Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
It should be interesting, to say the least! It's been so boring plodding along with everything so predictably and mundanely obeying the laws of nature. Time we had some supernatural hoop-la, I say! When should we expect the magic to start happening?
I would quess within the next 100 years, but I am not sure; It could be within the next 50; I could make a biblical case for either; we just can't say exactly what year or day, thats not possible. But I see enough already and to simply guage the world condition daily is like being fed some serious signs of end times appitites; but even Jesus does not know the day or hour, so no human could. But we can guage within the years and get close I think. The world will continue to give out clues.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
There are 47 biblical verses that refer to the end of the world; perhaps the best thing you can do to read them is go to openbible.info/topics/endoftheworld. They list them all.

The bible say that people will be judged & some will serve him in heaven & some will go to hell. But no where does it say THIS world here will end. I looked that site up sorry nothing about the world here ending. Try again. It talks about The end, but the end of what? Twinkies?

Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The bible say that people will be judged & some will serve him in heaven & some will go to hell. But no where does it say THIS world here will end. I looked that site up sorry nothing about the world here ending. Try again. It talks about The end, but the end of what? Twinkies?

Oh it will end, you simply misunderstand the verses; the economic system will end; the worlds govedrnments will end; human rule will end; the human education system will come to an end; violence will end; suffering will end; sin will come to an end; war will end; confusion will end; the world will come to an end. The planet earth willnot be destroyed, but it will be totally renewed. All buildings will be destroyed, all human made structures, everything we have built will be destroyed; everything! That will come to an end. Human politics will end; religious dogma will end; Atheism will come to an end;

The world will end.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Quote:
The world will end.
And the one with the most toys will be declared the winner.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
And the one with the most toys will be declared the winner.

All of humanitys toys will be destroyed, and all of the weapons on the earth will be destroyed and during this destruction, their power will be meaningless, including all nuclear weapons. This will help erase any doubt of there being a God to all unbelievers. When you see God do these things, you will be convinced.

Easily. These events will teach you about God.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 AM

47 posts, read 93,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I have to wonder what Christians are going to say when it doesn't pan out like they think it will.
They'll just move on to their next doomsday wish fulfillment. Black Death = End of the world. WWII = End of the world. Y2k = End of the world. Obama = end of the world. Gays getting married = end of the world.

How about a list of them....
List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-16-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomMusing View Post
They'll just move on to their next doomsday wish fulfillment. Black Death = End of the world. WWII = End of the world. Y2k = End of the world. Obama = end of the world. Gays getting married = end of the world.

How about a list of them....
List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The biblical predictions of the end of the world, looms over humanity like a dark horse running at you from a distance; its going to catch you sooner or later, no matter what you think.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:16 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
Quote:
I don't know; I just know. And its going to be heavy fallin out and some serious lessons are going to be taught; humanity will discover how much we are not in control.

People talk about nature and some think nature controls itself; its going to become obvious that nature is being guided by its creator and its going to be unleashed like never before; and thats going to teach!
I can not think of any natural event that could take place that hasn't happend before, nature has been doing what nature does ever since this planet existed. It doesn't need a creator to impose itself upon the creatures of this Earth. So what do the other creatures beside mankind need to be taught? If this God is paying attention to a sparrow falling from the sky, why would this god choose to punish all of creation for the sake of one species, because natural events impact all the creatures of the world, it doesn't discriminate.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I can not think of any natural event that could take place that hasn't happend before, nature has been doing what nature does ever since this planet existed. It doesn't need a creator to impose itself upon the creatures of this Earth. So what do the other creatures beside mankind need to be taught? If this God is paying attention to a sparrow falling from the sky, why would this god choose to punish all of creation for the sake of one species, because natural events impact all the creatures of the world, it doesn't discriminate.

The world is a package of suffering, nothing will be omitted; and science cannot save this world. Nature can't stop God; nothing can stop him; all of creation must suffer, and the fact that none of creation can stop this reality, is proof of the absolute control of God. We can ask why, we can complain, we can disagree; but we cannot stop God from doing his own will; and the world will teach humans this.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Quote:
Tragic natural disasters have been multiplying at a horrible real rate; are they a result of blind natural forces, or is the God factor really comming into play?\
Actually, you are über-exaggerating again, as usual. The longer term (i.e.: if we look at even 10 year cycles) frequency of such events has not changed significantly, and in fact 2012 had the lowest rate of natural catastrophic phenomena ever recorded. But we do have CNN and FOx and BBC News and all the others literally salivating to report on such stuff. Headline News and so on. UNlike how it was decades ago.

So... do try to make that into what it so obviously is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality