Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,815 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your support -- you'll never know how much it has meant to me. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the friends who came to lift me up at the time of my fall.

Your words of encouragement have helped me a great deal. I read the prayer request posts for me and wept. In reality I didn't think I would even be missed. Boy, you guys sure proved me wrong. I am humbled to think that people I haven't met face-to-face would care for me just as if we had.

I believe I am on my way back. With God's help nothing is impossible. I know it's not Him beating me up and discouraging me. I know He has forgiven me. It's the people in my (off-line) life who have been impacted that's still a work in progess. But, thanks in part to all your support and prayers, there has definiately been progress in that area also. Lives still need healed, but it's moving in the right direction.

Again, thank you and I hope to be able to return the blessings I received through you.

Yours In Christ --
Mark (mams1559)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 10:12 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Thank you for your support -- you'll never know how much it has meant to me. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the friends who came to lift me up at the time of my fall.

Your words of encouragement have helped me a great deal. I read the prayer request posts for me and wept. In reality I didn't think I would even be missed. Boy, you guys sure proved me wrong. I am humbled to think that people I haven't met face-to-face would care for me

Again, thank you and I hope to be able to return the blessings I received through you.

Yours In Christ --
Mark (mams1559)
MARK, There is nothing in this world as powerful as prayer You have blessed us more than you know. You have shown us your christian strength by your sorrow, and humbleness for your shortcomings..We love you, and God loves you more Besides Mark, whats a family for

Old 06-11-2007, 11:44 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post

Your words of encouragement have helped me a great deal. I read the prayer request posts for me and wept. In reality I didn't think I would even be missed. Boy, you guys sure proved me wrong. I am humbled to think that people I haven't met face-to-face would care for me just as if we had.

I believe I am on my way back. With God's help nothing is impossible. I know it's not Him beating me up and discouraging me. I know He has forgiven me. It's the people in my (off-line) life who have been impacted that's still a work in progess. But, thanks in part to all your support and prayers, there has definiately been progress in that area also. Lives still need healed, but it's moving in the right direction.

Yours In Christ --
Mark (mams1559)
I am so glad you came back! I was wondering how you're doing...I am so glad things are looking up for you! Just remember we are ALL here for you, ANYTIME! And NEVER let guilt get the best of you! Guilt is satan's domain and we don't want to feed that troll!
Keep your spirits up and please know that I WILL be praying for you!
Lots of love to you!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:54 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
I had my job interview today and I think it went well. The only draw back might be he wants some one to work weekends and I can't work every weekend, but I am trusting the Lord and if this where He wants me it will happen. Thanks to all who prayed for me.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:36 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Default Prayer request

You guys are probably tired of hearing about this, but could I one more time ask for prayer for my husband on here? As I was concerned about, he has kinda fallen into a full-blown depression. Besides the church situation, he is very sick right now with respiratory "crud" and that isn't helping. Could you please just agree with me some more about his mental/physical state here? I so appreciate you guys! Besides the church situation, let me also mention this, as most of you know our only child died about 6 years ago. Since that time, Mother's Day and Father's Day are NOT good times for us since it's just a real big reminder of the fact that we are no longer parents. (at least not on earth.) And as you know...Sunday is Father's Day. I probably don't need to elaborate any more for you to understand the situation.

Blessings,
Paula

Old 06-11-2007, 02:50 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Heavenly Father, I humbly come before you this day to ask that you bless this religion forum to stay intact..Dear God ,I see us at this very hour all coming together with apologies to each other for hurts we may have caused..Lord I can see you working your power here. I thank you with tears of joy that maybe we can reach out here and continue to witness for you..We know Lord that the greatest commandment is love, I am seeing it come through in these posts..In the name of your precious son, Jesus Christ, this is my prayer..amen

Old 06-11-2007, 02:52 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Ohhh Kaykay...I am trying to see the screen right now as I have tears welling up! Of course you KNOW I will pray for you and your husband! It really must be hard. I'm sorry, I must have missed somewhere about your child. I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know what to say. I can only imagine how difficult Mother's Day and Father's Day must be on you both.
My deepest prayers are with you both!

P.S Tell your hubby to get on the prayer request thread...we'll lift him up! Just be careful of the other threads right now lol some are not so uplifting and encouraging!
Lot of love to you both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
You guys are probably tired of hearing about this, but could I one more time ask for prayer for my husband on here? As I was concerned about, he has kinda fallen into a full-blown depression. Besides the church situation, he is very sick right now with respiratory "crud" and that isn't helping. Could you please just agree with me some more about his mental/physical state here? I so appreciate you guys! Besides the church situation, let me also mention this, as most of you know our only child died about 6 years ago. Since that time, Mother's Day and Father's Day are NOT good times for us since it's just a real big reminder of the fact that we are no longer parents. (at least not on earth.) And as you know...Sunday is Father's Day. I probably don't need to elaborate any more for you to understand the situation.

Blessings,
Paula

Old 06-11-2007, 02:57 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post

Blessings,
Paula
Dear God,
I ask you please to hold kaykay and her husband close. Mr. kaykay is hurting now and he needs you to reach down and lift him up. Bring him close you your heart and let him feel your warmth surround him. Father, I cannot even imagine the hurt of losing a child, but you know this pain, Father. You feel it ever day. You sent your only son to die a terrible death for us. You feel it every time one of your children turn away from you. Father, kaykay and her husband are in a terrible season of the year for them. This is a time when children are supposed to be rejoicing and honoring their parents. But kaykay's son has already gone home to live with you. And while we rejoice in that knowledge, Father, it does not take away the pain of their loneliness. Father, I pray that you surround them with the love of others. Give them comfort and peace that can only come from knowing you.

I ask these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:19 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Thank you ladies so much for your prayers!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:56 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Dear God please bless all these lovely people that are in need of your intervention the help they desire and deserve. They are a special group indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality