Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 10:40 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

Advertisements

Dear Lord, I thank you for another day that you have granted us to praise you and to spread the good news about your precious son. I pray that we may have given someone here just a spark of a need to seek you out and give their lives over to you. I pray, Lord, for the people here who are in need of a blessing for healing whether it be spiritual or physical. I pray Lord that you will bless them as only you can. In Jesus name, I pray..amen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 11:31 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
Please pray that we get rain, but no storms. We have never been this dry and 98% of our state is in severe or worse drought. We are around 15 to 20 inches drier than normal/average. We do not need any storms, just rain. thank you.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Default Prayer request

Please pray for me to have wisdom to know what to do with my mom. She is stilll in the hospital. They have not found the problem and she is still very sick. I think they are just gonna release her. At first they were talking about doing exploratory surgery?? I'm feeling like we need to transfer her to a different hospital. I am not confident in the doctors and medical care where she is. She is 82 and I am the only child. This is the first time I've had to make these kind of decisions and final calls on what should be done and I'm kinda floundering. I am also balancing trying to be here at work and take care of the situation.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Please pray for me to have wisdom to know what to do with my mom. She is stilll in the hospital. They have not found the problem and she is still very sick. I think they are just gonna release her. At first they were talking about doing exploratory surgery?? I'm feeling like we need to transfer her to a different hospital. I am not confident in the doctors and medical care where she is. She is 82 and I am the only child. This is the first time I've had to make these kind of decisions and final calls on what should be done and I'm kinda floundering. I am also balancing trying to be here at work and take care of the situation.
Oh kaykay,
I know what you are going through, and if you ever need to talk, just pm me.

Oh Heavenly Father, I ask for guidance and help for Paula during this time of need in her life. Help her to make wise decisions and absorb the guilt that comes with these type of decisions. I pray for peace for her and her mother and I pray for a solution to this mystery illness to be brought forth. Help her find the right physician and medical team to diagnose her mom and guide her in choosing the right treatment.

I pray for friends and family to rally around and shoulder some of her load and for You to hold them in YOur arms and surround them with comfort.

How I praise You, Father, for life and glory and blessing. For the love of a mom and the love of a child. Thank You for showing us what true love is.

In your name I pray, amen.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Thanks

Thank you, a-1angel, for your beautiful prayer. Blessings on all you intercessors!

Paula

Old 06-19-2007, 12:36 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Oh Heavenly Father, I ask for guidance and help for Paula during this time of need in her life. Help her to make wise decisions and absorb the guilt that comes with these type of decisions. I pray for peace for her and her mother and I pray for a solution to this mystery illness to be brought forth. Help her find the right physician and medical team to diagnose her mom and guide her in choosing the right treatment.

I pray for friends and family to rally around and shoulder some of her load and for You to hold them in YOur arms and surround them with comfort.

How I praise You, Father, for life and glory and blessing. For the love of a mom and the love of a child. Thank You for showing us what true love is.

In your name I pray, amen.
Amen and amen

Old 06-19-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Yes..another one

I'm embarrassed to continue to ask. But it does seem like there has been power when I've asked you guys to pray. So I'm gonna swallow any pride and ask again. Besides the deal with my mother, could you guys continue to pray for my husband. He is just very depressed. He just seems to feel that he has no motivation to live. He's not suicidal. But he is just in a very bad place emotionally right now. Now after you guys prayed a week or so ago, there was a VAST improvement but I don't know if it was Father's Day or what but after about Sunday, he is very down again. Thanks so much. And I really am sorry to be so needy in this season!
Blessings,
Paula

Last edited by kaykay; 06-19-2007 at 05:27 PM..

Old 06-19-2007, 05:30 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
You are right Paula, there is power in prayer. Doesn't matter if it is a simple plea or long thought out words, it is the most powerful tool we have to help each other with. Asking for prayer is also a powerful sign of your faith. Knowing that you pray for us when we ask is a sign of our Godly love and respect for each other.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
You are right Paula, there is power in prayer. Doesn't matter if it is a simple plea or long thought out words, it is the most powerful tool we have to help each other with. Asking for prayer is also a powerful sign of your faith. Knowing that you pray for us when we ask is a sign of our Godly love and respect for each other.
Thank you so much Blue. It gives me so much more peace to know you guys are praying!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:00 PM

Im still here as well kaykay. You guys have helped me so much with my family problems that I can say that prayer works.

I also ask you continue to pray for my husband to allow the Holy Spriit to work on and in him, I am seeing signs of an improvement. Also,
I am going to be on a trip for next week and another one till the 3rd of July, please pray for safe passage for me and my fellow passengers.
Thank you guys...kaykay, you are also still in my prayers as your mom and husband are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality