Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 04:06 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times

Advertisements

Kaykay,
I will definitely be praying for you. It sounds like you're getting into a lot there. I hope it all works out the way you want it.
I'll be praying for your peace of mind about everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 04:25 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Here's the update.

I just got off the phone with my daughter. Things are looking pretty good. They're giving Kayleigh (granddaughter) breathing treatments. She was throwing all of her formula up this morning, but they seem to have it under control now. She ate a lot of food and managed to keep one bottle of formula down so far. They're hoping she will be well enough to go home tomorrow, but not sure at this time.

I got off work early so I can go up and give my daughter a break and she can get some rest.

Thanks everyone for your prayers! I know they made a difference!

<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>

So glad things are looking better!!

Old 02-19-2008, 10:38 PM

Default Updates

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to give a couple of updates.

My granddaughter is doing quite a bit better, however, she is pretty cranky due to the steroids and being cooped up in the hospital room. She likes her freedom to roam and she doesn't have that there...bundled up with the meds they're giving her...well, she's just cranky. My daughter is holding in there, but it's tough for her. I gave her a break for a while tonight so she could get some rest.

Also, here's an update on Debbie. I really do appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts from everyone. They mean a lot to me and I know it means a lot to Debbie and my daughter as well. THANK YOU ALL!

Quote:
58 February 19, 2008 at 10:01 PM MST
Good evening everyone, I do have some encouraging news to share tonight. Debbie has had a restful day...no tests other than the routine lab work. They wanted to give her a day to rest and to let her body start to heal. They have started weaning her off the ventilator tonight and she should be extubated (breathing tube removed) by the morning. She has been able to communicate with me a bit with pen and paper so it wasn't as frustrating to her trying to tell me something when she can't talk. Her vital signs have remained stable and the great news is so far nothing has grown from the cultures they've taken, so it looks like she doesn't have an infection. They're thinking she got so sick due to a combination of her medications becoming toxic to her kidneys and lungs. They are trying to make adjustments to her medications to alleviate this problem, I'm positive they will be successful. In the ICU I think they either forget or sometimes they don't have the time to take care of the small things for their patients, so today I washed Debbie up and have been plastering vaseline on her oh so dry lips, they are looking much better, and I washed and lotioned her feet (she always enjoys when I do that). Jesus is the great healer and he's coming through loud and strong, thanks to all the wonderful prayer warriors Debbie has working for her. Words just can not express the gratitude I feel towards all of you who have been so faithful in keeping us in your prayers. I hope to have another encouraging update tomorrow, until then I wish you all a good night. God bless.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:52 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Yep! The saying always rings true!!!

WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS!

Everyone, please keep my little 7 month old granddaughter in your prayers. She was admitted into the hospital at 2am this morning with pneumonia. They were going to air van her to Las Vegas or Phoenix and changed their minds at the last minute...However, she WILL be in the hospital for at least 2 days or more.
Also, if you could keep my daughter in your prayers as well. She's beside herself...however, I am praying this will help to bond mother/daughter.

Thanks everyone...I will keep you updated.
I will keep her in my prayers. She is so tiny! Read the last post. It's hard for her,she doesn't understand.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:36 AM

Here's a newer pic of my granddaughter...just a little face to go with the name for who you're praying for.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:10 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,131,557 times
Of course, kawg, we are keeping little Kayleigh, Debbie and all in our prayers. KayKay, prayers also for your needs right now.

And, Izzy, I continue to pray for Christine and her full recovery. It is so difficult to see infants suffer from the illnesses of the world as it is today. They need all the comfort we can give them. God will see to it that they will all have perfect health one day.

Praying for your continued improvement, Blue! Hugs to all.

My husband is daily getting stronger and feeling much better. We will have another scan in 2 months to be sure that the cancer hasn't traveled elsewhere, but I feel confident that he will be well. Thank you all for remembering him in your prayers and all of your well wishes. It means so much to me. You are all special people and I am so grateful for your love and friendship.

My thoughts and prayers are with all who require God's assistance tonight.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM

Thanks gemthornton and everyone for praying for little Christine,She is going to have another round of chemo on the 26th of February,Please pray that her counts will be high enough to receive the chemo therapy. thanks!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:18 PM

I am remembering you all in my prayers.

Again, I would like to thank you all for YOUR prayers!

Kayleigh is home now. She's still cranky (pretty sure from the steroids/meds) but she is feeling MUCH better!

Thanks again everyone!

I haven't received the latest update on Debbie yet. I really do appreciate the prayers, though!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLovIzzy View Post
Thanks gemthornton and everyone for praying for little Christine,She is going to have another round of chemo on the 26th of February,Please pray that her counts will be high enough to receive the chemo therapy. thanks!
Just got some news that her count is 550,needs to be 700 by Tuesday. Please pray for her so that she will be strong enough to receive the therapy on Tuesday

Old 02-21-2008, 06:21 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
I continue to pray for complete healing for little Christina..I read her web page and her moms blog..There are new pictures there of a beautiful smiling Christina

I am so glad that Kayleigh is home, and keeping everyone busy, Kawg..I am praying for Debbie..She is a truly remarkable lady..I pray for her family also who are going through so much right now..Please Lord, continue to keep this family strong.
Gem, Crazy and Kaykay, know that I pray for your needs, as well..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality