Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 06:22 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

Here's a hypothetical. Let's say, before he took that cyanide pill (no debates about the morality of suicide please) in that bunker in Berlin, Hitler secretly repented wholeheartedly, confessed his sins, and asked Jesus to be his Lord and Saviour or, if Christianity is not the true religion, did whatever it was necessary to get himself into heaven. He then goes to Heaven.

Say you end up in Heaven too. Do you welcome him as a fellow brother, a child of God? Or would you shun him? Would you have any moral outrage at his past deeds or would they be forgotten? Would your mercy be so great?

And let's not talk if Hitler watched the Jews suffering in Hell. Try as I might I can't picture that happening, even with all this talk of salvation being a free gift, but it's interesting. How many would eventually consider Hitler a friend? Or substitute Hitler with any other extremely evil person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 08:03 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,351,634 times
We don't know his mental state through his period of time. Maybe his actions weren't entirely his fault, somehow.
The same could be said of Ted Bundy. If he feels no remorse for his actions, and views himself as having no connections to humanity, and he doesn't care much about his own survival, why not go kill a bunch of people, unless they can assist him somehow?

That's why I'm in favor of not worrying so much about why people do things, or whose fault something is, unless that is assistful in stopping the behavior. I've never liked the idea of vengeance for reasons of attaining justice. I do like the idea of vengeance to discourage future similar behaviors.

but...I might be fine if Hitler made it to heaven, depending on his mentality during the time he did all his horrible acts.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Here's a hypothetical. Let's say, before he took that cyanide pill (no debates about the morality of suicide please) in that bunker in Berlin, Hitler secretly repented wholeheartedly, confessed his sins, and asked Jesus to be his Lord and Saviour or, if Christianity is not the true religion, did whatever it was necessary to get himself into heaven. He then goes to Heaven.

Say you end up in Heaven too. Do you welcome him as a fellow brother, a child of God? Or would you shun him? Would you have any moral outrage at his past deeds or would they be forgotten? Would your mercy be so great?

And let's not talk if Hitler watched the Jews suffering in Hell. Try as I might I can't picture that happening, even with all this talk of salvation being a free gift, but it's interesting. How many would eventually consider Hitler a friend? Or substitute Hitler with any other extremely evil person.
According to scripture, Hitler is in heaven. A good fit, too.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:22 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
According to scripture, Hitler is in heaven. A good fit, too.
Please reference said scripture.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Please reference said scripture.
Romans 10:9

Hitlers words:

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior
as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness,
surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for
what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who,
God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

"Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I
recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was
for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross.

"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but
I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice...

"When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in
their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I
would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for
them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn
against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and
exploited."

Adolph Hitler, in a speech delivered April 12, 1922

Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Romans 10:9

Hitlers words:

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior
as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness,
surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for
what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who,
God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

"Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I
recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was
for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross.

"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but
I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice...

"When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in
their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I
would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for
them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn
against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and
exploited."

Adolph Hitler, in a speech delivered April 12, 1922
Words don't prove you're a Christian; actions do.

Last edited by Horn of ‘83; 12-12-2012 at 12:25 PM..

Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Words don't prove you a Christian; actions do.
LoL. That's not what the Bible says, that is what you say when trying to justify the atrocious behavior of SOME CHRISTIANS.

Works will not get you past the pearly gates. Here's a hint, IT WORKS BOTH WAYS.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
LoL. That's not what the Bible says, that is what you say when trying to justify the atrocious behavior of SOME CHRISTIANS.

Works will not get you past the pearly gates. Here's a hint, IT WORKS BOTH WAYS.
You are biblically ignorant. And take a reading comprehension class. I did not say works save; I said works prove. Read Ephesians 2:10 and James 2.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

For some reason I started thinking about something similar the other day...

...what if reincarnation was real and Hitler was alive, now quitely living a new life completely unaware who he was but we had a foolproof way of identifying him.

Should he be punished today?

What if you suddenly woke up with memories of a previous life as Hitler? Would you "come clean" to the world? Would you feel extreme guilt and expect to be punished or would you feel like it was all in "another time... another life" and not let it drag you down?

What would be the difference between that and being a bad person who later changed his/her ways?

If it turned out death was not the end of a sentient mind, would the death penalty really be a good punishment?

This forum makes me think too much about off the wall things...

Old 12-12-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
You are biblically ignorant. And take a reading comprehension class. I did not say works save; I said works prove. Read Ephesians 2:10 and James 2.
You know nothing about me, so jettison you condescension. I was a minister's son and a Christian for 45 years. I've probably done more Bible study than you've had hot meals.

Do works, impact salvation, Yes or NO?

If Hitler believed in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, he is in heaven. Deal with it. This is according to your own Bible, that is, unless you are saying it is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality