now being polluted, and all living things with it Go unattended well or in good mind.....by Those who are doing the opposite of what God said....and so they do not believe in truth, for if they did , the world would be more inline with what God intended us to be living in or with...a Prestine, healthy, and sound eco system...which it was in the beginning....EDEN...and only two were in charge....look at all of these now born....all not doing what God said to do..infact they do the opposite.....interesting.

So we should take notes, and apply what is out of order..to correct it ...I say...the world is again on the brink of war ..infighting and corruption blossom like a flower...and more dead bodies paint the theme clearly.....Money and the industrial madness = a dead Planet or atleast a biohazardious one!...kinda speaks a truth about the Anti Christ movement who say they believe...But they do not preceive, nor understand the Anti of God is too high a price to pay to loose it all. to gain Constant death, sickness and suffering.....So some will try to move in a more ethical and moral direction to keeping things prestine and clean while sowing seeds, and tending to what is left!....They are the remnants collected in the end times......but look how long it takes em to see clearly. ..and most of em are looking out from behind bars, or burried in the soil for doing that act God asked of them....insane but true!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I'm calling Moderator cut: edit on this one and this whole thread. I have a good Christian friend who, within 6 months, his wife, mother of two, was diagnosed with cancer and died and now he was just diagnosed with cancer. Both of them in their 40's. I wouldn't be able to count the number of people who have been praying, asking for God's help, just to be disappointed. Conclusion? There is no god to help anyone. The only help prayer might provide is a positive attitude, which I feel can benefit us all at times.

How far into the cause did you seek your answers ?...Did you know, that drinking water laiden with heavy mentals is bad for the health, especially lead, and mercury they are a toxic catalyst for oh so many problems in the body..?? and monoxcides are toxic to...did you know it is being pumped into the atmosphere by the tonnage each and every day since the automobile was invented and even before hand?
Did you know that during the 60's to late 80's and early 90's even automobile breaks used aspestos...which when made into a dust (using the breaks Caused Fine Particles to be distributed into the enviroments) which cause Cancer in the lungs...and or body....this dust does not go away...it is constantly being thrown back up into the air, every time a car passes over , the wheels kick it back up into the air...and it settles where it settles...waiting to get into the body to make problems!

Did you know that there is a cure for cancer that the pharmacuticals do not study or research...as it is not patentable...meaning they cannot make it exclusive, nor can they make it profitable...I believe it is called DVA or DCA

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...50635846921971

Now that is not just with cancer...it is with lots of things...they repute the use of the natural cures, which anyone can get from plants and our enviroment...to make us believe we need a pill form of the same thing..that cost oh so much to make...and then apply ...but first make the detramental estate where illness arises!...to make the profits and gains lucratively delightful.

Oh the good doctors know the enviroment is in a sense turning on us...but they do not solve for why or correct the detramental thing being done to make this condition arise.....as that would put them out of business!...no more kickbacks..or insentives from big pharma and those luxurious vacation packages....Now big Pharma pushes their manufacturing of Drugs to the next level...side effects....oh yah baby.....and they do not do proper testing in trials....so as to get the money coming in faster, they cut corners....like everyone else.

So..You put this on God?...when it is humans who are to blame!...Stop them...and you might make a difference...stop polluting the planet,..and you make a better eco system in which to reside in for the future....make friends/tame/show you are a helper of God, in tending to the Garden well..and those things Given, are multiplied and shared in Giving like God, in and with good stewardship...and maybe we move into a new order of things...maybe?...again intent...to do it because we want to....not because we have to.....but now it is kinda because we have to...or else it ends down the road somewhere...as written....and who's fault is it gonna be?....Humans!....see God gave it to us to tend and keep....and all they are doing with it, is polluting and destroying for dollars...more Pollution anyone?..more hospitals?...more sickness and suffering with plagues and pestilences?...more woe and wrath? ...,more humansacrifices in wars with no merits or truths????

SO...Praying to God to help...while polluting continually to do the above ...makes God's efforts redundant when 7 billion plus people do not help the way they should.

And you can understand more now why...God said...Do not make IDOLS of ENGRAVEN IMAGES MORE IMPORTANT THAN HE GOD>>FOR LIFE<< Because it causes the ANTI OF LIFE>...which we are all getting caught up in....eh?

Last edited by Sir Les; 11-25-2012 at 08:34 AM..

Old 11-25-2012, 09:27 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,223,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
No, I don't think that God only helps those who believe. It would be too easy for us to make that choice to believe if that was how He worked.

"Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him (John 9:31)."

"But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear (Isaiah 59:2)"

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord (James 1:6-7)."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality