Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 04:04 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The new world will be spiritual, not physical. It will last forever. God will be the source of light, there will be no need for the sun.
Total nonsense....You truly are one of the most deluded persons I have ever come across,

Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
And the world is going to teach Christians that.

Nothing can teach Christians anything. They already know it all, and refuse to acknowledge any evidence of anything else.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:34 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Nothing can teach Christians anything. They already know it all, and refuse to acknowledge any evidence of anything else.

God can teach them, and you and me too.

And he will, because Christianity needs to be retaught.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Total nonsense....You truly are one of the most deluded persons I have ever come across,

If you think its deluded for me to think and believe that this world can't just keep going like this and last, then I think its you who are fooling yourself; open your eyes to the spiral of this world; the worlds direction will teach you where its going; then you can see that's its the world that's deluded.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 AM

As the world turns it teach's God , consistantly points to his reality; as science gathers knowledge, it consistantly points to God , but it just defines him as " The unknown." Whatever they discover which is unknown, its God! But science cannot teach God, they have altered their original course away from him, but the world and new knowledge will bring science back to God.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,533 times
Quote:
Your world is small and ,limited, the world that God has designed for the future is FAR greater than you now hug. I only wish you could see the beginnings of that; this stuff your filming is nothing in comparrison.

I mean no offense, but this is a point of view that worries me. It's a point of view that is ingrained in a lot of "after-life" believing religions. As for an afterlife, maybe there is, maybe there isn't. But not appreciating life on earth because one is waiting for a better afterlife is dangerous in my opinion. Because this belief tends to lend itself to disregard of the earth, the natural resources, and most importantly, individual accountability in yourself.

Its so easy for those who are "certain" of a better afterlife to not make hard fast individual decisions to make this present life better, for only themselves but for everyone, because they are anticipating the afterlife. And when atrocious things happen within humanity, its easier for them to dismiss and say its gods plan, then to actually dig in and fix things here on earth.

I am only human and would never profess to know the answers to the universe or god or afterlife. Therefore I am going to live each day and appreciate it for the beauty life brings. I think if there is a creator, that entity gave us a pretty awesome gift which is all around us everyday if you look and appreciate it. My hope is that others do too. It goes by so fast. What a shame to close your eyes and sleep it away.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I mean no offense, but this is a point of view that worries me. It's a point of view that is ingrained in a lot of "after-life" believing religions. As for an afterlife, maybe there is, maybe there isn't. But not appreciating life on earth because one is waiting for a better afterlife is dangerous in my opinion. Because this belief tends to lend itself to disregard of the earth, the natural resources, and most importantly, individual accountability in yourself.

Its so easy for those who are "certain" of a better afterlife to not make hard fast individual decisions to make this present life better, for only themselves but for everyone, because they are anticipating the afterlife. And when atrocious things happen within humanity, its easier for them to dismiss and say its gods plan, then to actually dig in and fix things here on earth.

I am only human and would never profess to know the answers to the universe or god or afterlife. Therefore I am going to live each day and appreciate it for the beauty life brings. I think if there is a creator, that entity gave us a pretty awesome gift which is all around us everyday if you look and appreciate it. My hope is that others do too. It goes by so fast. What a shame to close your eyes and sleep it away.

Mt eyes are in no manner closed, I believe in an afterlife for sure, and I live my life just like I want to. I have helped raised my children , went to school, enjoyed wine, women and song for over 40 years, traveled, served in the military, taught students, counseled inmates for 5 years in the Federal system , taught classes in college, helped all my family, I have done all that I care to do and I have NEVER done anything atrocious to ANYONE!

Yet its funny, I view people like yourself as the ones who are asleep.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:05 PM

The world is growing ever inward, super selfish and unstable. Hello!- anyone care to read the bible? Its all been forecast right there in the stunning book.

The world is going to teach just how deep and valid the bible really is.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:18 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
The world is growing ever inward, super selfish and unstable. Hello!- anyone care to read the bible? Its all been forecast right there in the stunning book.

The world is going to teach just how deep and valid the bible really is.
I once saw a movie called Star Wars that provides quite a different scenario.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Thumbs down The Lost Cause, Episode ∞

Quote:
Mt eyes are in no manner closed, I believe in an afterlife for sure, and I live my life just like I want to. I have helped raised my children , went to school, enjoyed wine, women and song for over 40 years, traveled, served in the military, taught students, counseled inmates for 5 years in the Federal system , taught classes in college, helped all my family, I have done all that I care to do and I have NEVER done anything atrocious to ANYONE!

Yet its funny, I view people like yourself as the ones who are asleep.
Oh my... Us asleep, eh? My my my.... How deluded you are, Big M. Your eyes, and indeed your mind, are closed tight against any vestige of natural curiosity you may have once had. I don't know what sad and possibly abusive thing(s) have obviously tainted your ability to see clearly, or to even briefly consider other options!

It remains blatantly obvious that your purposeful mis-quoting of facts, of making up your own version of Evolution in order to side-step the new-found facts that are accumulating around you literally in leaps and bounds, all point to a vast personal intransigence, a horrible near-pathogenic fear-based denialism, coupled with an equally ranting and corrupted conclusion of what "is".

To be that afraid is sad, when the cure, so to speak, to just open your eyes and mind and let the light in, is so easily attained.

How monumentally sad to have your apparently once-useful mind be lost for all time to the ravages of stubborn derterminism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality