Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 02:24 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,786,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
Update #2:

My dad had the angiogram early this morning, and they discovered he does have a blocked artery on the lower section of his heart (whatever that means), but apparently because none of his other arteries are blocked and it apparently isn't a major artery, they didn't feel it warranted inserting a stint. He also does not need to have bypass surgery. The nurse said something about his important vessels look fine, and there are other arteries that supply that part of his heart with blood, so they are going to treat him with medication, diet, and exercise. I asked if that meant he had a heart attack, and she said "Well, any time you have chest pain and we find a blocked artery like that, it's basically a heart attack, yes." So my interpretation is that he had a mild heart attack, as opposed to a major one that would require aggressive treatment or surgery. Interesting enough, however, is that they said he also had a minor one in the past. But he doesn't remember when that might have been. So I suppose these were just warnings, and hopefully - with the prescribed treatment - he will be able to live a number of more years without anything major hitting.

Thank you so much for your prayers and concern. God be with you and those for whom you have requested prayer. May He watch over them and take care of them all in their time of need, supplying them with the comfort and peace to get through their trials, struggles and suffering.
Great News, Rob! Praise God!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 02:38 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,879,181 times
Quote:
Update #2:

My dad had the angiogram early this morning, and they discovered he does have a blocked artery on the lower section of his heart (whatever that means), but apparently because none of his other arteries are blocked and it apparently isn't a major artery, they didn't feel it warranted inserting a stint. He also does not need to have bypass surgery. The nurse said something about his important vessels look fine, and there are other arteries that supply that part of his heart with blood, so they are going to treat him with medication, diet, and exercise. I asked if that meant he had a heart attack, and she said "Well, any time you have chest pain and we find a blocked artery like that, it's basically a heart attack, yes." So my interpretation is that he had a mild heart attack, as opposed to a major one that would require aggressive treatment or surgery. Interesting enough, however, is that they said he also had a minor one in the past. But he doesn't remember when that might have been. So I suppose these were just warnings, and hopefully - with the prescribed treatment - he will be able to live a number of more years without anything major hitting.

Thank you so much for your prayers and concern. God be with you and those for whom you have requested prayer. May He watch over them and take care of them all in their time of need, supplying them with the comfort and peace to get through their trials, struggles and suffering.
Thanks for the update Rob keep us posted!

Old 10-15-2007, 02:42 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,492,794 times
Rob, now i will pray that your dad will take this "warning" serious

Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,264,343 times
Quote:
Update #2:

Rob,

I am so glad that you were able to get your dad to the hospital. I am equally as glad that it sounds like he is and will be doing okay. Please know that June sends her heartfelt well wishes, and in doing so, that I hold yours and your father's hearts in mine!

Take gentle care.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:55 PM

224 posts, read 777,176 times
Rob,
So glad to hear the great news.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:14 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,492,794 times
Thanking all for the prayers, good vibes and dm's about my daughter Diana. Her biopsy report has not come back from Vanderbilt yet. She had it done Friday afternoon..So patience is one of my strong points....In the shop where Diana works, repairing computers, they had a rat problem about three weeks ago..I told her that possibly it could be some disease she got from the dead rats that she got rid of and cleaned up after since no one else would do it..That could be cleared with strong antibiotics, rather than the fear of reoccurring cancer..I will let you know whenever we know..God Bless you

Old 10-16-2007, 06:19 AM

224 posts, read 777,176 times
Blue, thanks for the update. I'm praying for you and your daughter. You are all in my thoughts.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:03 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,739,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor400 View Post
Blue, thanks for the update. I'm praying for you and your daughter. You are all in my thoughts.
same here!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 AM

72,402 posts, read 18,192,129 times
Quote:
Update #2:

Good news Rob! That was a great idea to get him to the hospital,now you have a peace of mind.and a great birthday. Get him to exercise more.Walking is great!

Old 10-16-2007, 03:05 PM

320 posts, read 954,384 times
Please pray for my friend in Romania. He got in a car accident and now the government took his passport and won't let him come back to America on Oct. 22 like he was supposed to.....please pray for him because he is a full time missionary and God works through him in so many ways. He is truely a blessing to everyone he comes in contact with. Pray that he will be able to come back safe without any complications because in november he is supposed to be going to India to preach the word of God to the unsaved. thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality