Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2007, 02:55 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times

Advertisements

May Christ support us all the day long,
till the shadows lengthen,
and the evening comes,
and the busy world is hushed,
and the fever of life is over
and our work is done.
Then in his mercy
may he give us a safe lodging,
and holy rest and peace at the last.

Amen.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 06:33 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
We stand before you, Holy Spirit,
conscious of our sinfulness,
but aware that we gather in your name.

Come to us, remain with us,
and enlighten our hearts.

Give us light and strength
to know your will,
to make it our own
and to live it in our lives.

Guide us by your wisdom,
support us by your power,
for you are God,
sharing the glory of Father and Son.

You desire justice for all:
enable us to uphold the rights of others;
do not allow us to be misled by ingorance
or corrupted by fear or favor.
Unite us to yourself in the bond of love
and keep us faithful to all that is true.

As we gather in your name
may we temper justice with love,
so that all our decisions
may be pleasing to you,
and earn the reward
promised to good and faithful servants.

Amen

(found this on a prayer card that I had saved since Mar. 23, 2005, Diocese of Orlando Synod. thought it was worth sharing.)

May God bless us all...

Weather...

Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 PM

Father, God,
I come before you this evening to say "Thank you". Thank you for this life that you have given me. Thank you for healthy children and a faithful husband who loves me. Thank you for food on the table and a roof over my head. Thank you for family and friends. Thank you for loving me so much that you would send your son to die for me. Thank you for the rain.
In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:28 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Amen, weather, Amen.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:15 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Default Prayer request...

Would you guys please pray for the wife of one of our former pastors who has recently been diagnosed with supposedly an aggressive form of cancer. She battled cancer successfully about 20 years ago. This has now come up again. Before it attacked her mouth and tongue. I'm not sure where it is now. Sweet precious couple. He is working as a missionary to Mexico now. They have 2 kids, about ages 17 and 20.

Thanks,

kaykay

Old 10-31-2007, 10:17 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post

to say "Thank you".
Thank you for those times when we are reminded to take gentle care, and do so.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,815 times
Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus...

First, thank you. Thanks for the blessings in my life. Thanks for pulling me up when I was at my lowest. You are truly a great and loving father. I praise you for what you have accomplished in me recently. It would not have been possible without you. Along that line, I hold up to you for blessings all the friends from the forum who prayed for me. You heard their prayers and they were answered. Thank you for such friends.

Lord, you are sovereign, all loving and all knowing. You hold us in the palm of your hand. Father, I pray for the petitions on this forum.. for the healings and safety and all the other requests; may they be granted in accordance with your will. You are in control and your wisdom is beyond our understanding. I trust you completely to answer our faithful prayers. Father, may those making the requests be comforted by knowing you hear them and all those who pray. May your peace and love envelope them and sustain them. May your strength be imparted unto them in these trying times.

Lord, I pray for all those who know you and love you that they may be strengthened and fortified to carry on your glorious work. I pray for those who don't know you that they will. I pray for our enemies that their hearts, minds and eyes be opened. I pray for our leaders, from the heads of state down to the local level, for wisdom and discerment in the daily decisions they make, especially when it affects others. I pray for our troops, that they be held up to you for protection and strength and that their needs be met. I pray for all victims of fire, crime, violence.. that they know you are with them and will carry them and heal them.

Heavely Father, my Lord and Savior, thank you for your love and mercy and peace. May all come to know you better. In Jesus' name I pray...Amen.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
AMEN, Mams! Beautiful prayer and I am so happy to see that things are going good in your life! It's always wonderful to see the things God is doing in people's lives! It really lifts me up!

Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 PM

My Dearest friends,

I am attaching the final paragraph from Parker Underwood's site (parkeru.org). These are words written by Parker's father, Aaron. God bless you all for your faithfulness. Please continue to pray.

10/31 update
As you can imagine Jamie and I have been wondering if we have enough faith, wondering how to pray and searching for God’s will. Today we prayed for just those specific things. We were looking back at this entire journey and wondering if we had ever given it completely to Him. Neither of us could honestly say yes. For me it must be that I was only interested in God’s will if it went my way. I can recall many times making decisions that I thought best for Parker without putting it before God. I keep thinking that God needs help or something. He doesn’t need for us to do anything but get out of the way, love and trust Him. Pray that Jamie and I can do that. Pray that we can put God before Parker and ourselves. What a journey this has become……and it’s not over yet.

You are always in my prayers...

Weather...

Old 11-01-2007, 03:48 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Default Prayer Request...

Could you guys please pray for someone on this forum whose son is having some pretty serious emotional problems, maybe even a bit suicidal. Because of confidentiality, I really don't want to say anymore, but please pray for this young man and this family however you feel the Lord leads you to do so.

Thanks,
kaykay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality