Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
In that case I'll happily leave the negative outlook on life to the religious, as it seems to me that they love misery and forecasts of doom.

In the meantime, I'm going to grab my trusty camera and go out and record a little bit of the beauty that exists in my world....

Your world is small and ,limited, the world that God has designed for the future is FAR greater than you now hug. I only wish you could see the beginnings of that; this stuff your filming is nothing in comparrison.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:39 AM

794 posts, read 1,409,254 times
God, that's sad. You're frittering away your life, Mickiel. Make the most of it, enjoy it, or you'll come to the end and never have really lived.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
God, that's sad. You're frittering away your life, Mickiel. Make the most of it, enjoy it, or you'll come to the end and never have really lived.

I think its actually sad that I lived so many years of wine , women and song; much of my sadness comes from all those years I enjoyed my life to the fullest, you see; I did not know what real joy was. I did my thing for many years, most of my years, but my thing was not mature enjoyment, it was if it feels good do it. So I have had my full of those things, now I enjoy things on a much simple level, like writing and expressing my views on life and God, I really enjoy doing that. I enjoy a good WC Fields movie or a good meal. I enjoy a good cartoon, watching Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown. Cooking and training people at work. Riding my bike and drinking coffee while listening to the birds sing to me in the mornings; and on occasion, talking with people like yourself. Reading a good book; but I enjoy the things of the true God above all things; I just don't know him like I would want too.

The world has taught me some serious lessons; I know that in me there is a man that can give in to various lust of this world, so I constantly fight that merge in my membranes. I want to know God, and consider that to be the key to real living.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default Take it away, Judge Judy! Give 'em what fur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Your world is small and ,limited, the world that God has designed for the future is FAR greater than you now hug. I only wish you could see the beginnings of that; this stuff your filming is nothing in comparrison.
So there, sanspeur, you horribibly sad little man! Stuck out there on the extraordinarily miserable southern tip of Vancouver Island, and the equally dull Gulf Islands, in all their desperately sad misery and greyness!

I wonder.. how Do you handle it, sans, camera in hand, taking pictures of... nothing?

http://www.gulfislandsphotos.com/pho...s/KO_16709.JPG

Or your nasty little hometown...

http://localism.com/image_store/uplo...9090043755.jpg

Meantime, we have our hero here relaxing in his idea of heaven:

Quote:
I enjoy a good cartoon, watching Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown.

The world has taught me some serious lessons; I know that in me there is a man that can give in to various lust of this world, so I constantly fight that merge in my membranes. I want to know God, and consider that to be the key to real living.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Xj7K6-GFue...yFlipsBird.jpg

Yup: by comparison, she's definitely a lot better than those pix above! I'd so want to spend a day with her instead of wandering the dangerous streets of <gasp!> Victoria and The Gulf Islands!

"Merge in his membranes"? What? That would seem to be a sort of evolutionary thing, would it not? I mean: change? OMG!

Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 AM

47 posts, read 93,998 times
Quote:
I think its actually sad that I lived so many years of wine , women and song; much of my sadness comes from all those years I enjoyed my life to the fullest
I'm sure that's just called "growing up"

Most people go through it. I had my time being young and enjoying parties and such then I grew up and saw what's important and I didn't need "god" to show me the way, just common sense.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomMusing View Post
I'm sure that's just called "growing up"

Most people go through it. I had my time being young and enjoying parties and such then I grew up and saw what's important and I didn't need "god" to show me the way, just common sense.
Well the combination of God and common sense is a vast improvement in my conscious thinking, I enjoy both. The world is teaching me that humanity needs God, you are teaching that we do not; and I disagree with that. As the world turns and moves away from God, I will continue to walk toward him in my thinking;

until I see a better way to walk.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:37 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default Meantime.....

As usual, Jesus, having seen the reality threat to his teachings up close and personal, was trying another tack...

http://neuroanthropology.files.wordp...pg?w=300&h=225

...as our hero Big M was still tryin' tah lern to whawk...... but may have found a better way!

http://premisepunchtag.files.wordpre..._naked_man.jpg

(careful, my revisionist friend! Things are not as you believe them to be in your closed-minded quest! Reality tells us you might be in for a surprise out there, away from mommy's basement!)

http://tundratabloids.com/wp-content...flat-earth.jpg

Old 01-19-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
As usual, Jesus, having seen the reality threat to his teachings up close and personal, was trying another tack...

http://neuroanthropology.files.wordp...pg?w=300&h=225

...as our hero Big M was still tryin' tah lern to whawk...... but may have found a better way!

http://premisepunchtag.files.wordpre..._naked_man.jpg

(careful, my revisionist friend! Things are not as you believe them to be in your closed-minded quest! Reality tells us you might be in for a surprise out there, away from mommy's basement!)

http://tundratabloids.com/wp-content...flat-earth.jpg

Its going to be a surprise when Jesus breaks through the clouds and shows himself, but its not going to be a surprise; its been announced for years, talked about for years; and the world is constantly giving us signs everyday. The world is going to give unbelievers this new line; "Wow, so God really is Real!" Men will try to run and hide, but there is no reason to fear God, he's not out to hurt you; he's returning ONLY to help humanity, his disobedient children.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:43 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Its going to be a surprise when Jesus breaks through the clouds and shows himself, but its not going to be a surprise; its been announced for years, talked about for years; and the world is constantly giving us signs everyday. The world is going to give unbelievers this new line; "Wow, so God really is Real!" Men will try to run and hide, but there is no reason to fear God, he's not out to hurt you; he's returning ONLY to help humanity, his disobedient children.
For one who claims not to be a Christian that is an astounding statement!....What signs are you talking about? I have seen none.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
For one who claims not to be a Christian that is an astounding statement!....What signs are you talking about? I have seen none.

Well Sans I think Jesus prophecies himself is a good start; in Matthews 24; 4-28 Jesus gives a verity of things to come over the years, and those things will increase in severity toward the end. The things have happen many times, but the " Increase in severity" is the key toward the end times. in verse 5 Jesus sates that many people will actually claim to be him, to be Christ, and mislead many, such as in the Davidians in I think Texas. In verse 6 he said " Wars" and rumors of wars; the increase of that is again the sign. Famines and earthquakes, vs.7; now we have had those things always, but the increase of those, the multiple times a year like never before is the sign. And we are beginning to see record breaking multiple events like these, like never before. in vs. 14 he gives a stunning revelation of the true gospel being preached all over the whole world, which I believe has not yet occured, but it will, and we now have a media system that is able to do that, which in the past was simply impossible.

He gives another stunning prophecy in vs 21-22, which has yet to occur, but was before our age, simply impossible; a great " Tribulation", or event, which if God didnot cut short, or stop the event, it could kill every human on earth. We now have the ability to kill everyone on earth. He gave a stunning reveiw of this worlds condition right before the end, or his return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality