Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 02:02 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times

Advertisements

Well, to add to everything going on with my dad, I had to take my mom to the ER this evening. She has a flare up of diverticulitis and they have admitted her into the hospital. We're not sure how long they'll keep her, but this is really bad timing! Someone from hospice is supposed to be here tomorrow. We'll probably postpone until my mom can be here.
Please pray she gets well QUICKLY so she can come home and spend this time with my dad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 08:29 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post

Hi everyone,
I know it's been a long time. I just don't get on here much anymore.

I just thought I would give an update on my dad.

We just got the results back on my dad's latest petscan. The cancer has spread throughout his lungs and there is nothing more they can do for him. He's too weak for chemo. They are sending hospice out in order to make his last days "more comfortable".
My parents are living with me now, they have been for about 2 months. This is the hardest thing I have ever done, and undoubtedly is the hardest thing I will probably ever have to endure. My heart breaks every day when I look at him. He is now 6ft and weighs a measly 107 pounds.

I appreciate all the prayers and warm wishes that have been sent my way. However, there isn't anything that even God can do at this point.

Love to all!
Thanks to all that have been there for me!

Kawg-

You know that June doesn't exactly post on this thread too often, but I wanted to let you know that I hold you in my heart, and have been thinking (and wondering) about you and how your father was doing...Please know that you are not alone inasmuch as there are those who are with you in thought and spirit, sending thoughts of hope and strength. --And please, especially now:

Take extra gentle care.

Love,

-June

Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,
I know it's been a long time. I just don't get on here much anymore.

I just thought I would give an update on my dad.

We just got the results back on my dad's latest petscan. The cancer has spread throughout his lungs and there is nothing more they can do for him. He's too weak for chemo. They are sending hospice out in order to make his last days "more comfortable".
My parents are living with me now, they have been for about 2 months. This is the hardest thing I have ever done, and undoubtedly is the hardest thing I will probably ever have to endure. My heart breaks every day when I look at him. He is now 6ft and weighs a measly 107 pounds.

I appreciate all the prayers and warm wishes that have been sent my way. However, there isn't anything that even God can do at this point.

Love to all!
Thanks to all that have been there for me!
You have my sincere sympathy, I realize that these words do not offer much comfort in what you are about to experience because I have been there myself and I know exactly how you are feeling, you see in 1992 I lost my father the same way and I was the one that had to tell him that he was dying and that there was nothing that the doctors could do for him and it was at that time that he decided to be taken off all life-support systems, the cancer he had,had spread too far for them to do anything for him except make him comfortable and he only lived for a couple of days after that and I was with him the night that he passed away. The only thing I can offer to you is to take what time that you have with him quality time, this is going to be the hardest thing that you will probably ever do, but all you can do is the best that you can, look after your mother, she's going to need a lot of support from you, it's not going to be easy on her either, you have my sincere sympathy and I truly mean that.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:19 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Oh my goodness... there have been so many posts since I have been on here last. I ask the Lord to watch over everyone and please answer everyone's prayers here on CD... there are so many. Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers right now... I came back from a vacation and was shocked by the amount of news on here. Kawg for your Father, and for Baby Manning...and our friend NMS surgery... Lord watch over them... I don't want to forget to Praise to the Lord for all of the wonderful news, like Blue's grand daughter in-law and the baby... that is great news... wonderful news Blue!!!!

Lord be with you all...

Skbs

Old 10-09-2008, 09:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
I am praying for all the requests I have read on various threads and for the health and happiness of all my friends on cd..May God bless you and guide you in these times when you may be suffering from the economic crisis..

Phillpians 4:11-13
11.. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
12.. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
13.. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Special prayers for Kawg and family and for her Dad who has begun his journey home..

Old 10-10-2008, 10:25 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Well, to add to everything going on with my dad, I had to take my mom to the ER this evening. She has a flare up of diverticulitis and they have admitted her into the hospital. We're not sure how long they'll keep her, but this is really bad timing! Someone from hospice is supposed to be here tomorrow. We'll probably postpone until my mom can be here.
Please pray she gets well QUICKLY so she can come home and spend this time with my dad.
Kawgpz550, I sure hope everything works out. Mom's are the best. I don't like seeing anyone feeling pain when their parent's health is failing. I will say a prayer for you and your folks.

I pretty much lost it when my Mom passed away. But now, I am always thinking of her and hearing her advice. So I don't think she is really gone. Just in another place. In my heart.

I know most christians have seen and heard every type of message now that we have the internet. But here is something that touches the heart and its not exactly a Prayer Request, more of a short clip of a child seeking answers to a lost loved one. I hope the Mod allows this link to stay. If not, I understand.

YouTube - Meet Logan, The Sky Angel Cowboy - CBN News

Old 10-10-2008, 11:06 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Redbird, that was so moving and touched a very special place in my heart and soul that is for the children and their faith...Thank you, I am about to send the video link to many people...

Old 10-11-2008, 07:43 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,136 times
Remembering all in prayer tonight.
If you have the time and are up to it kawgpz550 type The Dash in your browser.
a friend sent it to me last year when my grandmother passed and it really touched my heart.
He also sent me The Sky Angel Cowboy and I cry every time I watch it.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you. I wish we all could be together when one of us goes through sad times like these, but know that you are in our heart.
hugs and prayers
thefer

Old 10-13-2008, 10:28 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Redbird,what a touching story,thank you!
Prayers for Kawg and the family

And thanks for praying for Christine,she is almost there.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:12 AM

599 posts, read 1,260,916 times
Default Praise and Prayers

I just wanted to give a little update on my parents. I had posted that my mom has a lump in her groin area that her doctor felt was more than likely a recurrance of the lymphoma she was diagnosed with 3 years ago (at that time, she had a lump removed from her thigh and was diagnosed with lymphoma...scans were done and because she didn't have it anywhere else in her body, there was no treatment needed at that time). She went in today to have another scan done in preparation for a needle biopsy and guess what?? The lump is half the size it was previously!! Her doctor said that if it was cancerous it would not be shrinking but rather getting larger. Isn't that awesome? Our God is good!!

My dad, however, isn't doing very well at all. He's continuting to lose weight...my mom thinks he's dropped 50 lbs. in the last 3-4 months at least. He has no appetite and most days will eat just a few bites of food. He's just skin and bones now and is so weak he can hardly get out of bed and sit in his wheelchair the three times a week he goes in for dialysis. We don't believe he will recover at this point (although I do believe in miracles, we have to be realistic) and it will only be a matter of time before he is too weak to be able to continue with his dialysis. I'm going to visit my parents this weekend and will do what I can to help. Please continue to pray for us as we travel through this valley. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality