Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 11:13 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times

Advertisements

Just found out today that my chiropractor and his wife (who are both very dear and devout Christian people) were involved in a terrible car wreck with a drunk driver on a highway near Houston the week-end before Christmas. I would like to request prayer for both of them. It's a wonder they're even still here! The car nosedived down about 25 feet in the air before crashing into the ground. He was bunged up but his wife suffered the more severe injuries-the worst being a totally crushed vertebra in her low back.

Thankfully, he was able to get an excellent neurosurgeon to do her surgery with some kind of cutting edge technology. She has just been released from the hospital and the surgery went well. But even with maximum painkillers, she has been in a tremendous amount of pain. Please pray for her and really for both of them to recover from the devastating wreck. Thank you. (The wife's name is Cathie.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 11:41 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,080 times
will add them to my prayers kaykay..

Old 01-03-2008, 03:09 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,154 times
How awful.

Will be praying Kaykay.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:18 PM

72,413 posts, read 18,199,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Just found out today that my chiropractor and his wife (who are both very dear and devout Christian people) were involved in a terrible car wreck with a drunk driver on a highway near Houston the week-end before Christmas. I would like to request prayer for both of them. It's a wonder they're even still here! The car nosedived down about 25 feet in the air before crashing into the ground. He was bunged up but his wife suffered the more severe injuries-the worst being a totally crushed vertebra in her low back.

Thankfully, he was able to get an excellent neurosurgeon to do her surgery with some kind of cutting edge technology. She has just been released from the hospital and the surgery went well. But even with maximum painkillers, she has been in a tremendous amount of pain. Please pray for her and really for both of them to recover from the devastating wreck. Thank you. (The wife's name is Cathie.)
How horrible! I will pray for Cathie

Old 01-03-2008, 09:00 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,237,938 times
Remembering everyone in prayer tonight. Just wanted to say thank you so much for the prayers for my family. Everything is going so good. My daughter is really trying hard and you can see the difference it is making in the children. Blessings to you all!
God is so good!!

Old 01-03-2008, 09:24 PM

I am so happy to hear things are going better for you Thefer! God is good!

I just wanted to update you all on IBCWife. She sent me a brief email today to inform me that her MRI results came back (Yeah, that was real quick!).

Praise God, everything came back NORMAL!!!!!

I'm sure she'll post here as well, but I thought you might all like to know the good news.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:48 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
will add them to my prayers kaykay..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
How awful.

Will be praying Kaykay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
How horrible! I will pray for Cathie
Thank you guys so much! I'm just really thankful to God that they are both alive considering how bad it was!

Good to hear about ibcwife! Thanks for the update, kawg.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:58 AM

Just an update on my friend, Debbie, that is awaiting a liver transplant.

There was a liver that became available yesterday, however, I guess there was a man more ill than she is so he got it instead.

This situation really brings to light the importance of people making their wishes KNOWN whether or not they wish to donate their organs.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:29 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,454 times
(I think I have lost my mind and the computer knows it.)

Gracious, Heavenly Father,
I want to thank you this morning for a roof over my head, healthy children, and food in my pantry. I thank you for a husband who loves and respects me, for friends who take time to call and say, "how are you?", and for Faith. I thank you for your mercy, for your patience in me, and for always being there with open arms. And Father, I thank you for the trials that you have placed in my life.
In Jesus' Holy name, I pray, Amen.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:25 PM

PRAISE GOD!!!

My friend Debbie will be getting her liver transplant tonight at 10pm Arizona time!

Please pray that everything goes well for her during surgery and a speedy recovery. She has a grandson on the way, within the next couple of months, that needs her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality