Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,126,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Perhaps the number one intrest in most unbelievers, is God! Their over him but can't get over him. They think about God, talk about God, debate about God, --they even pray to him without knowing it, ( when they complain about God and blame him for things, they are confessing a type of belief and giving a type of prayer).

Nope my main interests (ahead of debate about god) in no particular order are:

Music
Beer
Sports
Family
Science
Food
Cars
Travel
Bikini/Victoria Secret Models
Politics
History

I guess I would put mythology in there towards the bottom. I view all theologies as mythology.

And we don't blame god for anything (since god is nothing but a fairy tale) we blame those who believe in an all knowing all seeing invisible non-interacting deity. And claim to know what said deity wishes and carryout acts in it's name. I view many religious people as hubristic twits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,583,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post

. I view many religious people as hubristic twits.

I am curious then; why do you spend everyday reading what hubristic twits have to say? What can we call a person who talks to hubristic twits everyday? Why does a man who looks down on a particular group, spend a lot of his time interacting with that group?

I really don't understand that. Explain that to me.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I am curious then; why do you spend everyday reading what hubristic twits have to say? What can we call a person who talks to hubristic twits everyday? Why does a man who looks down on a particular group, spend a lot of his time interacting with that group?

I'm incredibly good at multi-tasking.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I'm incredibly good at multi-tasking.

Evasion; your interested in God and religion, and incredibly able to hide that from yourself and others; yet you are not able to do so with me.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:

I spend time here on C-D on the R&S board and others while I listen to music. Right now I'm enjoying a fantastic blues album by Buddy Guy. Without the listening room I built with PC integration believe me I wouldn't be here near as much.
And if I didn't interact with the twits who would do it? And I'm not above enjoying some time with them.

Quote:
Evasion; your interested in God and religion, and incredibly able to hide that from yourself and others; yet you are not able to do so with me.
Oh, I never have denied my interest in the beliefs of others. I am interested in all facets of religions past and present. I am interested mainly due to the fact that belief is such a foreign concept to me. But interest in no way equates belief.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I am curious then; why do you spend everyday reading what hubristic twits have to say? .
I take it you don't read the newspaper. Or any books on politics.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,294,276 times
Quote:
Unlike many religious people, I'm not threatened by reading contradictory opinions. I often read things written by those I disgaree with. For example, I think Ayn Rand was a despicable human being and I reject all of her views, but I still read some of her works. I welcome honest discussion. Someone who refuses to listen to those they disagree with is a sign of having a weak belief.

Quote:
Perhaps the number one intrest in most unbelievers, is God!
My number one interests are music and theatre. Sorry.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,796,254 times
Which God? The real one or the Biblical/Christian one?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Which God? The real one or the Biblical/Christian one?

There is only one God, the rest is simply man made illusion; there can only be one, and its not the Christian god; its not the Muslim god; its not the Jehovah Witness god; its not the Indian god; its not the Jewish god; its not any of the gods that humanity is aware of;

Its the one that nobody knows! Its the one who hides himself!

Its the one who really sent Jesus here, and there is nobody on earth who speaks for him.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
There is only one God, the rest is simply man made illusion; there can only be one, and its not the Christian god; its not the Muslim god; its not the Jehovah Witness god; its not the Indian god; its not the Jewish god; its not any of the gods that humanity is aware of;

Its the one that nobody knows! Its the one who hides himself!

Its the one who really sent Jesus here, and there is nobody on earth who speaks for him.
But then by your own admission you truly have know idea if there is only one god or many. And you have made many unfounded claims in it's name. And yet..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality