U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 07:22 PM

1,496 posts, read 780,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Right after you provide me some original documents of Mithra dated around 3000 BC
You're in WAY over your pay-grade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,525,526 times
Quote:
Right after you provide me some original documents of Mithra dated around 3000 BC
And therein lies the problem you, me nor can anyone PROVE his/her faith or lack of it you can say what you want but in the end it all comes down to faith.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:53 PM

10,153 posts, read 3,693,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
And therein lies the problem you, me nor can anyone PROVE his/her faith or lack of it you can say what you want but in the end it all comes down to faith.
I'm convinced the Bible is what it claims to be. Do you have anything to say that it isn't?

Old 12-22-2012, 08:00 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,525,526 times
Quote:
I'm convinced the Bible is what it claims to be. Do you have anything to say that it isn't?

Thats fine that you believe that and like I said thats why its called faith because neither one of can prove or disprove our faiths.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:37 PM

4,650 posts, read 3,379,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
The very fact that Jesus was made into a demi-god by Paul and his Gentile Hellenistic acolytes is enough to prove that Christianity is a pagan-based religion. Comparison to other pagan deities is not necessary. The "Jewish Christians" of the time did not see Jesus as a god of any kind as "God is One". That is an indisputable fact (even though the Fundamentalist/Evangelicals will never believe it).
A causal reading of the NT revels that the divinty of Jesus was noted by John. Not Paul. If you have any interest read the Book of John. Chapter one pretty well settles the issue.

Your "fact" doesn't exist. It is the stuff of conjecture, not based biblical writting. Remember: just because it is on the internet does not make it true.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:48 PM

839 posts, read 481,944 times
the NT was not written by eyewitnesses and is filled with contradictions. they where written by unknown authors and copied multiple times before names like John were attached to them

Old 12-22-2012, 08:53 PM

1,496 posts, read 780,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
A causal reading of the NT revels that the divinty of Jesus was noted by John. Not Paul. If you have any interest read the Book of John. Chapter one pretty well settles the issue.

Your "fact" doesn't exist. It is the stuff of conjecture, not based biblical writting. Remember: just because it is on the internet does not make it true.
Did you just say that biblical writing is not infused with conjecture? Now that is comedy, my friends

Old 12-22-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
the NT was not written by eyewitnesses and is filled with contradictions. they where written by unknown authors and copied multiple times before names like John were attached to them
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Did you just say that biblical writing is not infused with conjecture? Now that is comedy, my friends
Both of you guys/gals are entitled to your opinion. I can respect that.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:43 PM

3,334 posts, read 3,343,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Just because its in the Bible also does not make it true. The history of the book of John is shadowy at best. If you wish to believe that it's all true, fine. Do so...have fun. The bible is naught but a book of oral stories written down by unknown authors and modified greatly over the last 1900 years or so. If the stories in the bible are 100% fact, then so are the stories told by the elders of my tribe. I prefer to believe them over yours.

Last edited by Fullback32; 12-22-2012 at 11:19 PM..

Old 12-22-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Just because its in the Bible also does not make it true. The history of the book of John is shadowy at best. If you wish to believe that it's all true, fine. Do so...have fun. The bible is naught but a book of oral stories written down by unknown authors and modified greatly over the last 1900 years or so. If the stories in the bible are 100% fact, then so are the stories told by the elders of my tribe. I prefer to believe them over yours.
You have said it. Go with what you think is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality