U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2008, 04:03 PM

600 posts, read 1,113,999 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to let you all know that the body of the second little girl who died in the fire was found today. Also, Melissa (the mom) was released from the hospital today. I don't know if her eyesight has been restored or not. There is a candlelight vigil tonight at 8pm that I will be attending. Please pray for comfort and healing for our community and that above all, the Lord will be glorified through this tragedy.

I am praying for everyone's requests as I have time to do so.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 05:28 PM

2,798 posts, read 8,922,445 times
I have read and caught up on the requests here...Please know I am praying for you all!

A quick update...we don't have a lot of details, however things look pretty grim. My mom had an appt today with the same doc my dad has been seeing. He said my dad has about a 60/40 chance of pulling through this. This is not what we needed to hear. Now I have to figure out how to prepare my kids.
I don't know how I'm going to do this.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:45 PM

13,393 posts, read 20,713,227 times
Kawg, believe me , hon, your kids know and understand more than you think they do..My best advice, as I have experienced this with my kids is ..Be honest with them, let them know what the doctors are saying..Tell them everything, Kawg..Then hold them close, and just love them, and comfort each other, and above all pray with them and let them feel free to express their feelings..If I remember right, about the age of your youngest, he is old enough..God Bless all of you..

Old 04-23-2008, 06:09 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,404,439 times
Kawg know we are thinking about you and praying for your family.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:52 PM

8,382 posts, read 19,435,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Hi all! I know I haven't been on much lately, a lot is going on...especially now. I need to ask for some prayers and warm wishes from you all.

My mom called me a little after 3am this morning...She has to call 911 for my dad. The only thing I know at this point is that it's his heart (yeah, here he is going through radiation for the lung cancer and now we're back to his heart). They more or less have him in a medically induced coma and is on a ventilator and they're removing fluid from his lungs. He is now in ICU.
In the meantime...My mother already hadn't been feeling good for the last couple of days. I guess this situation with my dad triggered even more. My dad went into the hospital a little after 3am and my mother in now in the hospital as of about 5:30am. Her heart was racing and very irregular. They injected her with some kind of stuff that stopped her heart for a few seconds, then basically "rebooted" it.

Yeah, things are crazy and very much in turmoil.

Thanks everyone! I'll try to update later.
I'm sorry. I know how hard it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Kawg, believe me , hon, your kids know and understand more than you think they do..My best advice, as I have experienced this with my kids is ..Be honest with them, let them know what the doctors are saying..Tell them everything, Kawg..Then hold them close, and just love them, and comfort each other, and above all pray with them and let them feel free to express their feelings..If I remember right, about the age of your youngest, he is old enough..God Bless all of you..
I agree but to a point. It depends how old they are and how much info they can handle. You might say, there is the chance we might lose grandpa, and ask if they want to visit with him alone so that they can say what ever they want to say. My daughter is not good with too much info. She's so sensative & it affects her schooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
Kawg you and your family are in my prayers. Deb, keeping the COok family in my prayers also.

My SIL sent me an email asking for prayer for her very good friend Katherine. She suffered a stroke and had emergency brain surgery yesterday. She and her husband have a six month old. E-zekiel.tv - Yesterday, Katherine Wolf suffered a major congenital injury to her brain and is in intensive care in California. Pray for Katherine's recovery.
That stinks She looks very young.

Someone my hubby used to work with is in a similar situation. He feel from the top deck of his car carrier while delivering cars; just like my hubby did back in October. My hubby lucked out with face/skull fractures & his right shoulder; this guy was not as lucky and they were discussing pulling life support He's young (40's) as well.

I've handed out some reps, kind of replying to your posts that way. Seeing all of these posts gets me down.

sending a cyber hug to those that need it.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:58 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 974,104 times
Sorry, I forgot to mention this earlier, I am praying for all of the requests I see. God bless!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:05 PM

600 posts, read 1,113,999 times
Kawg I'm so very sorry that you're having to face the possibility of saying goodbye to your dad. I know just how it feels to have to think about those things as my dad has been at death's door a few times over the past several years. God has been gracious though and has given him more time here with his family.

I believe with all of my heart that when the time comes, the Lord will give you the strength that you will need to get through. It will come at the very moment that you need it. Try to keep your eyes focused on Him rather than on the circumstances that surround you. I will pray for you and your mom and dad.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,563,250 times
oh kawg, I am so very sorry hon that this news is not good. My oldest son was 4 when my dad died. My son thought the sun rose and set with him, and vice versa. I was in no shape to tell my son, my mother in law did it for me, and I made the decision not to allow him to go to the funeral. (I have vivid memories of going to my grandfathers funeral around that age and was scared to death, my mom could not comfort me as she was dealing with her own grief).

He went thru a stage of being angry at me for not allowing him to go, but now that he is older, he understands.

If I had it to do over, I would do it the same, he was just way too young. IF he had been even a year older, i would have allowed him to go.

But telling him was important, and talking with him about my dad's cancer and preparing him helped him deal with the death.

I had my hubby and mother in law to lean on for support, make sure you have someone you can rely on if needed.

This all sounds so crass, but it is things like this that we all need to know..I am truly sorry he is so bad, and will continue to pray not only for him and your mom, but for all of you...this will take a hard toll on your mom so her dr should be aware of this and give her any meds she might need to get thru this.

I'm hurting for you my dear friend...aiangel

Old 04-23-2008, 11:22 PM

Thank you all so very much for your kind and comforting words and prayers. It really means a lot. We really don't know WHAT to think at this point.
Honestly, as far as really explaining to my kids the seriousness of the conversation...I'm afraid if I tell them what the doctor said, about only having a 60% chance of making it through this, if he DOES make it through this ok, my kids (the 12 and 7 year old) will wake up with nightmares of him dying, have trouble in school etc. I know BOTH of them have had these nightmares in the past, of my dad dying, and would wake up crying. So I really just don't know how much to lay on them.
On the other hand, I really don't want to NOT tell them and something happen to him and them not be prepared. Actually, when it comes right down to it, I KNOW I will sit down and explain everything to them...It's more just a matter of HOW. I know I have to do it one on one with each of them, because I will have to deal with it differently with each of them. I can't tell them all the same thing and get the right result from all...They all have to be told in an individual manner...I just have to pray and work out what and who to talk to first. I know my teenagers will deal with this a bit easier than the younger two.

Anyway...Thanks to you all! <<<<HUGS>>>>

I just thought I would post a pic of the man you're all praying for! Here's my dad last July, 4th holding his new born great granddaughter!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:26 PM

I'm sorry...I have TRIED AND TRIED to make this pic smaller...I can't set it any smaller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or