Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 08:47 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I want to say Thank You to all the prayer warriors and most of all to our Holy Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit.

Yesterday we were told by the oncologist that there is no sign of cancer. We have to go back in 4 weeks for a petscan, but for now the doctor is giving us thumbs up.

Don is the one person in my life that is responsible for me turning to christianity. He was diagnosed with colorectal cancer.

He endured 6 weeks of aggressive radiation and chemo treatments which have wrecked havoc on his body. He lost 32 lbs, is weak and suffered terribly during the past 3 months. He somehow accepts it all, and never gets down. The nurses at the cancer treatment center loved having him come in.

Here is a pic of Don prior to our cancer treatment with two of his "babies".

Special thanks to kawgz and June for the DM's when I was really feeling down.
Redbird, I can't even begin to tell you how much it meant for me this morning to wake up and read this praise report! No more cancer??? That's wonderful! I'm sure he still isn't feeling too well, and he will continue to be in my prayers...as will you! You have truly shown us what self sacrifice and unselfish LOVE is all about in these trying times. You have really been there for Don and you will be blessed tremendously for your acts of giving of yourself! God put us all here for a reason, and I think it's pretty obvious that He put YOU here for Don! I'm sure that God is smiling upon you!

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

I love you Redbird...and send my love to Don as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 08:52 AM

Well, today's our big day folks! Today and tomorrow, I will be in the line of fire of PAINTBALLS!

Please pray for our safe journey with the teens and that God will touch us all. But, especially PLEASE pray that (at the very least) a seed is planted in my daughter's boyfriend and that something will be said to inspire my daughter to rededicate her life to the Lord. Everyone that is going to this camp is saved except for my daughter's boyfriend...and as a lot of you know, my daughter has really backslided.

Thanks everyone! I will update you tomorrow night or Sunday!

Old 10-12-2007, 08:53 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Well, today's our big day folks! Today and tomorrow, I will be in the line of fire of PAINTBALLS!

Please pray for our safe journey with the teens and that God will touch us all. But, especially PLEASE pray that (at the very least) a seed is planted in my daughter's boyfriend and that something will be said to inspire my daughter to rededicate her life to the Lord. Everyone that is going to this camp is saved except for my daughter's boyfriend...and as a lot of you know, my daughter has really backslided.

Thanks everyone! I will update you tomorrow night or Sunday!
Have prayed, kawg and also for the other requests posted recently.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:15 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,420,180 times
Hey guys, could you pray for my dad? He just told me a few minutes ago that he "isn't feeling good" and that I "might have to run him to the hospital". I asked him what was wrong, and he said he has been having pain down his left arm, with numbness in his hand, and he said it felt like someone was sitting on his chest. I know those are classic signs of a heart attack and I told him that. He said he took an aspirin, and that this actually started last night. So I asked him if he wanted me to call 911 or take him to the hospital, and then he said he would just wait and see if it got better, because it was starting to go away. I don't know what to think. One minute he said I might need to get him to the hospital, and then the next he's saying he will wait and see if it gets worse. Well, I told him NOW would be the time to get to the hospital, and he suddenly doesn't seem to want to go. I don't know what to do, but I don't want him falling over dead on me. Will you please pray for him, and for God to give me guidance about this? Thanks.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:32 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Rob, I am so sorry for this and I pray for his health and for your comfort and strength..Love and hugs..Blue

Old 10-13-2007, 05:27 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,696 times
Rob,
Will keep your father in my prayers. Keep us updated.

God bless us all,
Weather...

Old 10-13-2007, 11:34 PM

Rob...I know I am a little late reading this...I am praying for your dad and you! I hope everything is ok! Please let us know!

We are back from our paintball camp! Most of us have some welts and scrapes and bruises and and and.... It was a lot of fun! I didn't play in all of the rounds...being that I still have the flu and we were out in the middle of the desert, climbing in and out of foxholes and over sand dunes and . My chest was hurting and I decided to hang back and take pictures of everyone!

No decisions were made by my daughter or her boyfriend, but I think that a seed was planted and that is sufficient.

Thanks again for the prayers!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:44 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Just letting everyone know that Rob's dad was kept in the hospital over night for blood work and observation. Please keep him and Rob and the family in your prayers this Lords Day.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Just letting everyone know that Rob's dad was kept in the hospital over night for blood work and observation. Please keep him and Rob and the family in your prayers this Lords Day.
Thanks for the update Blue. I dm'd him asking what was going on. Thanks for letting us know! Will continue to pray.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:57 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,420,180 times
Default General update...

Hi all.

I SOOOOO very much appreciate all the kind hearts in this forum, with all the accompanying well-wishes, prayers and concern you have all shown. It's easy to see why so many people consider this place to be one big family.

Here's the general update on my dad:

I spoke with my mom shortly after posting my prayer request, and she got on the phone with my dad and basically chewed him out for not wanting to go to the hospital. My mom knows a thing or two about heart scares and the signs which indicate a possible heart attack. Of course, I recognized the signs, too, when my dad told me he wasn't feeling well. She convinced him to go to the hospital, so I took him to the ER.

They ran an EKG on him, drew numerous vials of blood, did a chest x-ray, and did the usual exam stuff.....blood pressure, pulse, listening to his chest, etc. When I took him in, he said he was feeling fine. But they gave him a nitroglycerin patch and aspirin (which he also took before he left the house), and shortly after that he was acting very peppy. (Apparently those nitro patches really do a good job!) Since it takes 3-4 hours to test the blood for the presence of cardiac enzymes (which are released into your system after having a heart attack), he was in an ER bed from 4:45 until almost 10:00. When the doctor came in to see him, he said that the EKG didn't show anything abnormal which would indicate he had any blockages, so it basically meant my dad would have to be admitted to go through a series of blood tests (that, in total, would take 24 hours to complete). His pulse, heart rate and breathing were all strong. The doctor said because his symptoms were of such a come-and-go nature, it was entirely possible he didn't have a heart attack, but instead was suffering from angina pain. So anyway, they shipped him upstairs to a room and my niece and I made sure he was settled in before leaving for the day. I didn't get home until after 11:30 last night.

Today when I went to see him, I was expecting to get a bit more information, but there was still no news about what happened to him. So I sat with him for a while, and he said he was feeling fine, but very tired. He wasn't able to get any decent sleep because the nurses and techs kept coming in to check on him. (Oh well, I guess that's a good thing.) Eventually, a cardiologist came in to talk to him, and told him the results of all his tests came back normal....the EKG didn't alarm him in any way, nor did the chest x-ray. His blood pressure was good, pulse was strong, breathing was good, cholesterol levels were at a good level....nothing really indicated he had a heart attack. However, the blood tests showed his cardiac enzymes were in the grey area - and because of that, the cardiologist felt it would be best for my dad to have an angiogram done tomorrow. He wants to have a closer look at the arteries in his heart to make sure there aren't any blockages that they can't see with the other tests that were done. If they see any blockages of more than 70%, they are going to immediately do a balloon catheterization, and then insert a stint. My dad will then have to stay in the hospital until Tuesday. More than 90%, and he'll need bypass surgery. If there aren't any significant blockages, my dad will come home tomorrow.

The cardiologist also said it's entirely possible my dad simply had some sort of episode that mimicked a heart attack - including the possibility that it was indigestion, which wouldn't be a surprise because he had eaten a Philly cheesesteak a few hours before going to bed. The symptoms first hit him while he was lying in bed, so who knows......? But we're just doing the tests, because as they say, "better safe than sorry". The doc said if it turns out there was no blockage (meaning most likely not a heart attack), they'll go from there and do the tests to narrow down what it was. Angina? Indigestion? Stress?

Funny thing about all this is that my dad is not really a religious man. He believes in God....in his "own way", as he says. But he has told me before "I just don't believe like you do." That's not something I can do anything about. However, somehow he is the only one in the family that doesn't worry about stuff. Go figure.

Anyway, that's the latest. I really appreciate the prayers and kindness you all have shown. Please continue to pray that he will be fine, and that all it really turned out to be was a need to belch!

When I find out more, I'll let you know.

Last edited by Pathwalker; 10-14-2007 at 07:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality